Please donate to support those impacted by the tragic building collapse. supportsurfside.org.
Latest on Coronavirus:
Events may be cancelled / postponed / rescheduled due to the current Coronavirus health precautions. Please check with event organizers for updates.
Miami in October celebrates several exciting festivals and holidays: The Columbus Day Regatta,
the Miami-Broward Carnival, one of the most colorful and
vibrant expressions of Caribbean culture, and of course goblins and witches come out as Halloween approaches...
October brings also the opening of Stone Crab season and with it some splendid seafood festivals that are much anticipated by all, the Deering Seafood Festival and SoBe Seafood Week will be delighting seafoodies this month.
As stadiums and entertainment venues have reopened, our sports and concerts calendar is slowly filling back up. That said, Covid-19 continues to present challenging circumstances and the status of the many events scheduled for October may change at the last minute. Always double-check with the organizers prior to purchasing tickets or heading out to the events.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in October 2021
- Uforia Mix Live: J Balvin & Wisin Y Yandel - October 1, 2021 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Tom Segura - October 1, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- LIT AF Tour: Martin Lawrence, DeRay Davis, Earthquake & Donnel Rawlings - October 2, 2021 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Guns N' Roses - October 2- 3, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Lauren Daigle & The War and Treaty - October 2, 2021 at the BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Mau y Ricky & Piso 21 - October 2, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Nemr - October 3, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Alejandro Fernandez - October 3, 2021 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Crowder - October 4, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Harry Styles & Jenny Lewis - October 8, 2021 at the BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Maluma - October 9, 2021 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Benise - October 9, 2021 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Jim Jefferies - October 9, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Justin Hayward - October 9, 2021 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Simrit Live in Concert - October 9, 2021 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Sofia Nino de Rivera - October 10, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Frankenstein - October 14 - 31, 2021 at the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Jonas Kaufmann - October 14, 2021 at the Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Majah Hype - October 15, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Deon Cole - October 15 - 17, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- For King and Country - October 17, 2021 at the BB&T Center, Sunrise
- Mon Laferte - October 19, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Boz Scaggs - October 20, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Camilo - October 21 - 22, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Trevor Noah - October 22, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- L.O.L. Surprise! Live - October 22, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Enrique Iglesias & Ricky Martin - October 22 - 23, 2021 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Myriam Hernandez - October 22, 2021 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Todd Rundgren - October 23, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Top of the World - A Tribute to the Carpenters - October 23, 2021 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Havasi - October 23, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Morat - October 24, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Little Big Town: Nightfall Tour with Special Guest Alex Hall - October 24, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Buddy Guy & Kenny Wayne Shepherd - October 28, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Chelsea Handler - October 28, 2021 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Bert Kreischer - October 29, 2021 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Jose Luis Perales - October 30, 2021 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Luke Combs, Ashley McBryde & Drew Parker - October 30, 2021 at the BB&T Center, Sunrise
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Holidays in October
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 11, 2021. This is a bank holiday. Schools and government offices will be closed but commercial establishments remain open.
- Halloween - Saturday, October 31, 2021, parties and events ongoing throughout the month
In the Sports Calendar:
Things To Do This October, the following have reopened:
It's time to get out! Here's a list of things to do while maintaining social distancing measures. They have reopened and can be booked now. Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! Except for Shark Valley which remains closed for visitor safety as a result of high water levels after both hurricane Eta and Iota.
- The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Specially for kids and families This October 2021:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Hard Rock Live! At the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
October 2 - 3, 2021
October 22-23, 2021
December 18, 2021
October 2021 Highlight Events in Miami
Columbus Day Weekend - October 8 - 11, 2021
Columbus Day celebrates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas on October 12, 1492 and is observed
in the United States on the second Monday of October. Columbus Day is a bank holiday and this year will be on October 11, 2021.
Columbus Day Weekend is a huge boating event in Miami.
Originally, the center of the celebrations were the Columbus
Day Regatta races commemorating the voyages of discovery.
Through the years, the event has given way to a massive Mardi Grass-like boating party that has drifted towards the banks
of Elliot Key for a weekend jammed with boaters on (and in) the water, loud music, heavy drinking and clothing optional everything-goes crowd. The Elliott Key revelry is NOT part of the Regatta activities.
Here's more on this year's Columbus Day Weekend Events
Miami-Broward Carnival Parade and Concert - October 10, 2021
Steel bands, colorful masquerades, flashy costumes, hot music, concerts, stage shows, cultural performances...
all celebrate the spirit and vitality of Caribbean island culture.
This is a week-long celebration that culminates on Sunday when the
grand finale events, the parade, concerts and costume competitions are planned.
A "Junior Carnival" is also held which include many family-friendly activities the weekend before.
- Friday October 8, 2021 - Steelband Panorama Competition - 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Central Broward Regional Park Cricket Stadium
- Saturday October 9, 2021 - Official J'Ouvert - 7:00 am to 3:00 pm in Broward
- Sunday October 10, 2021 - Parade of the Bands, Concerts, Kings, Queens & Individuals costume competitions - 11:00 am to 11:00 pm - Miami Dade County Fairgrounds (The Fair) at 10901 SW 24th Street, Miami FL 33165
How Much? $30-$40 buy online, All access $100, VIP $150 Tickets are also available for the different events throughout the week.
More Info and tickets: www.miamicarnival.com
Vegan Block Party - October 16, 2021
VEGAN BLOCK PARTY is the ultimate plant-based food, drink, & lifestyle festival!
Join in for an all-day event featuring an epic vendor line-up, 100% vegan bar, music & entertainment, private beach access, family fun, wellness workshops, and so much more!
When? Saturday October 16, 2021 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Where? Historic Virginia Key Beach Park at 4020 Virginia Beach Drive, Miami, FL 33149
How Much? Adult General Admission $25, Child General Admission $12
More Info, tickets and event schedule: www.veganblockparty.com
Grovetoberfest - TBA
Without a doubt, this is the "most scenic beer festival in the world" and our own South Florida version of this German classic.
Set along the panoramic vistas of Regatta Park on the waterfront, an enthusiastic crowd descend to enjoy over 200 beers from
all corners of the globe, great food, live music, a homebrew contest and more.
Entrance ticket includes all the beer sampling, food is available but extra. Must be 21 or older.
When? TBA 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
Where? Regatta Park in Coconut Grove, 2700 Bayshore Drive, Coconut Grove, FL 33133
How Much? TBA, last year General Admission $54, Beer Socialite (gets in at 3:00 pm) $74, VIP (gets in at 2:00 pm + bathrooms) $99 all prices plus fees. Groupon Beer Socialite
More Info, tickets and event schedule: www.grovetoberfest.com
SOBE Seafood Week - October 20 - 23, 2021
The week kicks off Miami's renowned annual Stone Crab season every October.
It has expanded beyond the main showcase fest on Saturday to a week of delectable events, South Beach Seafood Week, starting on Wednesday October 21 and featuring
interactive cooking experiences, an Evening at Joe's and Chef Showdowns and culinary battles.
In the sands of South Beach, the main festival grounds on Saturday October 24 will be surrounded by mini cafes from signature local restaurants, multiple bars, a live entertainement stage, interactive zones, and more.
The selected restaurants will have splendid garden seating and showcase 2-3 generous portions
of their signature menu dishes of choice that are priced between $5 and $10.
When? October 20 - 23, 2021
- An Evening at Joe's - Wednesday, October 20, 2021
- Crabs, Slabs & Cabs at the Shore Club Hotel - Thursday, October 21, 2021
- VIP Chef Showdown at Lummus Park at 12th Street and Ocean - Friday, October 22, 2021
- SOBE Seafood Fest at Lummus Park at 14th Street and Ocean - Saturday, October 23, 2021
More Info, tickets and events schedule: www.sobeseafoodfest.com
The 16th Annual Deering Seafood Festival On The Bay - October 24, 2021
Get ready for a non-stop celebration at the Annual Deering Seafood Festival on the Bay, complete with delicious catch from the sea,
celebrity chef cooking demos, fun-filled adventures for kids, Virgin Island stilt walkers,
a Bahamian Junkanoo musical parade and on-going live entertainment.
When? Sunday, October 24, 2021 - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where? The Deering Estate at 16701 SW 72nd Avenue in Palmetto Bay, Miami, FL 33157
How Much? Admission: Adults $20 in advance online, $30 the day of the event; children 4-14 years $7, $10 at the gate, Members FREE
Here's more on the Deering Seafood Festival. For Tickets.
South Florida Seafood Festival - TBA
It's that time of the year again! Besides the freshest of deliciously prepared seafood from Cajun to Asian to Northeast chowders, there's a farmer's market for those who want to take something special home.
There's also the cooking workshops, a family fun zone with great activities for the kids and of course live music and a small art's fair.
When? TBA - 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 pm
Where? Miami Marine Stadium at 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway, Key Biscayne, FL 33149
How Much? TBA, last year General Admission $8 early bird online, $12 at the door. Kids under 10 FREE. Take advantage of online EARLY BIRD specials for substantial savings. General Admission does NOT include food and beverage. Family Pack $12 for 2 adults and unlimited kids under 12.
More Info, tickets and event schedule: www.southfloridaseafoodfestival.com/
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
Every year, the largest in-water boat show in the world comes to Fort Lauderdale, the "Yachting Capital of the World" to exhibit a vast array of the industry's latest boats and yachts of all sizes, worldwide debuts, plus a medley of marine products and accessories to enhance the nautical lifestyle.
From yacht builders and designers to exotic cars and brokerage yachts, this show has something for everyone!
When? October 27 - 31, 2021
Where? Bahia Mar Yachting Center at 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
How Much? TBA
More Info www.flibs.com.
Holidays in October
Columbus Day - A Public Holiday - Monday October 11, 2021
Columbus Day is a public holiday which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas on October 12, 1492 and celebrated on the second Monday in October in the United States.
Federal government offices are closed except for National parks.
You can expect the following to
be open and closed on Monday:
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
Public Transportation (check for special holiday schedules)
Columbus Day Weekend is a BIG boating weekend in Miami. Here's what-where-when is happening this Columbus Day Weekend 2021.
Boo! It's that time of the year in Miami! Halloween ghosts and spooky mazes, costume parties and trick-or-treating...
Here are this year's most popular Halloween events and celebrations in Miami, from pumpkin patches and pony rides
for kids, to haunted houses, live concerts and parties.
Click here for Halloween Events in Miami.
Miami Broward Junior Carnival
Kids can have their own Carnival fun too! Junior Carnival will feature a parade with over 10 participating bands and many children's activities including bounce houses and face painting.
When? October 2, 2021 - noon to 9:00 pm
Where? TBA, previously at Central Broward Regional Park at 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill, Fl, 33311, on the corner of 441 and Sunrise
How Much? $15
More Info and tickets: www.miamicarnival.org/junior-carnival/
Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival - TBA
It's pumpkins and palm trees! We might not have the crisp temperatures but yes, we can also have our own fun in the fall.
Coconut Grove puts on a fun-filled
weekend for the family, together with scarecrows, cornstalk and haybale mazes, hillbilly hay rides, and of course pumpkin galore!
Lots of activities for the kids, a Pumpkin Food Court Feast, thrilling carnival rides, bounce houses, a Pumpkin Beer Garden for mom and dad and of course your favorite fair foods!
When? Saturday and Sunday October - TBA for 2021
Where? Peacock Park in Coconut Grove at 2820 McFarlane Rd, Miami, FL 33133
How Much? TBA, previously General Admission $20, (2 years old and up) includes all carnival rides, shows and activities except pumpkin and decorating purchases which are available for an extra fee.
More Info and tickets: www.coconutgrovepumpkinpatch.com
For Miami Sports Fans This October 2021
Miami Heat Basketball Pre-Season Schedule October 2021 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? FTX Arena, formerly AmericanAirlines Arena
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
Miami Dolphins Schedule - October 2021 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
Miami Hurricanes Schedule - October 2021 Home Games and College Football Tickets
When? College Football season just starting! Get your Hurricanes season tickets now!
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $14 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
Florida Panthers Schedule - October 2021 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the BB&T Center to see first-class teams
battle it out on the ice!
Where? BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule October 2021 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where?DRV PNK Stadium (Drive Pink Stadium) formerly Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? $28 - $150 Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) Free Admission on Thursdays
Located at the National Historic Landmark Freedom Tower, Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) offers groundbreaking exhibitions and programs that aim to foster a reimagined Miami. The new initiative is designed to make art accessible to all in the community, as well as visitors.
Free admission on Thursday evenings will continue indefinitely and includes admission to the galleries of MDC Special Collections - the Kislak Center and the Cuban Legacy Gallery.
Currently on view at MOAD is The Body Electric, a major exhibition that looks at our fraught relationship to technology, particularly the increasingly inescapable interface between our bodies and screens.
When?: Thursday evenings from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where?: Museum of Art and Design at Miami Dade College Freedom Tower, 2nd Floor at 600 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.mdcmoad.org
Miami Beach Live Music Series
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District Presents Miami Beach Live Music Series. From upscale hotels, museums, restaurants to clubs Washington Avenue is the new hotspot on Miami Beach. Explore each venue or settle at one while enjoying great music from all around the world. Enjoy the best live Jazz, Latin, Blues, Reggae, Soul, Pop and Rock music in South Florida every 3rd Thursday of the month... FREE of charge!
When? Every 3rd Thursday of the month
Where? Along Washington Avenue in South Beach
How Much? FREE
More Info: Miami Beach Live Music Series.
Fantasy Theatre Factory at the Sandrell Rivers Theater Series
Fantasy Theater Factory is a non-profit organization that manages the Sandrell Rivers Theater, a state of the art black box theater in Miami. FTF places its greatest programmatic emphasis on Theater for Young Audiences which place a primary focus on childhood literacy and ecology. Other focus areas of programming include: fitness, history, diversity, self esteem, peer pressure and bullying prevention. FTF also produces cultural arts workshop residency programs that serve at-risk youth, children with disabilities and general population students.
Monthly lineups include a bi-monthly film screening series, a bi-monthly live music series, an art exhibition series and a new play competition, where playwrights can have their new works performed as staged readings in front of live audiences.
Each year FTF produces well over 500 programs, many are FREE and open to the public, some offered for a low nominal fee, in many cases if you are unable to afford a ticket, please call their box office, and they will be happy to reserve up to four (4) free tickets for your party.
When? Various throughout the month
Where? Sandrell Rivers Theater at 6103 NW 7th Ave, Miami FL 33127
How Much? Many FREE or offered for a low fee.
More Info and this month's lineup: Fantasy Theater Factory Shows.
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund