The Everglades Welcome You Back!!!
As marinas, parks and green spaces reopen in our city, the Everglades are a fantastic place to come and get some fresh air while practicing safe social distancing guidelines.
Here's what's happening at the park:
- All areas of Everglades National Park are now OPEN. Park waters remain open for access from outside the park.
- You are encouraged to pre-pay for your Entrance fee online, you can get a digital pass here.
- Visitor Centers at Ernest C. Coe and Shark Valley have reopened.
- Campsites are open. Self-registration permits are available outside of the Flamingo and Gulf Coast Visitor Centers.
- Several tours and concession services have resumed with enhanced health and safety measures:
For more info check out Everglades National Park: Alerts and Conditions
Mrazek Pond on the road to Flamingo is the Everglades Shorebird "Grand Central Station". This small waterhole attracts an incredible
amount of birdlife during the winter months dry season: egrets, herons, ibis, storks, spoonbills, white pelicans...
Anhingas perched on the trees drying their wings, egrets fishing...
Cormorants, coots, ducks...
This is a great little stop where you can spend a few minutes or a few hours, bring a folding chair and enjoy...
Like all things in nature though, it might be our luck that the pond is dry and virtually empty of any action, or that all the birds have
gone to Eco Pond, just literally around the corner.
At any rate, if you are headed towards Flamingo, you will pass it, so just pop in to have a look and
see if there is anything going on. If you see any cars parked
by the side of the road, birdwatchers with binoculars and tripods, then that's your cue!
There are no parking facilities at Mrazek Pond. You have to park by the side of the road so be careful with the traffic when pulling in and out.
The Florida Everglades
Most Popular Everglades Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Our State and National Parks
Miami Events By Month