Miami in October celebrates several exciting festivals and holidays: The Columbus Day Regatta, the Miami-Broward Carnival, one of the most colorful and vibrant expressions of Caribbean culture, and of course goblins and witches come out as Halloween approaches...
October brings also the opening of Stone Crab season and with it some splendid seafood festivals that are much anticipated by all. The Deering Seafood Festival will take place this month and the Ft. Lauderdale International Boat Show has been confirmed and it will go ahead from October 28 - November 1st.
Covid-19 continues to present challenging circumstances and the status of the many events scheduled for October may change at the last minute. Always double-check with the organizers prior to purchasing tickets or heading out to the events. We will continue to monitor closely this rapidly evolving situation and provide relevant updates. Here's the latest.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
- Columbus Day Weekend - October 9 - 12, 2020
- Miami-Broward Carnival - 2020 event has not been announced
- Grovetoberfest - October 10, 2020
- South Florida Seafood Festival - October 17 - 18, 2020
- The Deering Seafood Festival -
March 29, 2020Postponed to October 18, 2020
- SOBE Seafood Week -
October 21 - 24, 2020- Postponed to 2021
- Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival - Cancelled
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show - October 28 - November 1st, 2020
- Halloween Events in Miami
The concert and entertainment scene in October 2020
- Miami Bash: Maluma, Karol G, Natti Natasha & Arcangel - October 3, 2020 at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Harry Styles & Jenny Lewis - October 8, 2020 at the BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Jose Luis Perales - October 9, 2020 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Majah Hype - October 9, 2020 at Hard Rock Live at the Semminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Melendi - October 10, 2020 at the James L. Knight Center, Miami
- To Kill A Mockingbird - October 13 - 25, 2020 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Luke Combs, Ashley McBryde & Drew Parker - October 30, 2020 at the BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Havasi - October 24, 2020 at Hard Rock Live at the Semminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Jonny Lang - October 26, 2020 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
- Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Holidays in October
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 12, 2020. This is a bank holiday. Schools and government offices will be closed but commercial establishments remain open.
- Halloween - Saturday, October 31, 2020, parties and events ongoing throughout the month
In the Sports Calendar:
- Miami Heat Basketball Pre-Season begins! - October 2020 Pre-season Home Games and Tickets
- Miami Dolphins Football Schedule - October 2020 Home Games and Tickets
- Miami Hurricanes College Football Schedule - October 2020 Home Games and Tickets
- Florida Panthers Hockey Schedule - The NHL is aiming for December 1 for the start to the 2020-2021 season
Things To Do This October, the following have reopened:
It's time to get out! Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Leaving from Sea Isle Marina: The Adrenaline Junkie Jet Boat Ride
- Leaving from South Beach: Splashdown: Duck Tour of Miami and South Beach
- Leaving from Bayside: Thriller: 45-Minute Sightseeing Speedboat Tour, and The Original Millionaire's Row Cruise
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Gator Park: Everglades National Park Airboat Tour and Wildlife Show
- Everglades Safari Park: $31.00 Discount tickets at Klook.com, from Miami incl. transport: Half-Day Everglades Airboat Ride & Wildlife Show
- Sawgrass Recreation Park: Private Tour for your group only, Night Tour (Wednesdays and Saturdays only)
- Everglades Area Tours: Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco-Tour meet at Everglades Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center Hwy 41/Hwy 29 Everglades City
- Here's more on Everglades Airboat Tours
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The Deering Estate is OPEN and hikes, kayak rentals and Biscayne Bay Cruises have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Specially for kids and families This October 2020:
- Curious George The Musical - October 2 - 5, 2020 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Miami Broward Junior Carnival - 2020 event has not been announced
- Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival - Cancelled
- Santa's Enchanted Forest - Cancelled
- Halloween Events in Miami
- More Things To Do With Children!
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
- Wynwood Art Walk Block Party - October 10, 2020 and every second Saturday of the month
- New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts - TBA select Saturdays (normally 3rd) through May
- Washington Avenue's WAVE Wine + Beer Taste - October 15, 2020 and every 3rd Thursday of the month
- Miami Design District Performance Series - TBA select Friday evenings
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Miami-Dade Arena (formerly FTX Arena
June 28-29, 2023
Hard Rock Stadium
July 21 - 23, 2023
October 2020 Highlight Events in Miami
Columbus Day Weekend - October 9 - 12, 2020
Columbus Day celebrates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas on October 12, 1492 and is observed in the United States on the second Monday of October. Columbus Day is a bank holiday and this year will be on October 12, 2020.
Columbus Day Weekend is a huge boating event in Miami.
Originally, the center of the celebrations were the Columbus Day Regatta races commemorating the voyages of discovery.
Through the years, the event has given way to a massive Mardi Grass-like boating party that has drifted towards the banks of Elliot Key for a weekend jammed with boaters on (and in) the water, loud music, heavy drinking and clothing optional everything-goes crowd. The Elliott Key revelry is NOT part of the Regatta activities.
Here's more on this year's Columbus Day Weekend Events
Miami-Broward Carnival Parade and Concert - TBA
Steel bands, colorful masquerades, flashy costumes, hot music, concerts, stage shows, cultural performances... all celebrate the spirit and vitality of Caribbean island culture.
This is a week-long celebration that culminates on Sunday when the grand finale events are planned.
A "Junior Carnival" is also held which include many family-friendly activities.
When? TBA 11:00 am to 11:00 pm include a Carnival Parade and the live Carnival Concerts.
Where? Miami Dade County Fairgrounds (The Fair) at 10901 SW 24th Street, Miami FL 33165
How Much? $30 buy online, VIP $100. Tickets are also available for the different events throughout the week.
More Info and tickets:www.miamibrowardcarnival.com
Without a doubt, this is the "most scenic beer festival in the world" and our own South Florida version of this German classic.
Set along the panoramic vistas of Regatta Park on the waterfront, an enthusiastic crowd descend to enjoy over 200 beers from all corners of the globe, great food, live music, a homebrew contest and more.
Entrance ticket includes all the beer sampling, food is available but extra. Must be 21 or older.
When? Saturday October 10, 2020 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Where? Regatta Park in Coconut Grove, 2700 Bayshore Drive, Coconut Grove, FL 33133
How Much? General Admission $54, Beer Socialite (gets in at 3:00 pm) $74, VIP (gets in at 2:00 pm + bathrooms) $99 all prices plus fees. Groupon Beer Socialite
More Info, tickets and event schedule: www.grovetoberfest.com
South Florida Seafood Festival
It's that time of the year again! Besides the freshest of deliciously prepared seafood from Cajun to Asian to Northeast chowders, there's a farmer's market for those who want to take something special home.
There's also the cooking workshops, a family fun zone with great activities for the kids and of course live music and a small art's fair.
When? Saturday and Sunday October 17 - 18, 2020 - 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 pm
Where? Miami Marine Stadium at 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway, Key Biscayne, FL 33149
How Much? General Admission $8 early bird online, $12 at the door. Kids under 10 FREE. Take advantage of online EARLY BIRD specials for substantial savings. General Admission does NOT include food and beverage. Family Pack $12 for 2 adults and unlimited kids under 12. Groupon General Admission
$20 $7 or 2 for $11
More Info, tickets and event schedule: www.southfloridaseafoodfestival.com
The 15th Annual Deering Seafood Festival On The Bay
Get ready for a non-stop celebration at the Annual Deering Seafood Festival on the Bay, complete with delicious catch from the sea, celebrity chef cooking demos, fun-filled adventures for kids, Virgin Island stilt walkers, a Bahamian Junkanoo musical parade and on-going live entertainment.
When? Sunday, October 18, 2020 - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where? The Deering Estate at 16701 SW 72nd Avenue in Palmetto Bay, Miami, FL 33157
How Much? Admission: Adults $20 in advance online, $25 the day of the event; children 4-14 years $7, $10 at the gate, Members FREE
Here's more on the Deering Seafood Festival. For 2020 Tickets.
SOBE Seafood Week - Postponed to 2021
The week kicks off Miami's renowned annual Stone Crab season every October.
It has expanded beyond the main showcase fest on Saturday to a week of delectable events, South Beach Seafood Week, starting on Wednesday October 21 and featuring interactive cooking experiences, an Evening at Joe's and Chef Showdowns and culinary battles.
In the sands of South Beach, the main festival grounds on Saturday October 24 will be surrounded by mini cafes from signature local restaurants, multiple bars, a live entertainement stage, interactive zones, and more.
The selected restaurants will have splendid garden seating and showcase 2-3 generous portions of their signature menu dishes of choice that are priced between $5 and $10.
October 21 - 24, 2020 Postponed to 2021
An Evening at Joe's - Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Crabs, Slabs & Cabs location TBA - Thursday, October 22, 2020
VIP Chef Showdown at Lummus Park at 12th Street and Ocean - Friday, October 23, 2020
SOBE Seafood Fest at Lummus Park at 14th Street and Ocean - Saturday, October 24, 2020
More Info, tickets and events schedule: www.sobeseafoodfest.com
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
Every year, the largest in-water boat show in the world comes to Fort Lauderdale, the "Yachting Capital of the World" to exhibit a vast array of the industry's latest boats and yachts of all sizes, worldwide debuts, plus a medley of marine products and accessories to enhance the nautical lifestyle.
From yacht builders and designers to exotic cars and brokerage yachts, this show has something for everyone!
Events will be run according to official government and local authority guidance to comply with Covid-19 prevention measures including social distancing of 6 ft to be maintained at all times with the exception of family members residing together, temperature checks, mandatory masks, guest circulation paths and wider docks, additional entrance gates, etc.
When? October 28 - November 1st, 2020
Where? Bahia Mar Yachting Center at 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
How Much? TBA
Holidays in October
Columbus Day - A Public Holiday - Monday October 12, 2020
Columbus Day is a public holiday which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas on October 12, 1492 and celebrated on the second Monday in October in the United States.
Federal government offices are closed except for National parks.
You can expect the following to
be open and closed on Monday:
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
Public Transportation (check for special holiday schedules)
Columbus Day Weekend is a BIG boating weekend in Miami. Here's what-where-when is happening this Columbus Day Weekend 2020.
Boo! It's that time of the year in Miami! Halloween ghosts and spooky mazes, costume parties and trick-or-treating...
Here are this year's most popular Halloween events and celebrations in Miami, from pumpkin patches and pony rides for kids, to haunted houses, live concerts and parties.
Click here for Halloween Events in Miami.
Miami Broward Junior Carnival
Kids can have their own Carnival fun too! Junior Carnival will feature a parade with over 10 participating bands and many children's activities including bounce houses and face painting.
When? 2020 event has not been announced - noon to 9:00 pm
Where? Central Broward Regional Park at 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill, Fl, 33311, on the corner of 441 and Sunrise
How Much? $10 Online plus fees. Park Fee $1.50
More Info and tickets: www.miamibrowardcarnival.com
Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival - Cancelled
It's pumpkins and palm trees! We might not have the crisp temperatures but yes, we can also have our own fun in the fall.
Coconut Grove puts on a fun-filled weekend for the family, together with scarecrows, cornstalk and haybale mazes, hillbilly hay rides, and of course pumpkin galore!
Lots of activities for the kids, a Pumpkin Food Court Feast, thrilling carnival rides, bounce houses, a Pumpkin Beer Garden for mom and dad and of course your favorite fair foods!
When? Saturday and Sunday October - CANCELLED for 2020
Where? Peacock Park in Coconut Grove at 2820 McFarlane Rd, Miami, FL 33133
How Much? General Admission $20, (2 years old and up) includes all carnival rides, shows and activities except pumpkin and decorating purchases which are available for an extra fee.
More Info and tickets: www.coconutgrovepumpkinpatch.com
Santa's Echanted Forest
The largest Christmas-Themed Amusement Park and Carnival is back with its millions of dazzling lights, South Florida's tallest christmas tree, and the carnival rides for little ones and those wanting a little more extreme.
In a new location in Doral for the 2022 season, Santa's new home is bigger than ever with more than 40 acres of attractions, plus 3 entrances and expansive parking. It is a huge sprawling lively event, just coming to see the lights is worth the trip. Tons of entertainment for kids and families round it all up.
There are the many live shows, games, magic acts, mazes, all sorts of rides, from carrousels to roller coasters and drop towers and of course, the carnival food!
When? November 9, 2022 to January 8, 2023 - 5:00pm to Midnight
Where? 7500 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33166
How Much? Adults (9-64) $42.99, Children (3-8) and Seniors 65+ $34.58. Season Passes, military discounts, group discounts and express passes available.
More Info: Santa's Enchanted Forest
For Miami Sports Fans This October 2020
Miami Heat Basketball Pre-Season Schedule October 2020 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? AmericanAirlines Arena
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for great discounts for Miami Heat Tickets at Groupon!!!
Miami Dolphins Schedule - October 2020 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Dolphins Tickets at Groupon from $8.
What's new: 13,000 fans will be allowed at Hard Rock Stadium.
The club has banned tailgating in 2020, will mandate socially distanced seating clusters, masks will be mandatory when fans aren’t eating or drinking, there will be no paper tickets, the team will add points of entries and exits to help avoid bottlenecks and use cashless purchases for concessions, parking and retail.
Miami Hurricanes Schedule - October 2020 Home Games and College Football Tickets
When? College Football season just starting! Get your Hurricanes season tickets now!
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $14 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
Florida Panthers Schedule - October 2020 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the BB&T Center to see first-class teams battle it out on the ice!
When? The NHL is aiming for December 1 for the start to the 2020-2021 season.
Where? BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Panthers Tickets at Groupon.
Ongoing Events in Miami - Many FREE or Almost FREE
Miami Design District Free Outdoor Concerts
Performance Series Season Opener!
The Miami Design District Performance Series kicks off in the fall and is a fantastic chance to enjoy live FREE outdoor concerts, our marvelous weather as it starts to cool off all wrapped in a fantastic South Florida atmosphere. The events are put together by the Knight Foundation, Design District developer Craig Robins and our very own Emilio Estefan and are free for all to enjoy. (THANK YOU!!!!)
The season normally starts in October and runs through the Holidays. Taking the stage on select Fridays of the month are performers in all sorts of genres from classical, pop, salsa... last year we had Gloria Gaynor, Jose Luis Rodriguez (El Puma), the Miami Symphony Orchestra... it's an eclectic bunch and regardless of who appears at Palm Court, it is always an enjoyable evening and a great way to kick start your weekend. And did I mention it's FREE?!!!
Where? Palm Court Plaza at the Miami Design District
How Much? FREE!
More Info: www.miamidesigndistrict.net
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concert - TBA
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
WALLCAST® Concerts utilize 4K Ultra High Definition visual technology for projections on the wall at the New World Center.
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
WAVE Wine + Beer Taste on Washington Avenue
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District Presents a Live Music Series Featuring a Wine & Beer Taste!
15 wine, beer, and live music locations over a 1 mile stretch on Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
A diversity of live music everyone can enjoy! Grab a friend and come enjoy your favorite wines, beers, and try something new while sitting back with locals and tourists alike to take in all the live music. Must be 21+.
When? Thursday October 15, 2020 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and every 3rd Thursday of the month.
Where? Along Washington Avenue in South Beach
How Much? General Admission $25 (entitles you to 12 wine / beer tastes), VIP $40 (entitles you to 24 wine / beer tastes)
More Info and Tickets: WAVE Wine & Beer.
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Saturday October 10, 2020 and every second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Send a Tip!Got something to share? Let us know!