President's Day is a public holiday celebrated every year on the 3rd Monday in February. The observed federal holiday is actually called George Washington's Birthday. Certain states, however, list the holiday as Presidents' Day.
The holiday celebrates and honors the life of George Washington, the first President of the United States, which records show his birthday to be on February 22. The holiday honors all past presidents as well.
This year it will be on Monday February 15, 2021.
Federal government offices are closed on President's Day. Businesses and stores remain open, specially stores as this is quite a big weekend for excellent sales.
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
Please donate to support those impacted by the tragic building collapse. supportsurfside.org.
Latest on Coronavirus:
Events may be cancelled / postponed / rescheduled due to the current Coronavirus health precautions. Please check with event organizers for updates.
The long weekend that normally packs some of Miami's high caliber annual events, the Miami International Boat Show, the Coconut Grove Arts Festival and Art Wynwood will certainly be different this year as all large scale events have been cancelled due to Covid precautions. However, there is plenty of outdoor things to do and enjoy over the long weekend to take advantage of the gorgeous weather.
For nature lovers, a visit to the Everglades is in order as this is one of the best times for wildlife viewing. Bird-watchers and photographers will be in their element.
President's Day Weekend Concerts, Sports and Entertainment
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
President's Day Weekend Things To Do
- Our Everglades are teeming with wildlife, Take an Airboat Ride!
- Get out on the Water! A cruise on the Bay...
- Get Out of Town! Bahamas, Key West, Disneyworld, Space Coast...
- Snorkeling the reefs, scuba, segways, flyboarding... Here's more Things To Do In Miami
- More outdoor fun stuff to do, activities, tours, attractions that are OPEN
- Staycation time! Check out these last minute flash deals on top Miami, South Beach, Coconut Grove Hotels
It's not too late to book your hotel stay, but great deals specially on the beach go fast, book as early as you can!
Fun Things To Do This President's Day Weekend
Take An Airboat Ride Through The Everglades
Zipping around these noisy vehicles through the vast wilderness of the Everglades is a fun adventure for everyone and
a great way to explore and enjoy the wildlife that this area is loved for and this is the perfect time of the year, our "dry" season when animals concentrate in the wetlands in great numbers and are easier to spot.
Alligators, turtles, all sorts of wading birds... and wonderful panoramic views of the marshes and hammocks at our beautiful "River of Grass".
A Cruise On The Bay...
This President's Day Weekend, enjoy a fantastic outing in the sun, enjoying the breeze and beautiful waters of Biscayne Bay and our magical skyline. Yes, this is Miami in February! And specially with the Boat Show going on, a cruise on the bay is the perfect way to take it all in.
There are many options for cruises, check our Biscayne Bay Cruise options page.
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Get Out Of Town...
This IS a three-day weekend! Why not spend some time exploring our surroundings? The Florida Keys are at our doorstep and you can be there within an hour from Miami. Get out your snorkel or dive gear and head south! John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo is a fantastic destination for all sorts of water sports and outdoor activities, snorkeling, diving, kayaking... And of course, Key West, as far south as you can go, famous for wonderful sunsets, its street art scene, shops, outdoor cafes, restaurants and historic sites has also much to offer.
And the Bahamas are equally accesible, check out this Helicopter Day Trip to the Bahamas.
Activities, Tours, Attractions that are OPEN
It's time to get out! Here's a list of things to do while maintaining social distancing measures. They have reopened and can be booked now. Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! Except for Shark Valley which remains closed for visitor safety as a result of high water levels after both hurricane Eta and Iota.
- The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Miami Events By Month