Latest on Coronavirus:
Events may be cancelled / postponed / rescheduled due to the current Coronavirus health precautions. Please check with event organizers for updates.
Miami in October celebrates several exciting festivals and holidays: The Columbus Day Regatta,
the Miami-Broward Carnival, one of the most colorful and
vibrant expressions of Caribbean culture, and of course goblins and witches come out as Halloween approaches...
October brings also the opening of Stone Crab season and with it some splendid seafood festivals that are much anticipated by all, the Deering Seafood Festival and SoBe Seafood Week will be delighting seafoodies this month.
As stadiums and entertainment venues have reopened, our sports and concerts calendar is slowly filling back up. That said, Covid-19 continues to present challenging circumstances and the status of the many events scheduled for October may change at the last minute. Always double-check with the organizers prior to purchasing tickets or heading out to the events.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in October 2022
- Maxwell - October 1, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- T.J. Miller - October 1, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Sebastian Yatra - October 1, 2022 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Ladies R&B Kickback Concert - October 1, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Lasso - October 2, 2022 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Lil Nas X - October 4, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Panic! At The Disco - October 4, 2022 at at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Lady A - October 6, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Banda Melim - October 7, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Ben Platt - October 7, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Arielle - October 7, 2022 at the Abdo New River Room at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Shawn Mendes & Tate McRae - October 8, 2022 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Benise - October 8, 2022 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Smashing Pumpkins & Jane's Addiction - October 8, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Siudy Flamenco: A Dos - October 8 - 9, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Fito Paez - October 8, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Florida Chamber Orchestra: Marlene Urbay - Spanish Extravagance - October 9, 2022 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Il Volo - October 9, 2022 at at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Six The Musical - October 11 - 23, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Ibeyi - October 12, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Magic Mike Live - The Tour - Miami - October 13, 2022 - April 9, 2023 at Miami Marine Stadium
- Rob Anderson - October 13, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Whitney - October 14, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Freestyle Free For All - October 14, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Jeff Ross - October 14 - 16, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Chris Stapleton, Elle King & Morgan Wade - October 15, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Little Shop of Horrors - October 15 - 30, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- R&B Music Experience: Keith Sweat, Monica, Tevin Campbell, Tamar Braxton, 112 & Silk - October 16, 2022 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Pitbull - October 19 - 20, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Corey Holcomb - October 20 - 22, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Mother Mother - October 21, 2022 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Miami City Ballet: Romeo and Juliet - October 21 - 23, 2022 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Myriam Hernandez - October 21, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Havasi - October 22, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Diego El Cigala - October 22, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Southern Soul Music Fest - October 23, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Gorillaz - October 23, 2022 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Hippo Campus - October 25, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Greta Van Fleet - October 25, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Six The Musical - October 25 - 30, 2022 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Jimmy Dore - October 26, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Daniel Howell - October 27, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Silvestre Dangond - October 28, 2022 at FTX Arena (formerly AmericanAirlines Arena)
- Banda MS - October 28, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Sanluis - October 29, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Demi Lovato - October 30, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Holidays in October
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 10, 2022. This is a bank holiday. Schools and government offices will be closed but commercial establishments remain open.
- Halloween - Monday, October 31, 2022, parties and events ongoing throughout the month
In the Sports Calendar:
Things To Do This October, the following have reopen:
It's time to get out! Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The Deering Estate is OPEN and hikes, kayak rentals and Biscayne Bay Cruises have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Specially for kids and families This October 2022:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Au-Rene Theater at the BCPA
Nov 22 to Dec 11, 2022
December 18, 2022
Adrienne Arsht Center
Feb 15 - Mar 5, 2023
October 2022 Highlight Events in Miami
Columbus Day Weekend - October 7 - 10, 2022
Columbus Day celebrates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas on October 12, 1492 and is observed
in the United States on the second Monday of October. Columbus Day is a bank holiday and this year will be on October 10, 2022.
Columbus Day Weekend is a huge boating event in Miami.
Originally, the center of the celebrations were the Columbus
Day Regatta races commemorating the voyages of discovery.
Through the years, the event has given way to a massive Mardi Grass-like boating party that has drifted towards the banks
of Elliot Key for a weekend jammed with boaters on (and in) the water, loud music, heavy drinking and clothing optional everything-goes crowd. The Elliott Key revelry is NOT part of the Regatta activities.
Here's more on this year's Columbus Day Weekend Events
Miami-Broward Carnival Parade and Concert - October 7 - 9, 2022
Steel bands, colorful masquerades, flashy costumes, hot music, concerts, stage shows, cultural performances...
all celebrate the spirit and vitality of Caribbean island culture.
This is a week-long celebration that culminates on Sunday when the
grand finale events, the parade, concerts and costume competitions are planned.
A "Junior Carnival" is also held which include many family-friendly activities the weekend before, this year on October 1st at the Central Broward Regional Park.
- Friday October 7, 2022 - Steelband Panorama Competition - 5:00 pm to midnight pm at Central Broward Regional Park
- Saturday October 8, 2022 - Official J'Ouvert - 7:00 am to 3:00 pm at Miami Dade County Fairgrounds (The Fair)
- Sunday October 9, 2022 - Parade of the Bands, Concerts, Kings, Queens & Individuals costume competitions - 11:00 am to 11:00 pm - Miami Dade County Fairgrounds (The Fair) at 10901 SW 24th Street, Miami FL 33165
How Much? $25-$50 buy online, VIP $200 Tickets are also available for the different events throughout the week.
More Info and tickets: www.miamicarnival.com
Redland International Orchid Show
Over 50 booths of colorful blooms at this 3-day event which features the largest annual orchid show in the country.
Along with the beautiful and exotic flowers there will be supplies for sale, lectures by experts in the field, raffles
and a great atmosphere to enjoy all sorts of international delicacies.
When? October 7 - 9, 2022
Where? Fruit & Spice Park in Homestead: 24801 SW 187th Ave. Homestead FL 33031
How Much? $10
More Info: Redland Fruit and Spice Park.
SOBE Seafood Week - October 19 - 22, 2022
The week kicks off Miami's renowned annual Stone Crab season every October.
It has expanded beyond the main showcase fest on Saturday to a week of delectable events, South Beach Seafood Week, starting on Wednesday October 21 and featuring
interactive cooking experiences, an Evening at Joe's and Chef Showdowns and culinary battles.
In the sands of South Beach, the main festival grounds on Saturday October 24 will be surrounded by mini cafes from signature local restaurants, multiple bars, a live entertainement stage, interactive zones, and more.
The selected restaurants will have splendid garden seating and showcase 2-3 generous portions
of their signature menu dishes of choice that are priced between $5 and $10.
When? October 19 - 22, 2022
- An Evening at Joe's - Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- Crabs, Slabs & Cabs at the Shore Club Hotel - Thursday, October 20, 2022
- VIP Chef Showdown at Lummus Park at 12th Street and Ocean - Friday, October 21, 2022
- SOBE Seafood Fest at Lummus Park at 14th Street and Ocean - Saturday, October 22, 2022
More Info, tickets and events schedule: www.sobeseafoodfest.com
NASCAR Ford Championship Weekend October 22 - 23, 2022
A must weekend for NASCAR afficionados. The Speedway's race weekend will once again feature a full slate of exhilarating racing and exciting entertainment as two of NASCAR's national series come to South Florida.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series - Saturday October 22, 2022
- Dixie Vodka 400 NASCAR Cup Series - Sunday October 23, 2022
Where?: Homestead-Miami Speedway, 1 Speedway Boulevard, Homestead, FL 33035
How Much?: Single Day Tickets $35 - $140
›› NASCAR Ford Championship Weekend
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show - October 26 - 30, 2022
Every year, the largest in-water boat show in the world comes to Fort Lauderdale, the "Yachting Capital of the World" to exhibit a vast array of the industry's latest boats and yachts of all sizes, worldwide debuts, plus a medley of marine products and accessories to enhance the nautical lifestyle.
From yacht builders and designers to exotic cars and brokerage yachts, this show has something for everyone!
When? October 26 - 30, 2022
Where? Bahia Mar Yachting Center at 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
How Much? $39, child (6-15) $15, two-day and Prime-time and VIP tickets available
More Info www.flibs.com.
Miami International Auto Show
In 1971, Datsun introduced the 240Z, gasoline was 36 cents a gallon and the Miami lnternational Auto Show launched its first exhibition. Today, this same show is recognized as one of the largest and most prestigious in the nation.
A venue for national product introductions, the auto show showcases more than a thousand new vehicles from over 40 manufacturers from around the world - a collection that auto enthusiasts wait all year to see.
This signature South Florida event is back with popular returning exhibits, including Memory Lane celebrating nostalgia of the 50s and Ride & Drive where you are more than an spectator and take the wheel!
When?: October 15 - 23, 2022
Where?: Miami Beach Convention Center
How Much?: Adults $15.00, Children 6-12 $6.00, Children under 6 Free.
›› More Info www.miamiautoshow.com
Holidays in October
Columbus Day - A Public Holiday - Monday October 10, 2022
Columbus Day is a public holiday which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas on October 12, 1492 and celebrated on the second Monday in October in the United States.
Federal government offices are closed except for National parks.
You can expect the following to
be open and closed on Monday:
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
Public Transportation (check for special holiday schedules)
Columbus Day Weekend is a BIG boating weekend in Miami. Here's what-where-when is happening this Columbus Day Weekend 2022.
Boo! It's that time of the year in Miami! Halloween ghosts and spooky mazes, costume parties and trick-or-treating...
Here are this year's most popular Halloween events and celebrations in Miami, from pumpkin patches and pony rides
for kids, to haunted houses, live concerts and parties.
Click here for Halloween Events in Miami.
Fun For Kids and Families
Pumpkin Patch at Pinto's Farm
One of the best Pumpkin Patches in Miami with plenty of entertainment for the whole family! Admission includes Pumpkin, unlimited rides, magic shows, pumpkin patch walkthrough, pedal boat ride, tractor ride, race karts, pony rides, playground, walk-through around the farm to meet our animals
When?:Weekends in October 2022
Where?: Pinto's Farm at Redland Citrus Orchards: 14890 SW 216 Street, Miami, FL 33170 across the street from Monkey Jungle
How Much?: $27.99 all ages, under 2 FREE
More info: Pumpkin Patch at Pinto's Farm
Miami Broward Junior Carnival
Kids can have their own Carnival fun too! Junior Carnival will feature a parade with over 10 participating bands and many children's activities including bounce houses and face painting.
When? October 1, 2022 - 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Where? Central Broward Regional Park at 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill, Fl, 33311, on the corner of 441 and Sunrise
How Much? $15 (early bird)
More Info and tickets: www.miamicarnival.org/junior-carnival/
Pumpkin Patch at Little Farm Miami Dade
What?: Pumpkin Patch, Animal Interactions, Hay Maze, Kids Play Field, Photo Ops, Butterfly Garden, Local Food Vendors. Pony Rides $2.00 Additional – 54" & under
When?: Weekends October 8 - 30, 2022 - 10:00am – 4:00pm, fall decorations until end of November
Where?: The Little Farm, entrance at the back of the property off 222 ST and 137 AVE - Follow the Yellow Flag!
How Much?: $12 per person, Pony Rides $2.00 Additional – 54" & under, pumpkins available for purchase
More info: Pumpkin Patch at the Little Farm, or their FB page here.
For Miami Sports Fans This October 2022
Miami Heat Basketball Pre-Season Schedule October 2022 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? FTX Arena, formerly AmericanAirlines Arena
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Heat Tickets at Groupon from $14!!!
Miami Dolphins Schedule - October 2022 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Dolphins Tickets at Groupon from $8.
Miami Hurricanes Schedule - October 2022 Home Games and College Football Tickets
When? College Football season just starting! Get your Hurricanes season tickets now!
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $14 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Hurricanes Tickets at Groupon from $18.
Florida Panthers Schedule - October 2022 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the BB&T Center to see first-class teams
battle it out on the ice!
When? See Home Schedule below
Where? BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Panthers Tickets at Groupon.
Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule October 2022 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where?DRV PNK Stadium (Drive Pink Stadium) formerly Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? $28 - $150 Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the second or third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
When? Second or third Saturday of the month
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Miami Museums Free Days
Many Miami museums regularly offer free admission days, so take advantage and save if you can!
Here are some of the offerings, and be sure to double check for updates or changes with each venue before you head out.
For our Residents, if you have a Miami Dade Library Card, check out the FREE Museum Pass Program where you can get passes to many of the most popular museums and attractions in the city. Passes are good for a family of 4 and can be easily "checked out" with your library card. Passes are first-come-first-served and as you can imagine, some of the most popular ones get snatched as soon as they become available, each library branch gets a limited number of passes for each attraction.
The Museum Pass Program offers free entry to the following:
- Deering Estate
- Miami Children's Museum
- Perez Art Museum (PAMM)
- Frost Museum of Science
- Frost Art Museum
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Zoo Miami
- Lowe Art Museum
- The Bass
- Fruit and Spice Park
- ... and many more!
Fantasy Theatre Factory at the Sandrell Rivers Theater Series
Fantasy Theater Factory is a non-profit organization that manages the Sandrell Rivers Theater, a state of the art black box theater in Miami. FTF places its greatest programmatic emphasis on Theater for Young Audiences which place a primary focus on childhood literacy and ecology. Other focus areas of programming include: fitness, history, diversity, self esteem, peer pressure and bullying prevention. FTF also produces cultural arts workshop residency programs that serve at-risk youth, children with disabilities and general population students.
Monthly lineups include a bi-monthly film screening series, a bi-monthly live music series, an art exhibition series and a new play competition, where playwrights can have their new works performed as staged readings in front of live audiences.
Each year FTF produces well over 500 programs, many are FREE and open to the public, some offered for a low nominal fee, in many cases if you are unable to afford a ticket, please call their box office, and they will be happy to reserve up to four (4) free tickets for your party.
When? Various throughout the month
Where? Sandrell Rivers Theater at 6103 NW 7th Ave, Miami FL 33127
How Much? Many FREE or offered for a low fee.
More Info and this month's lineup: Fantasy Theater Factory Shows.
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund