Oleta River State Park is Open!!!
- Park hours are from 8:00 am until sundown. This park frequently reaches capacity, especially on weekends. If the park closes due to capacity issues, it will not reopen until the following day. Please consider this when planning your visit.
- The main concession building is open
- All of the Bike Trails are open except for the Dragon's Tail and Gilligan's Island bike trails.
- The Fishing Pier is closed
- Kayak, Canoe, SUP, pontoon boats and bike rentals are open. Recreation attendants will place rental equipment in the area for guests to pick up after signing rental agreements but no direct contact will be made. Rental equipment will be cleaned with either soap and water or EPA-approved disinfectant containing a minimum of 60% alcohol after each use
- Visitors are expected to maintain distances of at least six feet apart and limit group size to 10 or fewer people
- To reduce risk, cash transactions are limited to exact change.
This is probably the one place in Miami for off-road mountain biking, in the middle of the city it is hard to
believe that such a place even exists and this is one of the Oleta River Park's main attractions.
The several miles of paved
and off-road trails of differing degrees of difficulty, make it suitable for both novices and experienced
The trails weave along the mangrove preserve and the thick vegetation of the area, passing through lagoons and
Oleta's sandy beach.
There are three miles of paved trails which are suitable for rollerblading as well.
The off-road trails are well-marked and novices should pay attention to stay on the easier paths as the intermediate and advanced
trails might prove to be too challenging.
You will run into picnic areas along the way, so stop for a break and enjoy the relative solitude of some parts of the park.
Mountain Bike and Longboard Rentals
Oleta River Park's Main Outfitter: Mountain Bike Rentals are available here
You can either bring your own bike and helmet or get a rental from the park's gear outfitter, the Oleta River Outdoor Center located right
before the main parking lot. See Oleta Park Map here.
BMX rentals are $15 for one hour, $30 all day, Longboards $10 per hour and $20 all day, safety helmet included in rental
Check the Oleta River Outdoor Center website for prices and further information regarding bike and longboard rentals.
What to Bring
- Mosquito repellent
- Drinking water
- Bike and helmet or rent at the outdoor center. If renting, don't forget your id and credit card for deposit
Easy trails wind around and along the beach as well
Or head in the brush and the more challenging trails
Stop for a break and enjoy the beautiful views!
Oleta River State Park
Most Popular Everglades Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Our State and National Parks
Miami Events By Month