Oleta River State Park is Open!!!
- Park hours are from 8:00 am until sundown
- The main concession building is open
- All of the Bike Trails except Area 51, French Connection and Gilligan's Island are open.
- Pavillions are closed
- The Fishing Pier is closed
- Kayak, Canoe, SUP, pontoon boats and bike rentals are open. Recreation attendants will place rental equipment in the area for guests to pick up after signing rental agreements but no direct contact will be made. Rental equipment will be cleaned with either soap and water or EPA-approved disinfectant containing a minimum of 60% alcohol after each use
- Visitors are expected to maintain distances of at least six feet apart and limit group size to 10 or fewer people
- To reduce risk, cash transactions are limited to exact change.
Our Beaches Welcome You Back!
Parks, green spaces, beaches, beachwalks and baywalks have reopened in our city! Beaches are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Please adhere to the rules to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Facial coverings are now mandatory indoors and outdoors until further notice
- The countywide curfew has been modified to be from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am every day until further notice.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be kept (except from members of same household)
- All beachgoers must have facial covering available and ready to use at all times; beachgoers must be able to show their mask upon request by local authority
- Face covering not required for children under 2, persons that have difficulty breathing and persons involved in strenous physical activity or while in the ocean
- Public gatherings of 10 or more people are prohibited
- No floats
- No canopies or tents
- Allowed Activities: sunning, walking, jogging, swimming, surfing, paddle-boarding, kayaking. Be particularly cautious in swimming, surfing and other water-based activities associated with rescue and resuscitation
- Activities NOT Allowed: no organized group activities like volleyball, football, soccer, frisbee, paddleball, use of exercise equipment and playgrounds, dogs or pets on the beach, no fishing except in designated areas
For more info check out the City of Miami Beach Coronavirus Reopening Guidelines.
There is a beautiful sandy beach at the southern end of the Oleta River State Park which is quite protected
and is perfect for little kids as there are no waves.
However, please note that there
is no lifeguard here, so pay close attention if visiting with children.
From the plentiful parking lot to the beach area it's a five-minute walk, and once there, you will find plenty of picnic tables and barbeque
grills in the area, pavillions for larger groups, as well as showers, toilets and changing facilities.
Many Picnic and bar-b-que areas throughout the park
Outside Showers for rinsing salt and sand
Pavillions for larger groups available for rental
Several changing Rooms andtoilet facilities throughout
This is a small beach and a very laid-back one. For those wanting the long stretches of endless sand or a bit more of the action,
some of the most popular Miami beaches are literally minutes away on the other side of the Causeway bridge.
Do note that during holidays, this otherwise lazy and quiet beach becomes a whirlwind of activity (and noise)
as this is a popular location for day camp groups and the added tourist crowd.
We have also on one occasion been able to try Flyboarding at Oleta beach.
Here's how to arrange for Flyboarding at Oleta
There is much more to this park than just the beach, check out the many other activities the Oleta River offers for the outdoor enthusiast.
There are miles of
off-road bike trails, lots of mangrove creeks to explore by kayak or canoe and even cabins for camping.
Only a few minutes from downtown Miami, Oleta River Park is literally a breath of fresh air from the hustle and bustle of the city. Getting there is
easy, parking is convenient, and the small entrance fee is certainly worth it.
Oleta River State Park
A Day At The Beach... Top Picks For...
Most Popular Everglades Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Our State and National Parks
Miami Events By Month