Labor Day is a public holiday celebrated every year on the first Monday in September dedicated to all workers in the country and their contributions to society. This year it falls on September 6, 2021.
Labor Day is different from most public holidays in that it is not imbued with traditions and customs and is for most merely a wonderful extra day off offering a welcomed three-day weekend to sort of bid farewell to the scorching days of summer. In fact this holiday marks the "unofficial" end of the summer vacation season.
With most Covid restrictions having been lifted, attractions have reopened and concerts and sports have resumed. So take advantage of the long weekend doing as much or as little as your heart desires. Whether relaxing by the beach, exploring the city's outdoor spaces and parks, enjoying a cruise on the bay, catching a game or two or getting out of town, there's always something for everyone with much going on throughout the city.
For nature lovers, our turtles are just ending their nesting season so don't miss the last chances for the nesting, hatchling and release programs.
Here's what's happening this Labor Day in Miami as well as the attractions, tours and activities that have reopened so get outdoors and enjoy!
Labor Day Weekend Concerts, Sports and Entertainment
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Labor Day Weekend Things To Do
Labor Day Weekend for Kids and Families
Labor Day Weekend Parties, Cruises, Events...
Labor Day Weekend Things To Do
Labor Day Weekend Miami Things To Do
Miami Spice - August 1st to September 30, 2021
Treat yourself! It's restaurant month in Miami!
During Miami Spice, the city's top eateries showcase
their signature dishes and award winning chefs with incredible 3-course set lunch or dinner packages that
make it easy and affordable for all to try the best of Miami's delectable cuisine.
Luxury Dining Set Prices: Lunch $28, Dinner $42
More info: Check this year's participating restaurants at Miami Spice Monthly Deals.
A Cruise On The Bay...
This Labor Day Weekend, enjoy a fantastic outing in the sun, enjoying the breeze and beautiful waters of Biscayne Bay and our magical skyline.
There are many options for cruises and on special holidays, many charters will be hosting special
deals and programs like buffets, brunches, barbeques, etc.
For the different types of cruises, check our Biscayne Bay Cruise options page.
Private Sailing Charter For Up To Six
Your Own Private Sail Boat For A Fantastic Tour On Biscayne Bay
See the sites of Miami while relaxing aboard a private sailboat. Cruise on the Biscayne Bay and take in the views of the Miami skyline, Brickell, and Key Biscayne. Pass by lavish mansions, historical landmarks, and the Cape Florida Lighthouse. Choose from several departure times throughout the day, including an evening sail for sunset views.
Refreshments and non-alcoholic beverages are included.
How Much? from $425 (per group up to 4 people) for a 2-hour private sailing trip on the bay
When? Several departures throughout the day
Where? Cruises depart from Dinner Key Marina at 3400 Pan American Dr, Miami, FL 33133, USA
›› More Info and Booking Private Sailing Trip in Miami.
Outdoor Attractions, Tours, Activities and Things to Do This Labor Day Weekend
It's time to get out! Here's a list of things to do while maintaining social distancing measures. They have reopened and can be booked now. Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Get Out Of Town...
This IS a three-day weekend! Why not spend some time exploring our surroundings? The Florida Keys are at our doorstep and you can be there within an hour from Miami. Get out your snorkel or dive gear and head south! John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo is a fantastic destination for all sorts of water sports and outdoor activities, snorkeling, diving, kayaking... And of course, Key West, as far south as you can go, famous for wonderful sunsets, its street art scene, shops, outdoor cafes, restaurants and historic sites has also much to offer.
Heading north, you can stop at the Kennedy Space Center or spend a couple of days at the theme parks in Orlando.
And the Bahamas are equally accesible, there are regularly scheduled ferries to bring you to the Islands.
Don't have a car? Check out these hassle-free offers that take care of your transport and sightseeing:
Popular Day Trips From Miami...
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
Miami Labor Day Weekend With Kids
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program
This is a fantastic program conducted by Miami Dade Parks which aims to educate the public about the plight of the sea turtles.
Our beaches are one of the largest nesting grounds for sea turtles every year. Nesting and hatching season is from May through October, when
the parks are actively engaged in protecting them.
Come and learn about their activities, the life of the turtles, the constant threats, and then come out to the beach and
watch the hatchlings as they are released and quickly dash across the sand and into the ocean.
Here's more on the Endangered Sea Turtle and the Turtle Awareness Program.
When? Wednesdays (at Haulover Park) and Fridays (at Crandon Park) from mid-July to September - 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hatchling release to begin in mid-July.
Where? Crandon Park Visitors and Nature Center and Haulover Park
How Much? TBA, prior years $10 per participant
You MUST make reservations, which can be made starting July 1st. The sooner the better, they sell-out fast! Call 305-361-6767 ext. 121 or check their FB page for more info.
Summer Savings Pass 2021
This is a great savings pass for unlimited visits to
How Much? Adults $59.99, Children (3 - 12) $49.99, all summer long! (plus tax)
Pass is valid from May 10 through August 31, 2021 and can be purchased online through any of the above participating parks. If you are an annual pass member to any of them check for any additional discounts you might be entitled for the Summer Savings Pass.
More info: www.summersavingspass.com
Miami Labor Day Weekend Parties, Cruises, Events...
Beach bashes, cocktail parties, yacht soirees, booze cruises and the classic All-White Party... take your pick and get ready to bid farewell to summer!
- Labor Day Weekend Miami Classic All White Party at Pearl @ Nikki Beach MIAMI - Friday September 3, 2021 - $40+, 9:00 pm at 1 Ocean Drive Miami Beach
- All White Yacht Party aboard the South Beach Lady - Saturday, September 4, 2021 - $75+, 21+ with valid ID Departs 8:30 pm from 1318 N. Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019
- Labor Day Weekend All White Yacht Party - Saturday September 4, 2021 - $99+, Departs 9:00 pm from Sea Isle Marina & Yachting Center at 1635 North Bayshore Drive, Miami
- "Living My Best Life" Miami Labor Day Weekend All White Boat Party 2021 - Saturday, September 4, 2021 - $50+, 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm from 1318 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL
- Labor Day Weekend The LUAU at Virginia Beach Park - Saturday, September 4, 2021 - $30+, noon to 10:00 pm at 4020 Virginia Beach Drive, Miami, FL 33149
- Labor Day Splashdown at the Sandbar Yacht Party at Eden Roc Miami Beach - Saturday, September 4, 2021 - $75, 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm at 4525 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140
Miami Events By Month