President's Day is a public holiday celebrated every year on the 3rd Monday in February. The observed federal holiday is actually called George Washington's Birthday. Certain states, however, list the holiday as Presidents' Day.
The holiday celebrates and honors the life of George Washington, the first President of the United States, which records show his birthday to be on February 22. The holiday honors all past presidents as well.
This year it will be on Monday February 20, 2023.
Federal government offices are closed on President's Day. Businesses and stores remain open, specially stores as this is quite a big weekend for excellent sales.
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
President's Day weekend in Miami is a busy one with some fantastic outdoor annual events happening over the long weekend and a great chance to take advantage of our marvelous weather: the Miami Boat Show which has joined forces with the Miami Yacht Show and Superyacht Miami to put together the best of the best in boating, the Coconut Grove Arts Festival is another favorite and Art Wynwood in its fabulous waterfront location next to the Yacht Show.
For nature lovers, a visit to the Everglades is in order as this is one of the best times for wildlife viewing. Bird-watchers and photographers will be in their element.
President's Day Weekend Highlight Events
- Miami International Boat Show - February 15 - 19, 2023
- Coconut Grove Art Festival - February 18 - 20, 2023
- Art Wynwood - February 16 - 19, 2023
- Miami Concours 2023 at the Design District - February 19, 2023
President's Day Weekend Concerts and Entertainment
- Honeymoon In Vegas - February 4 - 19, 2023 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Beauty and the Beast - February 7 - 26, 2023 at the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Miami City Ballet: Diversion of Angels - February 10 - March 5, 2023 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Chicago - The Musical - February 14 - 19, 2023 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Wicked - February 15 - March 5, 2023 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- George Wallace & J. Anthony Brown - February 17 - 19, 2023 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Syncopated Ladies - February 17, 2023 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- A Tribute To Louis Armstrong - February 17, 2023 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Dancing With The Stars - February 17, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Gilberto Santa Rosa - February 18, 2023 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Jay Wheeler - February 18, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Antoni Porowski - February 19, 2023 at the Abdo New River Room at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Julie James - February 19, 2023 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Morat - February 19 & 23, 2023 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Roger Daltrey - February 20, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- NHL: Florida Panthers vs. Anaheim Ducks - February 20, 2023 at FLA Live Arena, Sunrise
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
- Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
President's Day Weekend More Things To Do
- Our Everglades are teeming with wildlife, Take an Airboat Ride!
- Get out on the Water! A cruise on the Bay...
- Get Out of Town! Bahamas, Key West, Disneyworld, Space Coast...
- Snorkeling the reefs, scuba, segways, flyboarding... Here's more Things To Do In Miami
- More outdoor fun stuff to do, activities, tours, attractions that are OPEN
- Staycation time! Check out these last minute flash deals on top Miami and South Beach Hotels
It's not too late to book your hotel stay, but great deals specially on the beach go fast, book as early as you can!
President's Day 2023 Highlight Events in Miami
Miami International Boat Show
The latest and greatest in Boating, Fishing, Sailing, Diving...
Cruising Boats, Racing Boats, Sailing Boats, Catamarans, Power Boats, Mega Yachts... some serious boat eye candy all in lovely South Florida weather, definitely a "do not miss" event specially for boating enthusiasts.
The Miami International Boat Show and the Miami Yacht Show have joined forces to create the Discover Boating Miami International Boat Show, the largest boat and yacht event in the world.
When? February 15 - 19, 2023
Where? On-land portion of the show at the Miami Beach Convention Center and Pride Park, the in-water components of the show will take place at Sea Isle Marina, One Herald Plaza, Museum Park Marina, and IGY Yacht Haven Grande at Island Gardens.
How Much?: Adults $42, Children 6 - 15 $16, 2-day ticket $72. Active military, veterans, and First Responders free on Sunday with valid picture ID.
Super Yacht Miami $130
Wynward VIP $325
Here's more on the Miami Boat Show.
The Coconut Grove Arts Festival
The Coconut Grove Art Festival is legendary, a weekend filled with live music, exquisite food, fun outdoor entertainment, and art, art, art...
When? February 18 - 20, 2023
Where? Streets of Coconut Grove. The Festival runs along McFarlane Road, South Bayshore Drive and Pan American Drive.
How Much?: $20 (early bird) $25 at the door
Here's more on the Coconut Grove Art Festival.
Art Wynwood is back on President's Day weekend and continues to showcase a dynamic array of works completely reflective of the original Wynwood District cutting edge and dynamic environment.
Emerging talent from the contemporary art scene as well as blue chip modern masters will be featured.
When? February 16 - 19, 2023
Where? Art Wynwood Pavillion on Biscayne Bay at One Herald Plaza @ NE 14th Street in Downtown Miami on Biscayne Bay between the Venetian and MacArthur Causeways. Convenient with the Metromover, use the Arsht Center stop which is only a block away.
How Much?: TBA, prior years: One day fair pass $35, Multi-day $60, Students 12-18 $20, Seniors $20
More Info: www.artwynwood.com.
Miami Concours 2023 at the Design District
Honoring the 60th Anniversary of Lamborghini, the event kicks off on Friday, February 17th, and culminates on Sunday, February 19th showcasing an extraordinary line-up of rare and vintage vehicles displayed on striking red carpets throughout the architecturally significant streets of the Design District.
Miami Concours will present some of the most coveted exotic post-war automobiles and iconic models from the world's most recognizable luxury motoring brands such as Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Pagani, Maserati, Jaguar, Ford, BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce, Porsche, and Mercedes-Benz. Moreover, this year's platform will also present an unparalleled display of legendary Hypercars and Supercars.
When? February 19, 2023 - 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Where? Miami Design District - Neighborhood Wide - 4000 NE 1st Avenue, Miami FL 33137
How Much?: FREE
More Info: Miami Concours 2023.
President's Day Weekend 2023 Concerts, Sports, Entertainment in Miami
Beauty and The Beast
The "Tale As Old As Time" is reimagined in Area Stage Company's immersive production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast!
Area Stage Company is excited to invite you and your family into the enchanted world of Broadway classic Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Every year a whole new generation discovers the magic behind the castle walls, and now you can be our guest at the Arsht Center for an immersive theatrical experience!
When?: February 7 - 26, 2023
Where?: Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center
Chicago - The Musical
CHICAGO is back in town and is still the one musical with everything that makes Broadway shimmy-shake: a universal tale of fame, fortune, and all that jazz, with one show stopping song after another and the most astonishing dancing you've ever seen.
Set amidst the razzle-dazzle decadence of the 1920s, CHICAGO is the story of Roxie Hart, a housewife and nightclub dancer who maliciously murders her on-the-side lover...
When?: February 14 - 19, 2023
Where?: Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
The Broadway sensation WICKED looks at what happened in the Land of Oz... but from a different angle. Long before Dorothy arrives, there is another young woman, born with emerald-green skin, who is smart, fiery, misunderstood, and possessing an extraordinary talent. When she meets a bubbly blonde who is exceptionally popular, their initial rivalry turns into the unlikeliest of friendships... until the world decides to call one "good," and the other one "wicked."
When?: February 15 - March 5, 2023
Where?: Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
Fun Things To Do This President's Day Weekend
Take An Airboat Ride Through The Everglades
Zipping around these noisy vehicles through the vast wilderness of the Everglades is a fun adventure for everyone and a great way to explore and enjoy the wildlife that this area is loved for and this is the perfect time of the year, our "dry" season when animals concentrate in the wetlands in great numbers and are easier to spot.
Alligators, turtles, all sorts of wading birds... and wonderful panoramic views of the marshes and hammocks at our beautiful "River of Grass".
A Cruise On The Bay...
This President's Day Weekend, enjoy a fantastic outing in the sun, enjoying the breeze and beautiful waters of Biscayne Bay and our magical skyline. Yes, this is Miami in February! And specially with the Boat Show going on, a cruise on the bay is the perfect way to take it all in.
There are many options for cruises, check our Biscayne Bay Cruise options page.
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Get Out Of Town...
This IS a long weekend! Why not spend some time exploring our surroundings? The Florida Keys are at our doorstep and you can be there within an hour from Miami. Get out your snorkel or dive gear and head south! John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo is a fantastic destination for all sorts of water sports and outdoor activities, snorkeling, diving, kayaking... And of course, Key West, as far south as you can go, famous for wonderful sunsets, its street art scene, shops, outdoor cafes, restaurants and historic sites has also much to offer.
Popular Day Trips From Miami...
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
More Activities, Tours, Attractions
It's time to get out! Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Leaving from Sea Isle Marina: The Adrenaline Junkie Jet Boat Ride
- Leaving from South Beach: Splashdown: Duck Tour of Miami and South Beach
- Leaving from Bayside: Thriller: 45-Minute Sightseeing Speedboat Tour, and The Original Millionaire's Row Cruise
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Gator Park: Everglades National Park Airboat Tour and Wildlife Show
- Everglades Safari Park: $31.00 Discount tickets at Klook.com, from Miami incl. transport: Half-Day Everglades Airboat Ride & Wildlife Show
- Sawgrass Recreation Park: Private Tour for your group only, Night Tour (Wednesdays and Saturdays only)
- Everglades Area Tours: Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco-Tour meet at Everglades Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center Hwy 41/Hwy 29 Everglades City
- Here's more on Everglades Airboat Tours
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The Deering Estate is OPEN and hikes, kayak rentals and Biscayne Bay Cruises have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Send a Tip!Got something to share? Let us know!