Summer is in full swing, August in Miami is hot and humid, afternoon showers are not uncommon and actually welcomed to bring a bit of relief from the blistering sun.
This is a great time to enjoy the beaches, our outdoor spaces and any water-related activities. If you're heading out
to the beach remember our turtles are nesting! Please pay special attention for any signs indicating turtle activity in the area.
If you have been putting off
that scuba certification, grab your mask and fins and get down here, our beautiful reefs are calling! The Florida Keys have reopened and dive and snorkel tours have resumed.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in August 2022 features:
- The Community Arts Program (CAP) Summer Concert Series - Jazz clarinetist Ken Peplowski, classical violinist Timothy Chooi, Brazilian jazz guitatist Chico Pinheiro and more, June 9 - August 18, 2022 at the Coral Gables Congregational Church
- Buddy Guy & John Hiatt - August 4, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- A.R. Rahman - August 5, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Escala Sonora & Rhythm Foundation present Monsieur Perineé - August 13, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- The Weeknd & Doja Cat - August 6, 2022 at Hard Rock Stadium
- Jordan Rudess - August 6, 2022 at the AmaturoTheater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Les Luthiers - August 7, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center
- Enanitos Verdes - August 11-12, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Michael Buble - August 12, 2022 at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Bad Bunny & Alesso - August 12 - 13, 2022 at Hard Rock Stadium
- War On The Catwalk - August 13, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Ed Sullivan Variety Show - August 13, 2022 at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Diplo & Moodymann - August 13, 2022 at Club Space, Miami
- Gilberto Sata Rosa - August 19, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- The Kid Laroi - August 23, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Roger Waters - August 23, 2022 at FTX Arena
- Damien Escobar - August 25, 2022 at the AmaturoTheater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Natalia Jimenez - August 26, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center
- Daddy Yankee - August 27, 2022 at FTX Arena
- Randy Rainbow - August 28, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Strokes & Thundercat - August 30, 2022 at Hard Rock Stadium
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
In the Sports Calendar:
Specially for kids and families This August 2022:
- Disney's Moana JR: a Summer Theater Camp Production - August 2, 9, 15, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Shrek The Musical JR - August 3, 10, 16, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Paw Patrol Live - August 6 - 7, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Monster Jam - August 6 - 7, 2022 at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Camp Broadway - August 8 - 12, 2022 at the Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program - mid-July - September, 2022
- Summer Savings Pass 2022 - May 27 - August 31, 2022
- Miami Children's Museum - Free admission third Friday of the month 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- More Things To Do With Children!
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
About our sea turtles and nesting on South Florida beaches
Sea turtle nesting season is here, if you are heading out to the beaches, please pay attention to nesting areas, they will
be ropped off and clearly marked, avoid getting near these areas or trampling on the eggs!
Sea turtles nest mostly after dark, females emerge from the water in search for a spot to lay their eggs.
They need their peace and quiet, give them a wide berth.
It is against the law to disturb turtles, nesting or otherwise, their eggs and their hatchlings!
You can learn more about sea turtles and how they nest.
Activities, Tours, Attractions that are OPEN
It's time to get out! You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Enjoy a Biscayne Bay Cruise:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours:
- Segway Tours are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running daily
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Kaseya Center (FTX Arena)
September 28 - 29, 2023
Kaseya Center (FTX Arena)
October 14, 2023
August 2022 Highlight Events in Miami
Miami Spa Month - July 1st to August 31, 2022
For two full months, Miami Spa Month features a world of indulgence and relaxation at some of our internationally renowned spas
with incredible savings for
everyone with packages starting at only $99.
So get ready to unwind...
Our unique and diverse treatments await.. mango body scrubs... organic fusion facials... the Miami Mojito Massagge... the Beach
Beautiful Package... this is the month to experience it all!
Whether a full Spa Day or simply a calming and relaxing massage, a mani-pedi, a revitalizing facial... here are some fantastic deals and spa packages, some over 50% off!
Miami Spice - August 1st to September 30, 2022
Treat yourself! It's restaurant month in Miami!
During Miami Spice, the city's top eateries showcase
their signature dishes and award winning chefs with incredible 3-course set lunch or dinner packages that
make it easy and affordable for all to try the best of Miami's delectable cuisine.
Luxury Dining Set Prices: Lunch $28, Dinner $42
More info: Check this year's participating restaurants at Miami Spice Monthly Deals.
Miami For Kids And Families This August 2022
Sea Turtle Nesting and Release Program
This is a fantastic program conducted by Miami Dade Parks which aims to educate the public about the plight of the sea turtles.
Our beaches are one of the largest nesting grounds for sea turtles every year. Nesting and hatching season is from May through October, when
the parks are actively engaged in protecting them.
Come and learn about their activities, the life of the turtles, the constant threats, and then come out to the beach and
watch the hatchlings as they are released and quickly dash across the sand and into the ocean.
Here's more on the Endangered Sea Turtle and the Turtle Awareness Program.
When? Wednesdays (at Haulover Park) and Fridays (at Crandon Park) from mid-July to September - 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm Hatchling release to begin in mid-July.
Where? Crandon Park Visitors and Nature Center and Haulover Park
How Much? TBA, prior years $10 per participant
You MUST make reservations, which can be made starting July 1st. The sooner the better, they sell-out fast! Call 305-361-6767 ext. 121 or check their FB page for more info.
Summer Savings Pass 2023
This is a great savings pass for unlimited visits to
How Much? Adults $65.99, Children (3 - 12) $55.99, all summer long! (plus tax)
Pass is valid from May 17 through August 31, 2023 and can be purchased online through any of the above participating parks. If you are an annual pass member to any of them check for additional discounts you might be entitled for the Summer Savings Pass.
More info: www.summersavingspass.com
For Miami Sports Fans This August 2022
Miami Dolphins Schedule - August 2022 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? Pre-Season just starting!
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Dolphins Tickets at Groupon from $12 for Pre-Season games.
Miami Marlins Schedule - August 2022 Home Games and Baseball Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? IoanDepot Park formerly Marlins Park, 501 Marlins Way (NW 16th Avenue), Miami, Florida 33125
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $11 but you have to be quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Marlins Tickets at Groupon $15
Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule August 2022 Home Games
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? DRV PNK Stadium (Drive Pink Stadium) formerly Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? $28 - $150 Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Miami Museums Free Days
Many Miami museums regularly offer free admission days, so take advantage and save if you can!
Here are some of the offerings, and be sure to double check for updates or changes with each venue before you head out.
For our Residents, if you have a Miami Dade Library Card, check out the FREE Museum Pass Program where you can get passes to many of the most popular museums and attractions in the city. Passes are good for a family of 4 and can be easily "checked out" with your library card. Passes are first-come-first-served and as you can imagine, some of the most popular ones get snatched as soon as they become available, each library branch gets a limited number of passes for each attraction.
The Museum Pass Program offers free entry to the following:
- Deering Estate
- Miami Children's Museum
- Perez Art Museum (PAMM)
- Frost Museum of Science
- Frost Art Museum
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Zoo Miami
- Lowe Art Museum
- The Bass
- Fruit and Spice Park
- ... and many more!
Fantasy Theatre Factory at the Sandrell Rivers Theater Series
Fantasy Theater Factory is a non-profit organization that manages the Sandrell Rivers Theater, a state of the art black box theater in Miami. FTF places its greatest programmatic emphasis on Theater for Young Audiences which place a primary focus on childhood literacy and ecology. Other focus areas of programming include: fitness, history, diversity, self esteem, peer pressure and bullying prevention. FTF also produces cultural arts workshop residency programs that serve at-risk youth, children with disabilities and general population students.
Monthly lineups include a bi-monthly film screening series, a bi-monthly live music series, an art exhibition series and a new play competition, where playwrights can have their new works performed as staged readings in front of live audiences.
Each year FTF produces well over 500 programs, many are FREE and open to the public, some offered for a low nominal fee, in many cases if you are unable to afford a ticket, please call their box office, and they will be happy to reserve up to four (4) free tickets for your party.
When? Various throughout the month
Where? Sandrell Rivers Theater at 6103 NW 7th Ave, Miami FL 33127
How Much? Many FREE or offered for a low fee.
More Info and this month's lineup: Fantasy Theater Factory Shows.
Miami Events By Month