Summer is in full swing, August in Miami is hot and humid, afternoon showers are not uncommon and actually welcomed to bring a bit of relief from the blistering sun.
Due to the ongoing challenging circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic and the sharp increase in COVID-19 cases this summer, health and safety measures have been reinstated and many attractions and parks have closed again. The status of the many events programmed for August may change at the last minute, many have already been postponed. We will continue to monitor closely this rapidly evolving situation and provide relevant updates. Here's the latest.
Beaches, parks, green spaces and beachwalks are open but most sports and concerts have been cancelled or postponed as performing venues remain closed this month.
This is a great time to enjoy the beaches, our outdoor spaces and any water-related activities. If you're heading out to the beach remember our turtles are nesting! Please pay special attention for any signs indicating turtle activity in the area.
If you have been putting off
that scuba certification, grab your mask and fins and get down here, our beautiful reefs are calling! The Florida Keys have reopened and dive and snorkel tours have resumed.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
- Miami Spa Month - July 1 to August 31, 2020
- Miami Spice - June 1 to September 30, 2020
- Chefs Up Front - Postponed
- National Rum Day Fest - August 16, 2020
- National Dog Day at the Lincoln Eatery - August 26, 2020
- Coconut Grove Food & Wine Festival - Postponed to November
The concert and entertainment scene in August 2020 features:
Please note that at this time all Concerts have been cancelled / postponed
- Hairspray - August 3 - 8, 2020 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Hella Mega Tour: Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Weezer & The Interrupters - August 5, 2020 at Hard Rock Stadium
- The Motowners - August 7, 2020 at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Fonseca & Andres Cepeda - August 8, 2020 at AmericanAirlines Arena
- XXV International Ballet Festival of Miami: Contemporary Performance - August 9, 2020 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Joe Rogan - August 13, 2020 at BB&T Center Sunrise
- Lolita Flores - August 14, 2020 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Roger Waters - August 15, 2020 at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Squeeze - August 16, 2020 at the Au Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- XXV International Ballet Festival of Miami: Closing Gala of the Stars - August 16, 2020 at Miami Dade County Auditorium
- John Legend - August 18, 2020 at BB&T Center Sunrise
- Tedeschi Trucks Band - August 18, 2020 at the Au Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- A Tribute To Chicago & All The Great Horn Bands From the 70's - August 29, 2020 at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
- Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
In the Sports Calendar:
- Miami Dolphins Football Pre-Season Schedule - Pre-season games will be held without fans
- Miami Marlins Baseball Schedule - The 2020 60-Game Regular Season began on July 23
- Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule - Season will resume on August 22
Things To Do This August, the following have reopened:
It's time to get out! Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Leaving from Sea Isle Marina: The Adrenaline Junkie Jet Boat Ride
- Leaving from South Beach: Splashdown: Duck Tour of Miami and South Beach
- Leaving from Bayside: Thriller: 45-Minute Sightseeing Speedboat Tour, and The Original Millionaire's Row Cruise
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Gator Park: Everglades National Park Airboat Tour and Wildlife Show
- Everglades Safari Park: $31.00 Discount tickets at Klook.com, from Miami incl. transport: Half-Day Everglades Airboat Ride & Wildlife Show
- Sawgrass Recreation Park: Private Tour for your group only, Night Tour (Wednesdays and Saturdays only)
- Everglades Area Tours: Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco-Tour meet at Everglades Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center Hwy 41/Hwy 29 Everglades City
- Here's more on Everglades Airboat Tours
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The Deering Estate is OPEN and hikes, kayak rentals and Biscayne Bay Cruises have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Specially for kids and families This August 2020:
- Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program - mid-July - September, 2020
- Summer Savings Pass 2020 - June 20, 2020 to October 31, 2020
- More Things To Do With Children!
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
- Wynwood Art Walk Block Party - August 8, 2020 and every second Saturday of the month
- Washington Avenue's WAVE Wine + Beer Taste - August 20, 2020 and every 3rd Thursday of the month
About our sea turtles and nesting on South Florida beaches
Sea turtle nesting season is here, if you are heading out to the beaches, please pay attention to nesting areas, they will be ropped off and clearly marked, avoid getting near these areas or trampling on the eggs!
Sea turtles nest mostly after dark, females emerge from the water in search for a spot to lay their eggs. They need their peace and quiet, give them a wide berth.
It is against the law to disturb turtles, nesting or otherwise, their eggs and their hatchlings!
You can learn more about sea turtles and how they nest.
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Miami-Dade Arena (formerly FTX Arena
June 28-29, 2023
Hard Rock Stadium
July 21 - 23, 2023
August 2020 Highlight Events in Miami
Miami Spa Month - July 1st to August 31, 2020
For two full months, Miami Spa Month features a world of indulgence and relaxation at some of our internationally renowned spas with incredible savings for everyone with packages starting at only $99.
So get ready to unwind...
Our unique and diverse treatments await.. mango body scrubs... organic fusion facials... the Miami Mojito Massagge... the Beach Beautiful Package... this is the month to experience it all!
Whether a full Spa Day or simply a calming and relaxing massage, a mani-pedi, a revitalizing facial... here are some fantastic deals and spa packages, some over 50% off!
Miami Spice - June 1st to September 30, 2020
Treat yourself! It's restaurant month in Miami!
During Miami Spice, the city's top eateries showcase their signature dishes and award winning chefs with incredible 3-course set lunch or dinner packages that make it easy and affordable for all to try the best of Miami's delectable cuisine.
Luxury Dining Set Prices: Lunch $25, Dinner $39
More info: Check this year's participating restaurants at Miami Spice Monthly Deals.
Chefs Up Front - Postponed
The Chefs Up Front fundraiser is an intimate dining experience where South Florida's most sought-after chefs prepare an elaborate table-side meal for guests. They'll showcase their masterful, culinary skills and offer expertly paired wine selections to complement each course. All of the evening's proceeds and silent auction assist FLIPANY with the necessary funds to support the Florida Cooking Matters™ programs.
FLIPANY is the lead Florida partner of Cooking Matters™, a program of Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry campaign. The program teaches parents how to shop for and cook healthy meals; families receive hands-on cooking courses, group grocery store tours, and other food-skills education to help them thrive on a low-income food budget.
How Much? TBA, last year $250 per person
More Info and Tickets: www.chefsupfront.org
National Rum Day Fest
Tickets for Miami Beach's premier rum festival include complimentary tastings and a night filled with live music, fun, games and rum.
Rum enthusiasts will have the chance to mix and mingle with the best mixologists and try local and global brands.
National Rum Day is awaiting an announcement how it will look for 2020 as it is being considered what the best route is for the festival and brand this year in the climate we are all facing. Stay tuned!
When? Sunday, August 16, 2020 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Where? The Confidante Miami Beach
How Much? TBA, last year General Admission $45, VIP passes $55
More Info and Tickets: www.nationalrumdayfest.com
National Dog Day at the Lincoln Eatery
The Lincoln Eatery celebrates National Dog Day with a yappy hour on the food hall exterior. Signature cocktails will be served by La Esquina de Tony, the Lincoln Eatery's new bar. Boho Pups, and Salty Pup Supply will have pop up shops open on the patio.
Necessary Purveyor, the farm-to-table sandwich shop at The Lincoln Eatery in Miami Beach, serves chicken jerky to all four legged friends who dine at the spacious food hall. In addition, XO Espresso Bar at The Lincoln Eatery will be serving free puppuccinos to all canines whose owners order a coffee on National Dog Day.
There are plenty of options great food as the Lincoln Eatery's collection culinary outposts will be open throughout the duration of the event, including: Cilantro 27, C-Food Shack, Le Petit Bistrot, The Market Milkshake Bar, Fresh Garden Bowls, Cubanitos, MED by Marble & Rye, TYO Sushi and Smoke'D.
The event will be held outside the Lincoln Eatery where masks and social distancing will be required. Please sign up on Eventbrite to attend as space is limited.
When? Wednesday, August 26, 2020 - 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where? The Lincoln Eatery at 723 Lincoln Lane North, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE but you must register!
More Info and Registration: National Dog Day at the Lincoln Eatery
Coconut Grove Food & Wine Festival - Postponed to November
Explore and sample Coconut Grove's Newest Restaurants, Famous Chefs, and Caterers while enjoying being on beautiful Biscayne Bay at Coconut Grove's biggest culinary event of the year! What's on? Delicious Restaurant samplings, Fine wine & spirits tastings, Rum Bars, Craft beer, Culinary Demos...
Lots of family entertainment including a Kid's Zone, Doggies Bark in the Park Contest, Waiters' Race, Miami Cuban Sandwich Smackdown Contest and a Holiday bazaar featuring many local exhibitors and vendors.
When? Postponed to November - 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm, after-party at 9:00 at Monty's
Where? Regatta Park at 2700 South Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove (next to City Hall)
How Much? TBA last year General Admission $25, children under 12 free with adult, individual sample dishes available for sale, prices $3+
VIP $75 includes unlimited sampling on-site from all participating restaurants, complimentary liquor, wine and non-alcohol drinks from all beverage tents, complimentary wine glass, and goodie bag.
More Info, tickets: www.coconutgrovefoodandwine.com/
Miami For Kids And Families This August 2020
Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program
This is a fantastic program conducted by Miami Dade Parks which aims to educate the public about the plight of the sea turtles.
Our beaches are one of the largest nesting grounds for sea turtles every year. Nesting and hatching season is from May through October, when the parks are actively engaged in protecting them.
Come and learn about their activities, the life of the turtles, the constant threats, and then come out to the beach and watch the hatchlings as they are released and quickly dash across the sand and into the ocean.
Here's more on the Endangered Sea Turtle and the Turtle Awareness Program.
When? Wednesdays (at Haulover Park) and Fridays (at Crandon Park) from mid-July to September - 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hatchling release to begin in mid-July.
Where? Crandon Park Visitors and Nature Center and Haulover Park
How Much? TBA, prior years $10 per participant
You MUST make reservations, which can be made starting July 1st. The sooner the better, they sell-out fast! Call 305-361-6767 ext. 121 or check their FB page for more info.
Summer Savings Pass 2023
This is a great savings pass for unlimited visits to
How Much? Adults $65.99, Children (3 - 12) $55.99, all summer long! (plus tax)
Pass is valid from May 17 through August 31, 2023 and can be purchased online through any of the above participating parks. If you are an annual pass member to any of them check for additional discounts you might be entitled for the Summer Savings Pass.
More info: www.summersavingspass.com
For Miami Sports Fans This August 2020
Miami Dolphins Schedule - August 2020 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? Pre-Season just starting! The 2020 Pre-Season will be held without fans
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Dolphins Tickets at Groupon from $8.
Miami Marlins Schedule - August 2020 Home Games and Baseball Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Marlins Park, 501 Marlins Way (NW 16th Avenue), Miami, Florida 33125
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $11 but you have to be quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Marlins Tickets at Groupon $15
Change of plans because of COVID-19: The 2020 60-Game Regular Season began on July 23. At this time, it is uncertain if fans will be allowed to attend games this season. With Major League Baseball's announcement of a modified season format, all Marlins tickets for all 2020 home games are now recognized by the Marlins as impacted.
Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule August 2020 Home Games
Inter Miami plans to launch its first two MLS seasons in Fort Lauderdale at Lockhart Stadium. The site has been transformed and by the time it is all done with an 18,000-capacity stadium, it will hold the team's permanent training complex plus over 30 acres of green space to include amenities such as youth soccer fields, a park and a community center.
Inter Miami CF is designing a festival open to all fans prior to each home match. Gates open 90 minutes before kickoff.
Change of plans because of COVID-19: Inter Miami CF will resume the season on August 22 vs. Orlando City. The return to play in home stadiums will feature comprehensive health and safety protocols, including regular testing of players, coaches and essential staff fo COVID-19. The Club has not made a determination on opening the stadium to fans for this phase of the schedule. If a determination is made for fans to return to Inter Miami CF Stadium safely in 2020, all home games will be available via single-game ticket purchases only.
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? $28 - $150 Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Saturday August 8, 2020 and every second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
WAVE Wine + Beer Taste on Washington Avenue
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District Presents a Live Music Series Featuring a Wine & Beer Taste!
15 wine, beer, and live music locations over a 1 mile stretch on Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
A diversity of live music everyone can enjoy! Grab a friend and come enjoy your favorite wines, beers, and try something new while sitting back with locals and tourists alike to take in all the live music. Must be 21+.
When? Thursday August 20, 2020 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and every 3rd Thursday of the month.
Where? Along Washington Avenue in South Beach
How Much? General Admission $12.24 (entitles you to 12 wine / beer tastes), VIP $20.73 (entitles you to 24 wine / beer tastes)
More Info and Tickets: WAVE Wine & Beer.
Send a Tip!Got something to share? Let us know!