Orange Bowl 2017: Miami vs. Wisconsin
The Orange Bowl is one of the most prestigious bowl games played in America and one of the oldest which has been played since 1935.
Since 2014 with the inception of the College Football Playoff format, it has been part of the "New Year's Six" which also include the Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl and Peach Bowl.
The Orange Bowl is played at Hard Rock Stadium, located in Miami Gardens, a suburb of Miami about 20 minutes north outside the city and has a capacity of 65,000 seats.
The Orange Bowl has been sponsored by Capital One since 2014 and is known as the Capital One Orange Bowl.
Quick Links: 2018 Orange Bowl
When is the Orange Bowl Played?
The Orange Bowl and all New Year's 6 Bowls are played close to or on New Year's Day. Semifinal games are typically scheduled on Friday, Saturday or Monday.
The New Year's Six rotate the season's two semifinal games to determine which two teams advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship game. The rotation works on a 3-year cycle, meaning every three years the Orange Bowl gets to host one of the semifinal Championship games. In 2018, the Orange Bowl will host one of the Semifinal games.
Seating Charts and Finding Tickets for the Orange Bowl 2018
Try these recommended sources for finding tickets for the Orange Bowl to get great best available seats at great prices. Don't forget to apply any discounts and promotions running at the time of your purchase.
- TicketLiquidator: Use code NBATL25 to save $25 on NBA purchases of $200 or more through March 31, 2019
- TicketNetwork: Use code NCAATN to save $15 on NCAA Basketball orders of $125 or more. Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up.
Hard Rock Stadium Seating Chart for the Orange Bowl
Hard Rock Stadium: Getting There, Parking
Hard Rock Stadium is located about 20 minutes north of downtown Miami in a suburb called Miami Gardens.
Hard Rock Stadium
347 Don Shula Drive,
Miami Gardens, Florida 33056
If you are driving from South Beach or Miami Beach, it will take you anywhere between 30 - 45 minutes depending on the traffic, even though it is only an 18-mile ride, this is in the midst of the holiday season, traffic will be heavy on both ends, around South Beach, Downtown or Miami Beach, and as you approach the Stadium and parking areas. Allow at least an hour and a half so you can park and walk to the venue without rushing.
Parking at Hard Rock Stadium is plentiful. For the Orange Bowl, parking rates in the "interior sections" start at $50 + fees in the Orange Section and $80 + for the premium lots, you can buy in advance, on game day rates go up. The outside Yellow lots are Cash only on game day and can be also paid with SunPass Plus. Rates are TBA.
Here's more info on Hard Rock Stadium: Directions, Parking, Public Transportation Options, Uber/Lyft Taxis, and the Express Shuttle.
Orange Bowl Beach Bash
This is fantastic pre-warming party for all college football fans in the sands of South Beach with a FREE concert headlined by the Dave Matthews Band with special guest Walk The Moon
In addition to the concert, a variety of activities will be held throughout the afternoon including celebrations for the participating Orange Bowl teams, Oklahoma and Alabama, beach games, special appearances, exclusive event merchandise and more.
In the past, the Orange Bowl Beach Bash has closed with a fantastic fireworks display, this year it is TBA. Stay tuned!
2018 Orange Bowl Beach Bash
When? Friday, December 28, 2018 - 4:00 pm - Early entry for Capital One Cardholders 3:30 pm
Where? South Beach near Lummus Park on Ocean Drive between 8th and 10th Streets.
How Much? FREE
More Info 2018 Orange Bowl Beach Bash
Pre-Game Orange Bowl Fan Fest
The Pre-Game party you don't want to miss! There will be live performances, cheerleaders, marching bands, and tons of activities and vendors for the whole family to enjoy: Rock climbing wall, zip lines, free fall, bungee trampoline, face painting, inflatables, interactive games and more!
2018 Orange Bowl Fan Fest
When? Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Where? Hard Rock Stadium - North West Gate Parking Lot (See Map above)
How Much? FREE to all fans with admission ticket to the game
More Info 2018 Orange Bowl Fan Fest
Where to Stay for the Orange Bowl?
Hard Rock Stadium is not in a "hot" neighborhood by any means, it is located north of Downtown Miami in Miami Gardens but it is conveniently situated next to several major freeways which makes it easy to get there from just about anywhere in Miami and Broward County.
This is a very busy time of the year in Miami, you should make your bookings as soon as possible. There are many areas to choose from depending on what your plans are.
- If you are in just for the game and the main consideration is proximity and convenience to the Orange Bowl, then check out our top pick hotels close to Hard Rock Stadium
- Party fans will want to stay in South Beach, this is party central where you can work on your tan during the day and party all night. Also convenient to the Orange Bowl Beach Bash the day before the game.
- For a quieter beach stay, hotels in Miami Beach and Sunny Isles Beach are also convenient to Hard Rock Stadium, as well as hotels in Hollywood or Ft. Lauderdale Beach to the north.
- Will you be ringing in the New Year in Miami? Then consider some of our New Year Eve's hotel picks, from fireworks viewing, countdown parties, gala dinners, these are the places to celebrate in style.
- And finally, if your priorities are price, party and surf 'n sand, in that order, then consider some of our top picks for South Beach Hostels, yes, there are youth hostels in South Beach!
Miami Events By Month