Events may be cancelled / postponed / rescheduled due to the current Coronavirus health precautions. Please check with event organizers for updates
The countywide curfew from midnight to 6:00 am has been lifted.
Please adhere to the guidelines to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Consistent with CDC recommendations, people who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks indoors and in crowded outdoor spaces. Here's the latest.
Summer is in full swing, August in Miami is hot and humid, afternoon showers are not uncommon and actually welcomed to bring a bit of relief from the blistering sun.
Beaches, parks, green spaces and beachwalks are open. Sports fans will welcome back the Dolphins in their pre-season at Hard Rock Stadium as the Marlins and Inter Miami FC are well into their regular seasons. The concert and entertainment calendar is slowly filling back up but postponements and cancellations may happen at the last minute.
This is a great time to enjoy the beaches, our outdoor spaces and any water-related activities. If you're heading out
to the beach remember our turtles are nesting! Please pay special attention for any signs indicating turtle activity in the area.
If you have been putting off
that scuba certification, grab your mask and fins and get down here, our beautiful reefs are calling! The Florida Keys have reopened and dive and snorkel tours have resumed.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in August 2021 features:
- Hella Mega Tour: Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Weezer & The Interrupters - August 1, 2021 at Hard Rock Stadium
- Dave Chappelle - August 6 - 8, 2021 at Hard Rock Live! at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The Motowners - August 7, 2021 at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Anjelah Johnson - August 12 - 15, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- John Legend - August 17, 2021 at BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Lolita Flores - August 20, 2021 at the Jackie Gleason Theater at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Fonseca & Andres Cepeda - August 20, 2021 at the FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Joe Rogan - August 26, 2021 at BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Slow Burn Theatre Company: Kinky Boots - August 27 - September 12, 2021 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Jose Negroni - August 28, 2021 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Bill Burr - August 28, 2021 at Hard Rock Live! at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
In the Sports Calendar:
Things To Do This August, the following have reopened:
It's time to get out! Here's a list of things to do while maintaining social distancing measures. They have reopened and can be booked now. Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! Except for Shark Valley which remains closed for visitor safety as a result of high water levels after both hurricane Eta and Iota.
- The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Specially for kids and families This August 2021:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
About our sea turtles and nesting on South Florida beaches
Sea turtle nesting season is here, if you are heading out to the beaches, please pay attention to nesting areas, they will
be ropped off and clearly marked, avoid getting near these areas or trampling on the eggs!
Sea turtles nest mostly after dark, females emerge from the water in search for a spot to lay their eggs.
They need their peace and quiet, give them a wide berth.
It is against the law to disturb turtles, nesting or otherwise, their eggs and their hatchlings!
You can learn more about sea turtles and how they nest.
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Hard Rock Live! At the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
October 2 - 3, 2021
October 22-23, 2021
December 18, 2021
August 2021 Highlight Events in Miami
Miami Spa Month - July 1st to August 31, 2021
For two full months, Miami Spa Month features a world of indulgence and relaxation at some of our internationally renowned spas
with incredible savings for
everyone with packages starting at only $99.
So get ready to unwind...
Our unique and diverse treatments await.. mango body scrubs... organic fusion facials... the Miami Mojito Massagge... the Beach
Beautiful Package... this is the month to experience it all!
Whether a full Spa Day or simply a calming and relaxing massage, a mani-pedi, a revitalizing facial... here are some fantastic deals and spa packages, some over 50% off!
Miami Spice - August 1st to September 30, 2021
Treat yourself! It's restaurant month in Miami!
During Miami Spice, the city's top eateries showcase
their signature dishes and award winning chefs with incredible 3-course set lunch or dinner packages that
make it easy and affordable for all to try the best of Miami's delectable cuisine.
Luxury Dining Set Prices: Lunch $28, Dinner $42
More info: Check this year's participating restaurants at Miami Spice Monthly Deals.
National Rum Day Fest
Tickets for Miami Beach's premier rum festival include complimentary tastings and a night filled with live music, fun, games and rum.
Rum enthusiasts will have the chance to mix and mingle with the best mixologists and try local and global brands.
National Rum Day is awaiting an announcement how it will look for 2021 as it is being considered what the best route is for the festival and brand this year in the climate we are all facing. Stay tuned!
When? Sunday, August TBC - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
How Much? TBA, last year General Admission $45, VIP passes $55
More Info and Tickets: www.nationalrumdayfest.com
Coconut Grove Food & Wine Festival - Postponed to March 2022
Explore and sample Coconut Grove's Newest Restaurants, Famous Chefs, and Caterers while enjoying being on beautiful Biscayne Bay at Coconut Grove's biggest culinary event of the year! What's on? Delicious Restaurant samplings, Fine wine & spirits tastings, Rum Bars, Craft beer, Culinary Demos...
Lots of family entertainment including a Kid's Zone, Doggies Bark in the Park Contest, Waiters' Race, Miami Cuban Sandwich Smackdown Contest and a Holiday bazaar featuring many local exhibitors and vendors.
When? Postponed to March 2022 - 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm, after-party at 9:00 at Monty's
Where? Regatta Park at 2700 South Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove (next to City Hall)
How Much? TBA last year General Admission $25, children under 12 free with adult, individual sample dishes available for sale, prices $3+
VIP $75 includes unlimited sampling on-site from all participating restaurants, complimentary liquor, wine and non-alcohol drinks from all beverage tents, complimentary wine glass, and goodie bag.
More Info, tickets: www.coconutgrovefoodandwine.com/
Miami For Kids And Families This August 2021
Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program
This is a fantastic program conducted by Miami Dade Parks which aims to educate the public about the plight of the sea turtles.
Our beaches are one of the largest nesting grounds for sea turtles every year. Nesting and hatching season is from May through October, when
the parks are actively engaged in protecting them.
Come and learn about their activities, the life of the turtles, the constant threats, and then come out to the beach and
watch the hatchlings as they are released and quickly dash across the sand and into the ocean.
Here's more on the Endangered Sea Turtle and the Turtle Awareness Program.
When? Wednesdays (at Haulover Park) and Fridays (at Crandon Park) from mid-July to September - 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hatchling release to begin in mid-July.
Where? Crandon Park Visitors and Nature Center and Haulover Park
How Much? TBA, prior years $10 per participant
You MUST make reservations, which can be made starting July 1st. The sooner the better, they sell-out fast! Call 305-361-6767 ext. 121 or check their FB page for more info.
Summer Savings Pass 2021
This is a great savings pass for unlimited visits to
How Much? Adults $59.99, Children (3 - 12) $49.99, all summer long! (plus tax)
Pass is valid from May 10 through August 31, 2021 and can be purchased online through any of the above participating parks. If you are an annual pass member to any of them check for any additional discounts you might be entitled for the Summer Savings Pass.
More info: www.summersavingspass.com
For Miami Sports Fans This August 2021
Miami Dolphins Schedule - August 2021 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? Pre-Season just starting!
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! Find Tickets
Miami Marlins Schedule - August 2021 Home Games and Baseball Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Marlins Park, 501 Marlins Way (NW 16th Avenue), Miami, Florida 33125
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $11 but you have to be quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Marlins Tickets at Groupon $15
Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule August 2021 Home Games
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? DRV PNK Stadium (Drive Pink Stadium) formerly Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? $28 - $150 Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) Free Admission on Thursdays
Located at the National Historic Landmark Freedom Tower, Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) offers groundbreaking exhibitions and programs that aim to foster a reimagined Miami. The new initiative is designed to make art accessible to all in the community, as well as visitors.
Free admission on Thursday evenings will continue indefinitely and includes admission to the galleries of MDC Special Collections - the Kislak Center and the Cuban Legacy Gallery.
Currently on view at MOAD is The Body Electric, a major exhibition that looks at our fraught relationship to technology, particularly the increasingly inescapable interface between our bodies and screens.
When?: Thursday evenings from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where?: Museum of Art and Design at Miami Dade College Freedom Tower, 2nd Floor at 600 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.mdcmoad.org
Miami Beach Live Music Series
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District Presents Miami Beach Live Music Series. From upscale hotels, museums, restaurants to clubs Washington Avenue is the new hotspot on Miami Beach. Explore each venue or settle at one while enjoying great music from all around the world. Enjoy the best live Jazz, Latin, Blues, Reggae, Soul, Pop and Rock music in South Florida every 3rd Thursday of the month... FREE of charge!
When? Every 3rd Thursday of the month
Where? Along Washington Avenue in South Beach
How Much? FREE
More Info: Miami Beach Live Music Series.
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund