Labor Day is a public holiday celebrated every year on the first Monday in September dedicated to all workers in the country and their contributions to society. This year it falls on September 4, 2023.
Labor Day is different from most public holidays in that it is not imbued with traditions and customs and is for most merely a wonderful extra day off offering a welcomed long weekend to sort of bid farewell to the scorching days of summer. In fact this holiday marks the "unofficial" end of the summer vacation season.
So take advantage of the long weekend doing as much or as little as your heart desires. Whether relaxing by the beach, exploring the city's outdoor spaces and parks, enjoying a cruise on the bay, catching a game or two or getting out of town, there's always something for everyone with much going on throughout the city.
For nature lovers, our turtles are just ending their nesting season so don't miss the last chances for the nesting, hatchling and release programs.
Here's what's happening this Labor Day in Miami,
get outdoors and enjoy!
Labor Day Weekend Concerts, Sports and Entertainment
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Labor Day Weekend Things To Do
- Savor! Treat Yourself with a fantastic Miami Spice deal
- Magical Candlelight Concerts in Miami: Tribute to Queen, Ed Sheeran, From Bach to the Beatles, Classic Rock On Strings, Tchaikovsky and many more
- Get out on the Water! A cruise on the Bay...
- Outdoor Attractions and Activities
- More Labor Day Weekend Parties, Cruises, Events...
- Get Out of Town! Bahamas, Key West, Disneyworld, Space Coast...
- Get Pampered! Beauty and Spa Deals
- Staycation time! Check out these last minute flash deals on top Miami, South Beach Hotels
Labor Day Weekend for Kids and Families
Labor Day Weekend Miami Things To Do
Miami Spice - August 1st to September 30, 2023
Treat yourself! It's restaurant month in Miami!
During Miami Spice, the city's top eateries showcase
their signature dishes and award winning chefs with incredible 3-course set lunch or dinner packages that
make it easy and affordable for all to try the best of Miami's delectable cuisine.
Luxury Dining Set Prices: Lunch $28, Dinner $42
More info: Check this year's participating restaurants at Miami Spice Monthly Deals.
Magical Candlelight Concerts in Miami
This concert series known simply as "Candlelight" which have had tremendous success around the world has arrived in Miami! Listening to classical or jazz or contemporary music in an intimate and atmospheric setting of a candlelit concert is a delightful and magical experience.
These enchanting concerts feature a wide variety of genres, from Vivaldi and Tchaikovsky, operas and Broadway, to Frank Sinatra, Taylor Swift, Adele, Fleetwood Mac, ABBA... all played by talented musicians at a variety of gorgeous and unique indoor and outdoor venues including Hotel Colonnade, Jungle Island, the Coral Gables Congregational Church...
More info and tickets: Candlelight Concerts in Miami
A Cruise On The Bay...
This Labor Day Weekend, enjoy a fantastic outing in the sun, enjoying the breeze and beautiful waters of Biscayne Bay and our magical skyline.
There are many options for cruises and on special holidays, many charters will be hosting special
deals and programs like buffets, brunches, barbeques, etc.
For the different types of cruises, check our Biscayne Bay Cruise options page.
Outdoor Attractions, Tours, Activities and Things to Do This Labor Day Weekend
It's time to get out! You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Enjoy a Biscayne Bay Cruise:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours:
- Segway Tours are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running daily
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
Get Out Of Town...
This IS a three-day weekend! Why not spend some time exploring our surroundings? The Florida Keys are at our doorstep and you can be there within an hour from Miami. Get out your snorkel or dive gear and head south! John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo is a fantastic destination for all sorts of water sports and outdoor activities, snorkeling, diving, kayaking... And of course, Key West, as far south as you can go, famous for wonderful sunsets, its street art scene, shops, outdoor cafes, restaurants and historic sites has also much to offer.
Heading north, you can stop at the Kennedy Space Center or spend a couple of days at the theme parks in Orlando.
And the Bahamas are equally accesible, there are regularly scheduled ferries to bring you to the Islands.
Don't have a car? Check out these hassle-free offers that take care of your transport and sightseeing:
Popular Day Trips From Miami...
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
Miami Labor Day Weekend With Kids
Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program
This is a fantastic program conducted by Miami Dade Parks which aims to educate the public about the plight of the sea turtles.
Our beaches are one of the largest nesting grounds for sea turtles every year. Nesting and hatching season is from May through October, when
the parks are actively engaged in protecting them.
Come and learn about their activities, the life of the turtles, the constant threats, and then come out to the beach and
watch the hatchlings as they are released and quickly dash across the sand and into the ocean.
Here's more on the Endangered Sea Turtle and the Turtle Awareness Program.
When? Wednesdays (at Haulover Park) and Fridays (at Crandon Park) from mid-July to September - 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hatchling release to begin in mid-July.
Where? Crandon Park Visitors and Nature Center and Haulover Park
How Much? TBA, prior years $10 per participant
You MUST make reservations, which can be made starting July 1st. The sooner the better, they sell-out fast! Call 305-361-6767 ext. 121 or check their FB page for more info.
Labor Day Weekend at Flamingo Gardens
What?: This is the closing weekend of the award-winning Sean Kenney's Nature POP®! exhibit, featuring 44 sculptures made from more than 800,000 LEGO® bricks. Consider the interconnectedness of nature as you explore its beauty through highly stylized, colorful displays that stand in striking contrast with their surroundings.
When?: September 2 - 4, 2023
Where?: Flamingo Gardens at 3750 S. Flamingo Rd, Davie, FL 33330
How Much?: General Admission $21.95 per person, children (3-11) $15.95
More info: Harvest Festival at Flamingo Gardens
Labor Day Weekend at Pinto's Farm
Plenty of entertainment for the whole family! Pedal boat ride, tractor ride, race karts, pony rides, playground, bounce pad, walk-through around the farm to meet the animals and petting zoo
When?: Saturday and Sunday September 2 - 3, 2023
Where?: Pinto's Farm at Redland Citrus Orchards: 14890 SW 216 Street, Miami, FL 33170 across the street from Monkey Jungle
How Much?: $21.49 all ages, under 2 FREE
More info: Labor Day at the Farm
Miami Labor Day Weekend Parties, Cruises, Events...
Beach bashes, cocktail parties, yacht soirees, booze cruises and the classic All-White Party... take your pick and get ready to bid farewell to summer! List will be updated as events are announced, stay tuned!
- All White Yacht Party aboard the South Beach Lady - Saturday, September 2, 2023 - $60+, 21+ with valid ID Departs 10:30 pm from 1318 N. Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019
- All White Yacht Party aboard the Seafair Megayacht - Saturday, September 2, 2023 - $200+, 21+ with valid ID 4 hour premium open bar, Departs 3:00 pm from Chopin Plaza, Miami
- Labor Day Weekend Epic Summer Pool Party at the Kimpton Epic Hotel - Saturday, September 2, 2023 - $15+
- Labor Day Weekend Party at Exchange Miami - Saturday, September 2, 2023 - $0 - $80, 1532 Washington Avenue Miami Beach
- Labor Day Weekend Bash at ONE Miami - Saturday, September 2, 2023 - $0 - $10, 333 NE 79TH Street Miami, FL
- Labor Day Rooftop Family-Friendly Pool Party at the Marriott Fort Lauderdale Airport - Saturday, September 2, 2023 - $20 - $35
- Labor Day All White Yacht Party Orange Blossom Classic aboard South Beach Lady - Sunday, September 3, 2023 - $200+, Departs 8:00 pm from 1318 North Ocean Drive Hollywood, FL 33019
- Labor Day Weekend Pool Party at The Clevelander - Sunday, September 3, 2023 - $0 - $20
Miami Events By Month