On its 20th year, this epic affair of glorious food, famous chefs, flowing champagne, or wine... or beer... will be
attracting its share of foodies to one of the most spectacular places to be this time of the year, gorgeous South Beach.
This year's events may understandably feel a litle bit different, but rest assured, the team is working tirelessly and with the help of FIU's top epidemiologists and infectious disease scientists, they have adapted many new health and safety protocols to ensure the wellbeing of all attendees.
The festival consists of a large number of events, some private, some open to the trade only, and many many more open to the public for all of our enjoyment.
What kind of events? This is an entire weekend of star-studded culinary events with the food world's top-notch celebrities. Brunches, Cocktail Parties, Seminars, Dinners, Burger Bashes, Wine Tastings, VIP galas... you name it, and of course the Grand Tasting Village set up beachside in tents along 13th Street and Ocean Drive.
The fantastic venues vary from year to year and this is great chance to visit the most popular beachside, rooftop, and poolside settings in the city's iconic properties. Some of the regulars coming back year after year: the Delano, the Fountainbleau,
the Ritz Carlton, the Biltmore... Now that CRAVE Greater Ft. Lauderdale has joined in the effort, there is even more to choose from the expanded roster of high-caliber events.
New this year is a series of fantastic virtual events for all of us to enjoy from the comfort of our own homes, so check out the many FREE online culinary demos available including live demonstrations from the Grand Tasting Village itself!
In addition, there are special live performances throughout the festival. Announced for this year is of course SOBEWFF's 20th Anniversary Celebration, which will be held on the first day of the Festival, Thursday May 20 at the Fontainebleau and features a surprise musical performance by a GRAMMY Award-winning musical artist. The event will be hosted by Martha Stewart.
Tickets are required for all events, and there is a great variety to choose from but they sell out fast! This is just a tiny sample of the regulars:
- Italian Bites on the Beach - Beachside at the Delano, hosted by Giada De Laurentiis - Thursday May 20, 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. - $175
- Heineken Light Burger Bash Beachside at the Ritz-Carlton, hosted by Bobby Flay - Friday May 21, two sessions 5:30-7:30 pm and 9:00-11:00 pm - $250
- Wine Spectator's Best of the Best Poolside at the Fontainebleau - Friday May 21, 7:30 pm, Saturday May 22, 8:00 pm - $350
- Fun and Fit As A Family in Hallandale Beach - Sat and Sunday May 22 - 23, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm - $35 adult, $20 child
- Buddhas and Bellinis at Soundscape Park - Sat and Sunday May 22 - 23, 10:00 am to 11:30 am - FREE RSVP
- Goya Foods Grand Tasting Village Tents on the beach at Ocean Drive and 10th Street - Sat and Sunday May 22 - 23, 2 sessions 11:00am to 2:00 pm, and 3:30 pm to 6:30 pm - $200
- Bacardi Best of the Fest hosted by Andrew Zimmern - Beachside at the Ritz Carlton - Sunday May 23, 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm - $125
- Swine & Wine at the Biltmore hosted by Robert Irvine and Fernando Desa - Sunday February 23, 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm - $175
There are dozens of NEW events every year, here are some this year's additions:
- Sunset Happy Hour with Guy Fieri and Sammy Hagar at The Deck at Island Gardens - Friday May 21, 5:00 pm to 7:00pm - $150
- Rockin' Sushi Poolside at the Ritz Carlton - Saturday May 22, 10:00 pm to midnight - $150
Check out www.sobefest.com for full event schedule and available tickets, and below for discount offers for many of the events.
Grab one of these great offers for select events, while they last! - 2021 Deals TBA
Tips For Visiting the South Beach Food and Wine Fest
- Dress: Keep in mind that many of the events are outdoors, whether poolside or at the beach, so dress accordingly, high heels don't do well in the sand...
- Parking: Parking in South Beach is challenging on any given day, with the festival, even more so. Allow plenty of time before your scheduled event.
More on Parking in South Beach
- Tickets: Book your tickets as early as possible, some popular events sell out within the first 48 hours after going on sale.
And don't forget to check for any available offers, sometimes for up to 50% off. See above.
South Beach and Art Deco
Miami Events By Month