January in Miami is time for the outdoors to enjoy the marvelous weather and so we kick off 2022 with an array of outdoor festivals
and exciting entertainment which are back in person this year: Art Deco Weekend and South Beach Jazz Festival are on and you still have time to catch the tail end of the holiday lights and festivals which come to a close early in the month.
For our nature lovers, this is the perfect time
to get out and soak it all up, our State and National Parks are teeming with wildlife, enjoy!
January 2022 Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in January 2022 features:
- Kinky Boots - December 17, 2021 - January 2, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Hairspray - December 28, 2021 - January 2, 2022 at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Umphrey's McGee - December 30, 2021 - January 1, 2022 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Shawn Wayans - December 30, 2021 - January 1, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Shen Yun Performing Arts - January 4 - 9, 2022 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Tim Allen - January 6, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- South Beach Jazz Festival Opening Night: Blind Boys of Alabama - January 7, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Luenell - January 7 - 9, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Jared Freid - January 8, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Symphony of the Americas - Salzburg in Florida - January 11, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Tootsie - The Musical - January 11 - 23, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Gold Coast Jazz: Shelly Berg Trio - January 12, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Anjelah Johnson - January 13 - 16, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Tapestry: A Tribute to Carole King - January 13, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Erasure - January 14, 2022 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Scarborough Fair: A Simon & Garfunkel Experience - January 14, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Miami Comedy Festival: Mike Epps - January 14, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The Floozies - January 15, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Frankie Negron & Charlie Cruz - January 15, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Disco Divas: A Tribute to Diana Ross & Donna Summers - January 15, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Miami Comedy Festival: Sommore, Arnez J, Lavell Crawford, Tony Rock & Tommy Davidson - January 15, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Shosana Bean - January 16, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Puddles Pity Party - January 16, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Jay Moreno - January 19, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- South Florida Symphony Orchestra Presents Tchaikovsky's Pathétique and World Premiere of Gottsch's Princess Yurievskaya - January 20, 2022 at the Temple Israel of Greater Miami
- Ricardo Montaner & Noel Shajris - January 21, 2022 at FTX Arena
- Well-Strung - January 22, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Nu Deco Ensemble - January 22, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Smokey & Me: A Celebration of Smokey Robinson - January 23, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Gold Coast Jazz: Kenny Barron Trio - January 25, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Johnny Mathis - January 26, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Jon Polar Bear Gonzalez - January 27, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Randy Rainbow - January 27, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Billy Joel - January 28, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Caifanes - January 28, 2022 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Harry Connick Jr. - January 28, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- OG Garage A Trois - January 28, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Wynonna Judd - January 28, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Jay and the Americans - January 28, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Scooby-Doo! And The Lost City Of Gold - January 29, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Candlelight Ballet: Tchaikovsky & More - January 29, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- The Everly Brothers Experience - January 29, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Big Band Of Brothers - January 29, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- The Alan Parsons Live Project - January 30, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
In the Sports Calendar:
Specially for kids and families This January 2022:
Holidays This Month:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Kaseya Center (FTX Arena)
September 28 - 29, 2023
Kaseya Center (FTX Arena)
October 14, 2023
January 2022 Highlight Events in Miami
Art Deco Weekend 2022
Hosted by the Miami Design Preservation League, the Art Deco Weekend is a tribute to the Art Deco era and on a normal year, it involves a series of
top notch events over a three-day weekend including Classic Cars, the Parade, Fashion Shows, children's performances, Films and Lectures, Live Music, Antiques, Street Festivals and more.
In addition, the League sponsors an array of great specialty tours offered uniquely during the weekend.
When? Friday to Sunday, January 14 - 16, 2022
Where? Ocean Drive
How Much? Most of the events at the Art Deco Weekend are FREE, with the exception of the Specialty Tours.
Here's more on the Art Deco Weekend and this year's full program.
South Beach Jazz Festival
A jazz festival unlike any other, the South Beach Jazz Festival will take pride in featuring talented musicians with disabilities.
The festival takes place throughout various venues on Miami Beach, and will be
a combination of ticketed concerts as well as free performances open to the public.
When? Friday through Sunday January 7 - 9, 2022
Where? Several venues. Performances will take place on stages set up throughout Lincoln Road, the North Beach Bandshell and at the Faena Theater
How Much? Free performances and ticketed concerts from $35.
More Info and Full Line Up at www.SoBeJazz.com
The Original Miami Beach Antique Show
The Original Miami Beach Antique Show plays host to nearly 700 domestic and international vendors of antiques, art, furniture, home décor, vintage fashion, jewelry, watches, silver and collectables.
With brands such as Cartier, Chanel, Rolex, Hermes, David Webb, Van Clef & Arpels, Georg Jensen and many more, the Original Miami Beach Antique Show is a veritable treasure hunt of one-of-a-kind finds.
When? January 20 - 23, 2022
Where? Miami Beach Convention Center
How Much? $20 Your ticket gives you access to all four days of the show
More Info originalmiamibeachantiqueshow.com
Chocolate Garden at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens
Calling all chocolate lovers! This weekend is all about chocolate at the Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens.
Featuring cooking demonstrations and samplings as well as lots of activities for kids, learn how chocolate is made and hundreds of
ways to cook with chocolate.
When? Saturday and Sunday January 15 - 16, 2022 - 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Where? Fairchild Tropical Botanical Gardens
How Much? Included in Garden admission $24.95 for adults, $17.95 seniors +65, $15.95 Students, $11.95 children 6-17
Free for Fairchild Members.
More info and event schedule: www.fairchildgarden.org
NightGarden a Magical Light Spectacular
An enchanted, illuminated experience full of fantasy and wonderment where things like the Wise Talking Tree, Flying Fairies and a Sunflower Maze come to life.
Come and marvel at unbelievable live effects such as holographic butterflies and floating orchids throughout multiple acres of dazzling magic.
When? Select dates Thursdays thru Sundays, exact dates TBA November 2023 to January 2024
Where? Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens at 10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, FL 33156
How Much? General Admission $35, Children 10 and under $30, plus service fees. Discounts for Fairchild members, students, senior, military, group (min. 6) bundle available.
More info and tickets: Nightgarden Magical Light Spectacular
Miami For Kids And Families This January 2022
Santa's Echanted Forest
The largest Christmas-Themed Amusement Park and Carnival is back with its millions of dazzling lights, South Florida's tallest christmas tree, and the carnival rides for little ones and those wanting a little more extreme.
Santa's new home in Doral is bigger than ever with more than 40 acres of attractions, plus 3 entrances and expansive parking. It is a huge
sprawling lively event, just coming to see the lights is worth the trip. Tons of entertainment for kids and families round it all up.
There are the many
live shows, games, magic acts, mazes, all sorts of rides, from carrousels to roller coasters and drop towers and of course, the carnival food!
When? November 9, 2023 - January 7, 2024
Where? 7400 NW 87th Avenue, Miami, Florida 33166
How Much? Adults (9-64) $44.86, Children (3-8) and Seniors 65+ $36.45. Season Passes, military discounts, group discounts and express passes available.
More Info: Santa's Enchanted Forest
Winterland at the Farm
With this 60-degree weather, what better way to warm up and get ready into the holiday spirit with family and friends than with
some Snow, Holiday Treats, Hot chocolate and much more while you can meet Santa Claus, Nix the Snowman and Sprinkle the Gingerbread Cookie
at a beautiful illuminated Forest.
Holiday treats, hay rides, paddleboat rides, Santa, pony rides, and many more activities for kids!
When?: Thursdays through Sundays late November to early January
Where?: Pinto Farm at 14890 SW 216 Street, Miami, FL 33170
How Much?: $34.99, children under one free, includes paddle boat rides, tractor rides, pony rides, race track, petting zoo, hay maze, and of course you get to meet Santa.
More info: www.pintofarm.com
Nights of Lights at Pinecrest Gardens
Pinecrest Gardens transforms into a winter wonderland dotted by thousands of twinkling lights that go up, through and around the whimsical botanical landscape. This year they are adding a whole new section of sparkling holiday lights and a bigger than last year's holiday-themed maze in the gardens.
Eat yummy treats, have a signature Pinecrest Gardens cocktail and enjoy magical Story Time with Mrs. Claus. Stay tuned for Santa Claus special appearances.
On select evenings, admission includes a holiday concert performance in the historic Banyan Bowl.
When? TBA mid-December to early January - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Where? Pinecrest Gardens at 11000 Red Road, Pinecrest, Florida 33156
How Much? $15 - $20
More info, tickets and Schedule of Events at the Banyan Bowl: www.pinecrestgardens.org
Family Fun Fest at Biscayne National Park
Family Fun Fest is a FREE program at Biscayne National Park brought to you thanks to the many volunteers and park sponsors.
It is held on the second Sunday of the month during the
"dry and cool" season, December through April with lots of fun and educational activities for kids and adults alike.
When? TO BE CONFIRMED - 1:00pm to 4:00 pm
Where? Biscayne National Park - Dante Fascell Visitor Center
How Much? FREE!
More info: Biscayne National Park Family Fun Fest
For Miami Sports Fans This January 2022
Miami Heat Basketball Schedule January 2022 Home Games and Tickets
When? See Home Game Schedule below
Where? FTX Arena, formerly AmericanAirlines Arena
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick!
›› Find Tickets
›› Check for great discounts for Miami Heat Tickets at Groupon!!!
Miami Dolphins Schedule - December 2021 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick!
›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Dolphins Tickets at Groupon from $12 for Pre-Season games.
Florida Panthers Schedule - January 2022 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? FLA Live Arena formerly BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick!
›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Panthers Tickets from $33 at Groupon.
January 2022 Public Holidays
New Year's Day - January 1, 2022
New Year's Day, is a public holiday throughout the country. Federal government offices and schools are closed on New Year's Day and store hours and restaurant and businesses holiday schedules may vary.
You can expect the following to
be open and closed on New Year's Day:
(check for special holiday schedules)
Shopping Centers and Malls
Most Fast Food and Restaurants
Public Transportation (Limited schedules and routes)
National, State and Regional Parks
Check out New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Events in Miami
Martin Luther King's Birthday January 17, 2022
This is a public holiday held on the third Monday in January. It celebrates the life of Martin Luther King Jr., a civil rights leader that fought
for racial equality in the United States.
The following will be
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the second or third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
When? Second or third Saturday of the month
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
Miami Museums Free Days
Many Miami museums regularly offer free admission days, so take advantage and save if you can!
Here are some of the offerings, and be sure to double check for updates or changes with each venue before you head out.
For our Residents, if you have a Miami Dade Library Card, check out the FREE Museum Pass Program where you can get passes to many of the most popular museums and attractions in the city. Passes are good for a family of 4 and can be easily "checked out" with your library card. Passes are first-come-first-served and as you can imagine, some of the most popular ones get snatched as soon as they become available, each library branch gets a limited number of passes for each attraction.
The Museum Pass Program offers free entry to the following:
- Deering Estate
- Miami Children's Museum
- Perez Art Museum (PAMM)
- Frost Museum of Science
- Frost Art Museum
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Zoo Miami
- Lowe Art Museum
- The Bass
- Fruit and Spice Park
- ... and many more!
Fantasy Theatre Factory at the Sandrell Rivers Theater Series
Fantasy Theater Factory is a non-profit organization that manages the Sandrell Rivers Theater, a state of the art black box theater in Miami. FTF places its greatest programmatic emphasis on Theater for Young Audiences which place a primary focus on childhood literacy and ecology. Other focus areas of programming include: fitness, history, diversity, self esteem, peer pressure and bullying prevention. FTF also produces cultural arts workshop residency programs that serve at-risk youth, children with disabilities and general population students.
Monthly lineups include a bi-monthly film screening series, a bi-monthly live music series, an art exhibition series and a new play competition, where playwrights can have their new works performed as staged readings in front of live audiences.
Each year FTF produces well over 500 programs, many are FREE and open to the public, some offered for a low nominal fee, in many cases if you are unable to afford a ticket, please call their box office, and they will be happy to reserve up to four (4) free tickets for your party.
When? Various throughout the month
Where? Sandrell Rivers Theater at 6103 NW 7th Ave, Miami FL 33127
How Much? Many FREE or offered for a low fee.
More Info and this month's lineup: Fantasy Theater Factory Shows.
Miami Events By Month