Miami in October celebrates several exciting festivals and holidays: The Columbus Day Regatta,
the Miami-Broward Carnival, one of the most colorful and
vibrant expressions of Caribbean culture, and of course goblins and witches come out as Halloween approaches...
October brings also the opening of Stone Crab season and with it some splendid seafood festivals that are much anticipated by all, the SoBe Seafood Week will be delighting foodies this month.
As stadiums and entertainment venues have reopened, our sports and concerts calendar is fuller than ever: Jonas Brothers, Depeche Mode, Luis Miguel, Chicago, Mana and more are in town this October.
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in October 2023
- Magical Candlelight Concerts in Miami featuring: Tribute to Queen, Ed Sheeran, From Bach to the Beatles, Classic Rock On Strings, Tchaikovsky and many more - Multiple dates
- Chris Redd - September 29 - October 1, 2023 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Carin Leon - October 1, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - October 1, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Elevation Worship - October 3, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Titas - October 3, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Chicago - The Band - October 4, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Christian Johnson - October 5, 2023 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Jon Pardi - October 5, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Nu Deco Ensemble - October 6 - 7, 2023 at The Citadel at 8300 NE 2nd Avenue Miami, FL 33138
- The Reunion Tour: Kirk Franklin, Tye Tribbett, The Clark Sisters, David and Tamela Mann & Israel Houghton - October 6, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Matt Rife - October 6, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Christian Nodal - October 7, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Ken Jeong - October 7, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Los Temerarios - October 8, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Morrissey - October 8, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Annie The Musical - October 10 - 22, 2023 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Luis Miguel - October 11 and 13, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Bert Kreischer - October 12, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Depeche Mode - October 12, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Becky Robinson - October 12, 2023 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Ali Siddiq - October 13 - 15, 2023 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Jonas Brothers - October 14, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Benise - October 14, 2023 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Sin Bandera - October 14, 2023 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Into The Woods - October 14 - 29, 2023 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Grupo Frontera - October 15, 2023 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- The 1975 - October 17, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- III Points Music Festival - October 20 - 22, 2023 at Mana Wynwood Production Village
- Aerosmith & The Black Crowes - October 20, 2023 at at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Maz Jobrani - October 21 - 22, 2023 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Keith Urban - October 21, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Andres Calamaro - October 21, 2023 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Pedro Capo - October 22, 2023 at the North Beach Bandshell, Miami Beach
- Alejandro Fernandez - October 22, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Rainere Martin - The Donna Summer Experience - October 27, 2023 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Magic City Blues Festival: King George, Tucka, Pokey Bear, Lenny Williams & Theodis Ealey - October 27, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Meme Solis - October 28, 2023 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Miami City Ballet: Fall Mix - October 28 - 29, 2023 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Carlos Vives - October 28, 2023 at Kaseya Center (formerly FTX Arena)
- Sammy Hagar and the Circle - October 29, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Florence Foresti - October 29, 2023 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Mana - October 31, 2023 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Holidays in October
- Columbus Day - Monday, October 9, 2023. This is a bank holiday. Schools and government offices will be closed but commercial establishments remain open.
- Halloween - Tuesday, October 31, 2023, parties and events ongoing throughout the month
In the Sports Calendar:
Specially for kids and families This October 2023:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Kaseya Center (FTX Arena)
September 28 - 29, 2023
Kaseya Center (FTX Arena)
October 14, 2023
Attractions and Things To Do This October
It's time to get out! You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Enjoy a Biscayne Bay Cruise:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Biking, Camping.
- Snorkeling Boats in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours:
- Segway Tours are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running daily
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
October 2023 Highlight Events in Miami
Columbus Day Weekend - October 6 - 9, 2023
Columbus Day celebrates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas on October 12, 1492 and is observed
in the United States on the second Monday of October. Columbus Day is a bank holiday and this year will be on October 9, 2023.
Columbus Day Weekend is a huge boating event in Miami.
Originally, the center of the celebrations were the Columbus
Day Regatta races commemorating the voyages of discovery.
Through the years, the event has given way to a massive Mardi Grass-like boating party that has drifted towards the banks
of Elliot Key for a weekend jammed with boaters on (and in) the water, loud music, heavy drinking and clothing optional everything-goes crowd. The Elliott Key revelry is NOT part of the Regatta activities.
Here's more on this year's Columbus Day Weekend Events
Seasonal brews on tap, live music, beer games, scrumptious food, stein hoisting and more await at this long weekend Beer Festival!
Mark your calendars for Wynwood's Octoberfest presented by Samuel Adams! Returning for its 13th year, the three-day festival, which takes place at the Wynwood Marketplace, will turn the vibrant neighborhood of Wynwood into a fusion of the world's largest beer festival. Get your official Octoberfest Party Pack featuring authentic Bavarian goodies and official Samuel Adams treats!
Guests must be 21+
When? September 29 - October 1, 2023
Where? Wynwood Marketplace
How Much? Entry is FREE, you can purchase Festive party packs for $16 which include beer ticket, authentic stein mug, Sam Adams key chain and Octoberfest hat.
More Info: www.wynwoodoctoberfest.com.
Miami-Broward Carnival Parade and Concert - October 6 - 8, 2023
Steel bands, colorful masquerades, flashy costumes, hot music, concerts, stage shows, cultural performances...
all celebrate the spirit and vitality of Caribbean island culture.
This is a week-long celebration that culminates on Sunday when the
grand finale events, the parade, concerts and costume competitions are planned.
A "Junior Carnival" is also held which include many family-friendly activities the weekend before, this year on September 30, 2023
- Friday October 6, 2023 - Steelband Panorama Competition - 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Central Broward Regional Park, Lauderhill
- Saturday October 7, 2023 - Official J'Ouvert - 7:00 am to 3:00 pm at Central Broward Regional Park, Lauderhill
- Sunday October 8, 2023 - Parade of the Bands, Concerts, Kings, Queens & Individuals costume competitions - 11:00 am to 11:00 pm at Miami Dade County Fair & Expo
How Much? $25-$50 buy online, VIP $200 Tickets are also available for the different events throughout the week.
More Info and tickets: www.miamicarnival.com
SOBE Seafood Week - October 18 - 21, 2023
The week kicks off Miami's renowned annual Stone Crab season every October.
It has expanded beyond the main showcase fest on Saturday to a week of delectable events, South Beach Seafood Week, starting on Wednesday October 21 and featuring
interactive cooking experiences, an Evening at Joe's and Chef Showdowns and culinary battles.
In the sands of South Beach, the main festival grounds on Saturday October 24 will be surrounded by mini cafes from signature local restaurants, multiple bars, a live entertainement stage, interactive zones, and more.
The selected restaurants will have splendid garden seating and showcase 2-3 generous portions
of their signature menu dishes of choice that are priced between $5 and $10.
When? October 18 - 21, 2023
- An Evening at Joe's - Wednesday, October 18, 2023
- Crabs, Slabs & Cabs at the Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel - Thursday, October 19, 2023
- VIP Chef Showdown at Lummus Park at 12th Street and Ocean - Friday, October 20, 2023
- SOBE Seafood Fest at Lummus Park at 12th Street and Ocean - Saturday, October 21, 2023
More Info, tickets and events schedule: www.sobeseafoodfest.com
NASCAR Ford Championship Weekend October 21 - 22, 2023
A must weekend for NASCAR afficionados. The Speedway's race weekend will once again feature a full slate of exhilarating racing and exciting entertainment as two of NASCAR's national series come to South Florida.
- NASCAR Xfinity Series - Saturday October 21, 2023
- Dixie Vodka 400 NASCAR Cup Series - Sunday October 22, 2023
Where?: Homestead-Miami Speedway, 1 Speedway Boulevard, Homestead, FL 33035
How Much?: Single Day Tickets $35 - $140
›› NASCAR Ford Championship Weekend
Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show - October 25 - 29, 2023
Every year, the largest in-water boat show in the world comes to Fort Lauderdale, the "Yachting Capital of the World" to exhibit a vast array of the industry's latest boats and yachts of all sizes, worldwide debuts, plus a medley of marine products and accessories to enhance the nautical lifestyle.
From yacht builders and designers to exotic cars and brokerage yachts, this show has something for everyone!
When? October 25 - 29, 2023
Where? Bahia Mar Yachting Center at 801 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 plus six other locations: Las Olas Marina, Hall of Fame Marina, SuperYacht Village at Pier 66 South, Pier 66 Marina, Broward County Convention Center, and Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.
How Much? $42, child (6-15) $16, two-day and Prime-time and VIP tickets available
More Info www.flibs.com.
Magical Candlelight Concerts in Miami
This concert series known simply as "Candlelight" which have had tremendous success around the world has arrived in Miami! Listening to classical or jazz or contemporary music in an intimate and atmospheric setting of a candlelit concert is a delightful and magical experience.
These enchanting concerts feature a wide variety of genres, from Vivaldi and Tchaikovsky, operas and Broadway, to Frank Sinatra, Taylor Swift, Adele, Fleetwood Mac, ABBA... all played by talented musicians at a variety of gorgeous and unique indoor and outdoor venues including Hotel Colonnade, Jungle Island, the Coral Gables Congregational Church...
More info and tickets: Candlelight Concerts in Miami
Holidays in October
Columbus Day - A Public Holiday - Monday October 9, 2023
Columbus Day is a public holiday which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas on October 12, 1492 and celebrated on the second Monday in October in the United States.
Federal government offices are closed except for National parks.
You can expect the following to
be open and closed on Monday:
Shopping centers and malls
Federal, State, Regional Parks
Public Transportation (check for special holiday schedules)
Columbus Day Weekend is a BIG boating weekend in Miami. Here's what-where-when is happening this Columbus Day Weekend 2023.
Boo! It's that time of the year in Miami! Halloween ghosts and spooky mazes, costume parties and trick-or-treating...
Here are this year's most popular Halloween events and celebrations in Miami, from pumpkin patches and pony rides
for kids, to haunted houses, live concerts and parties.
Click here for Halloween Events in Miami.
Fun For Kids and Families
Pumpkin Patch at Pinto's Farm
One of the best Pumpkin Patches in Miami with plenty of entertainment for the whole family! Admission includes Pumpkin, unlimited rides, magic shows, pumpkin patch walkthrough, pedal boat ride, tractor ride, race karts, pony rides, playground, walk-through around the farm to meet our animals
When?: Weekends from September 23 - October 29, 2023
Where?: Pinto's Farm at Redland Citrus Orchards: 14890 SW 216 Street, Miami, FL 33170 across the street from Monkey Jungle
How Much?: $26.16 - $32.71 all ages, under 2 FREE, includes unlimited rides and activities.
More info: Pumpkin Patch at Pinto's Farm
Pumpkin Patch at Little Farm Miami Dade
What?: Pumpkin Patch, Animal Interactions, Hay Maze, Kids Play Field, Photo Ops, Butterfly Garden, Local Food Vendors. Pony Rides $2.00 Additional – 54" & under
When?: Weekends in October - 10:00am – 4:00pm, fall decorations until end of November
Where?: The Little Farm, entrance at the back of the property off 222 ST and 137 AVE - Follow the Yellow Flag!
How Much?: $12 per person, Pony Rides $2.00 Additional – 54" & under, pumpkins available for purchase
More info: Pumpkin Patch at the Little Farm, or their FB page here.
Annie The Musical
When?: October 10 - 22, 2023
Where?: Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
›› Find Tickets - Annie The Musical
For Miami Sports Fans This October 2023
Miami Heat Basketball Pre-Season Schedule October 2023 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? Kaseya Center, formerly FTX Arena
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for great discounts for Miami Heat Tickets at Groupon!!!
Miami Dolphins Schedule - October 2023 Home Games and Football Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $15 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Dolphins Tickets at Groupon from $12 for Pre-Season games.
Miami Hurricanes Schedule - October 2023 Home Games and College Football Tickets
When? College Football season just starting! Get your Hurricanes season tickets now!
Where? Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $14 but you have to be quick! ›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Hurricanes Tickets at Groupon from $15.
Florida Panthers Schedule - October 2023 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the BB&T Center to see first-class teams
battle it out on the ice!
When? See Home Schedule below
Where? FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick! Find Tickets
›› Check for Panthers Tickets from $33 at Groupon.
Inter Miami CF Soccer Schedule October 2023 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where?DRV PNK Stadium (Drive Pink Stadium) formerly Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? $28 - $150+ Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Ocean Drive Promenade Music Series
Come and enjoy the Magic of Ocean Drive with this new FREE open air family-friendly classical music series every Sunday at 5:00 pm. Talented South Florida performers will present concerts that are free and open to the general public. You are welcome to bring picnic blankets, lawn chairs and refreshments.
This year's line up includes performances by the South Beach Chamber Ensemble, Nu Deco Ensemble, Nicole Henry, the New World Symphony Ensemble among many others.
When?: Sundays at 5:00 pm
Where?: Ocean Drive Promenade located between 14th Street and 14th Place in Lummus Park
How Much?: FREE
›› More info and line up on the Ocean Drive Association FB Page
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Miami Museums Free Days
Many Miami museums regularly offer free admission days, so take advantage and save if you can!
Here are some of the offerings, and be sure to double check for updates or changes with each venue before you head out.
For our Residents, if you have a Miami Dade Library Card, check out the FREE Museum Pass Program where you can get passes to many of the most popular museums and attractions in the city. Passes are good for a family of 4 and can be easily "checked out" with your library card. Passes are first-come-first-served and as you can imagine, some of the most popular ones get snatched as soon as they become available, each library branch gets a limited number of passes for each attraction.
The Museum Pass Program offers free entry to the following:
- Deering Estate
- Miami Children's Museum
- Perez Art Museum (PAMM)
- Frost Museum of Science
- Frost Art Museum
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Zoo Miami
- Lowe Art Museum
- The Bass
- Fruit and Spice Park
- ... and many more!
Fantasy Theatre Factory at the Sandrell Rivers Theater Series
Fantasy Theater Factory is a non-profit organization that manages the Sandrell Rivers Theater, a state of the art black box theater in Miami. FTF places its greatest programmatic emphasis on Theater for Young Audiences which place a primary focus on childhood literacy and ecology. Other focus areas of programming include: fitness, history, diversity, self esteem, peer pressure and bullying prevention. FTF also produces cultural arts workshop residency programs that serve at-risk youth, children with disabilities and general population students.
Monthly lineups include a bi-monthly film screening series, a bi-monthly live music series, an art exhibition series and a new play competition, where playwrights can have their new works performed as staged readings in front of live audiences.
Each year FTF produces well over 500 programs, many are FREE and open to the public, some offered for a low nominal fee, in many cases if you are unable to afford a ticket, please call their box office, and they will be happy to reserve up to four (4) free tickets for your party.
When? Various throughout the month
Where? Sandrell Rivers Theater at 6103 NW 7th Ave, Miami FL 33127
How Much? Many FREE or offered for a low fee.
More Info and this month's lineup: Fantasy Theater Factory Shows.
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the second or third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
When? Second or third Saturday of the month
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
Miami Events By Month