Mark your calendars! The 15th Annual Deering Seafood Festival on the Bay will take place on Sunday, March 31, 2019 from 10 AM to 6 PM
at the Deering Estate.
A celebration renown for delicious catches from the sea, celebrity chefs and fun-filled adventures for the kids, the Festival
features Florida's freshest fish and seafood, with area restaurants and caterers providing sumptuous delights.
This event is fun for the whole family, so bring them on down and everyone can enjoy delicious Florida seafood,
chef demonstrations and entertainment for the adults and for the kids!
Here's what's happening!
Renowned chefs from some of South Florida's finest restaurants have been invited to present their culinary expertise at the Deering Seafood Festival this year.
The chefs will present their favorite recipes using the freshest Florida seafood and accompaniments.
There are free tastings and quite a few people are excited to see the chef demonstrations, so remember,
the demos are limited to 100 people each, first come, first served.
The winner of Johnson & Wales University's Student Seafood Competition will also lead a cooking demonstration, recreating his/her winning recipe.
Continuous entertainment takes place throughout the day on the main stage. It's a day of family fun, dancing and grooving to the tunes of Pan Paradise Steel Drum Band, Caribbean Crew and Blackstar, a local favorite.
Throughout the day, you will hear the sounds of the steel drum and a Bahamian Junkanoo band, while dancing with fanciful stilt walkers.
The kids will be over the moon playing at the Li'l Shrimp Kids Zone, which features inflatables,
creative activities, healthy tastings and a kid-friendly menu when hunger strikes.
But there's even more in store for kids this year! First, there's the Deering Discovery Cove Adventure, with fun,
educational programming that incorporates interactive event stations with microscopes, dissections, touch tanks and art,
all geared to teaching the importance of the world's oceans.
These activities highlight the Deering Estate's ongoing, hands-on Environmental Education Programs and
Camps that serve more than 17,000 children annually.
In addition, there are activities for children unique to each of the world's oceans:
- Children will get to experience squid adaptation and lionfish dissection (Atlantic Ocean)
- A hands-on lesson on coral reefs and sea grasses (Pacific Ocean)
- A storm surge experiment highlighting environmental services (Indian Ocean)
- A microscope and blubber experiment called "from plankton to whales" (Southern Ocean), and
- An eco-art interactive mural painting (Arctic Ocean)
The whole family can enjoy activities such as the rock-climbing wall, the Pelican Skipper pontoon boat rides to Chicken Key,
and Artist Lane, featuring unique creations by local artisans.
And of course, the festival would not be complete without its very own Seafood Alley, presented by Golden Rule Seafood.
Deering Seafood Festival 2019
When? Sunday, March 31, 2019 - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where? The Deering Estate at 16701 SW 72nd Avenue in Palmetto Bay, Miami, FL 33157
How Much? Adults $20 in advance online, $25 the day of the event; children 4-14 years $7, $10 at the gate.
- Deering Estate Foundation members enjoy complimentary admission.
- Ticket includes park entrance and all activities, excluding food, drink, pontoon rides and rock wall. Menu items at the booths range from $7 to $15 (with some exceptions, such as stone crabs).
- Proceeds from the Deering Seafood Festival benefit the Deering Estate Foundation and are used for environmental education,
preservation and programming.
More info and event schedule: Deering Seafood Festival or call (305) 235-1668, ext. 263.
Miami Events By Month