The 4th of July celebrations are right around the corner so it's time to start planning for a day (and night or weekend) of fantastic fun.
Independence Day in Miami is the highlight of the summer season with a host of lively events, festivals, parades, or if you prefer, a laid back picnic, day at the beach or cruise on the bay, and naturally taking in one of the many fireworks displays that will light up our beautiful skyline on July 4th.
When it comes to choosing that perfect hotel for your 4th of July vacation in Miami there are plenty of options whether you're looking for a revelry of parties or a quiet enclave to take in the fireworks away from the masses.
Here are some top options to stay at for the best choice of fireworks displays in Miami and Miami Beach as well as fun entertainment including BBQs, pool parties, fireworks viewing parties, kids activities, etc.
If you want to stay close to the action in Bayfront Park where the City of Miami's main festivities and fireworks take place, the Intercontinental Miami in downtown is a top pick an will also be hosting a fireworks viewing party together with BBQ and live entertainment. Also offering gorgeous views of the downtown fireworks, the skyline and the bay from its rooftop, the Novotel Miami Brickell is a great option. And here are also some top downtown and Brickell hotels convenient to the Bayfront Park American Birhtday Bash celebrations.
For the ultimate party hotel in heart of the Ocean Drive celebrations, The Clevelander is your place with its iconic pool party scene and rooftop decks to take in the South Beach fireworks.
Also in South Beach but a bit further from the mayhem are two top beachfront options: The Shelborne, another party hotel which will be celebrating Independence Day all weekend long with a host of pool parties, and the Nautilus which will throw a poolside BBQ, activities for the kids and drink specials.
If you are traveling with family looking for a quieter 4th of July beach stay, choose a place away from the melee of South Beach. Hotels in North Beach will have the City of Miami Beach's Fire on the Fourth Fireworks in view. This area is considerably quieter, very family-friendly with plenty of vacation rentals, beachfront resorts and quite a few boutique options. You are only a FREE trolley ride away from bustling South Beach if you want to get there. The Carillon Miami Wellness Resort has a top notch spa for the ultimate pampering experience, and you can also consider an apartment/condo, the Monte Carlo offers great beachfront value. Here are some more top North Beach Hotels convenient to North Beach Bandshell.
Further to the north is the town of Surfside, a small and charming beachfront community sandwiched in between trendy Miami Beach and posh Bal Harbour and extending from 87th Street to 96th Street. Very convenient to the Fire on the Fourth celebrations in North Miami Beach and offering a very relaxing beach stay. Here are some top options to stay in Surfside, one of our favorite places for a staycation!
And lastly, Mid-Beach Hotels are conveniently located in between the Ocean Drive fireworks as well as the Fire on the Fourth Festival in North Beach. The area is ideal for those who want to be close to the action of South Beach without being in the middle of it, it is merely a short bike ride away and also easily accesible with the city's FREE trolleys.
Hotels convenient to America's Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park
- Cannot get any closer than this to the city's main festivities, you just walk out the front door and into America's Birthday Bash at Bayfront Park, or you can party at the hotel where they will be hosting a one-of-a-kind celebration at their rooftop pool deck. Enjoy a BBQ buffet, drink specials, party favors and live entertainment. Open to hotel guests and non-guests, Adults $63.18, Children $29.07, includes taxes and fees, get tickets.
- This is a bayfront hotel with gorgeous city and bay views in the business district area, superbly positioned to enjoy the fireworks in Biscayne Bay
- If you want to enjoy the fireworks from the comfort of your own room request a room facing the Bay.
- Lots of amenities at this five-star property, pool, spa, fitness center, five dining options onsite. There is a charge for the spa and fitness center
- 2-minute walk to the Bayfront Park Metromover Station and 5-minute walk to Bayside Marketplace
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas only
- Parking onsite is $43.07 per day
100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, FL 33131
Novotel Miami Brickell (formerly the Atton Brickell)
- Located in Brickell, Miami's business district, this is an area which has recently developed into a trendy residential neighborhood awash with luxury condos, outstanding restaurants and shopping
- The show-stealer at the hotel is its infinity edge rooftop pool and lounge area, offering a very relaxing atmosphere in the middle of the financial district
- The Novotel Brickell will be hosting a 4th of July Sunset Session from their Rooftop Bar which offers gorgeous views of the Fireworks. Featuring DJ Bryan Peroni, guests will enjoy live music, signature bites, drink specials and spectacular views of Biscayne Bay and the Brickell Skyline. More Info..
- 10-minute walk to the Shops at Mary Brickell Village and 5-minute walk to Metromover and Trolley station
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- Parking onsite is $40 per day
Novotel Miami Brickell:
1500 Southwest 1st Avenue, Brickell, Miami, FL 33129
South Beach Hotels convenient to the Ocean Drive 4th Of July Fireworks and Weekend Celebrations
The Clevelander South Beach
- On Ocean Drive, just cross the street and you're at the beach, walk out and stumble into the Lummus Park celebrations and fireworks. The Clevelander is party central... all year 'round...
- The Clevelander will be hosting viewing parties on their iconic POOL+PATIO with free general admission, SPF-4 Sun Deck 4th Rooftop with open bar - $99, and at C-LEVEL 6th Floor Rooftop - $40. Doors open at 6:00 pm, and fireworks start at 9:00 pm.
- No Onsite Parking, private parking available nearby
The Clevelander South Beach:
1020 Ocean Drive, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139
The Shelborne South Beach
- The Shelborne boasts an expansive pool and beach resort area and for the 4th of July, they go all out the entire weekend, the pool party scene will be sizzling from Thrusday July 4 until Sunday July 7. General Admission $23.51, must be 21
- The Shelborne is an original 1940s Art Deco gem offering timeless elegance, breathtaking skyline or ocean views and luxurious privacy in each of its 200 luxurious guest rooms.
- The Shelborne Caffe is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast, lunch and cocktails al fresco. Root & Bone offers a casual yet elevated dining experience offering American cuisine. Poolside Bar & Grill in the Oasis Garden offers bold flavors with a casual yet tasteful menu paired with refreshing cocktails.
- Poolside cabana rentals available
- Guests have access to spa services and fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi in all areas
- Pets allowed
- Parking available onsite for $44 per day
Shelborne South Beach:
1801 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
The Nautilus by Arlo
- The Nautilus is an Art Deco beachfront gem in South Beach. Located north of Lummus Park where the fireworks will launch from, this hotel is convenient to the hustle and bustle of Ocean Drive but in a considerably quieter area. Designed by famed architect Morris Lapidus in the 1950s, Nautilus, a SIXTY Hotel has been renovated with homage to its original spirit. Revealing an extensive evolution of what the property once was and stood for, Nautilus, features a comfortable design that emulates a luxury beach house with public spaces, rooms and suites that have an international and residential feel.
- The Nautilus celebrates America's birthday with a poolside BBQ, activities for the kids and drink specials.
- 250 smoke-free rooms arranged over 8 floors with stunning views of the skyline, pool, or ocean, many with balconies.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served on the terrace or indoor dining room at the Nautilus Cabana Club.
- Outdoor pool surrounded by cabanas, spa and 24-hour fitness center in premises
- Free Wi-Fi in all areas
- Parking available nearby for $42.80 per day
1825 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
North Beach Hotels and Vacation Rentals convenient to the Fire on the Fourth Celebrations
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort
- Top beachfront all-suites hotel with a fantastic state-of-the-art full-service spa
- Luxury one and two-bedroom spacious apartments with gorgeous ocean or city views, many with balconies. All with separate living room, floor to ceiling windows, fully-equiped kitchenettes and spa-inspired bathrooms
- Four swimming pools, four hot tubs and over 40 fitness classes available daily
- For active guests a cycling and walking trail surrounds the property and a rock-climbing wall is featured on site
- Three dining options onsite including The Strand Bar & Grill delivering a seasonal, ingredient driven menu of new American fare infused with innovative touches, Seaglas Cafe located at the Cabana Pool Bar for beachfront and poolside snacking, and The Corner Store, a cafe and juice bar.
- For Independence Day, the Carillon throws a beachside cookout on the weekend, guests enjoy music, family friendly activities, beach access and dishes like the chili grilled octopus with lime crema, or the grilled bavette steak served with salsa verde. Admission is $95 for adults and includes unlimited beverages. The 2019 celebration is TBA. For fireworks viewing from your room request a north-facing apartment.
- Private Parking available for $40 per day
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
Carillon Miami Wellness Resort:
6801 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141
Monte Carlo Miami Beach
- Newly renovated Beachfront Property in North Miami Beach, a much quieter area away from the hustle and bustle of South Beach (about 20-minute drive away)
- Gorgeous city, bay and/or ocean views from these spacious and modern 1-Bedroom apartments with balconies
- On the path of the Miami Beach Walk
- Walk to restaurants, supermarkets, rental car
- Features 2 outdoor heated pools, jacuzzi, fitness centre
- Sitting area / living room, full kitchen equipped with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, washer and dryer
- Beach chairs, towels and umbrellas provided free of charge
- Complimentary bike rental
- Free Wi-Fi throughout
- All Spaces Non-Smoking (public and private)
- Free limited valet parking
- NO daily cleaning service / housekeeping
- Reservations for the Monte Carlo are handled by several management and rental companies and for the most part they are all quite efficient but be sure to reconfirm your reservations as overbooking for this property is known to happen. Also compare rates and availability with the different companies as your preferred type of accomodation (ocean view, deluxe, etc.) might be sold out on one company but available on another.
- Excellent value for a beachfront property, a top choice for families
Monte Carlo Miami Beach:
6551 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33141
More South Beach Hotels
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions