Events may be cancelled / postponed / rescheduled due to the current Coronavirus health precautions. Please check with event organizers for updates
The countywide curfew has been lifted as of April 12, 2021.
Please adhere to the rules to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Here's the latest.
March in Miami normally packs an exciting array of festivals and lively food and music carnivals. With the pandemic still upon us, it has been a challenging time for the big scale events and efforts are being made to be able to make them happen with all precautions and measures to keep everyone safe and healthy.
The Miami Open is still on the schedule for all our tennis fans, however, the 2021 tournament will operate in a different format starting with the elimination of the Stadium Court within Hard Rock Stadium. In-person attendance of fans will be limited to facilitate social distancing and provide a safe experience for everyone.
For Spring breakers, Miami Beach is taking a different approach to prevent any possible "super spreader" events. In the plans are curated gatherings such as Thursday Flicks, Friday Concerts and Saturday Grooves, which will all be scheduled and planned with Covid restrictions and measures in place, ULTRA has been rescheduled to 2022 and the Heat and the Panthers are on but with limited attendance allowed.
Closing the month, Easter is fast approaching and with temperatures picking up, it's time to head out to the beaches!
Likewise, if you are a nature lover, a visit to our State and National parks is in order before our migrating birds head out, so grab your binoculars and camaras and enjoy!
Here's this month's rundown:
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in March 2021 features:
- Proud Tina: The Ultimate Tribute to Tina Turner - March 3, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Live on the Plaza: Zoetic Schmoetic (Outdoor Performance) - February 27 - April 24, 2021 at Thomson Plaza for the Arts at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- The Pump and Dump Show - March 4, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Global Cuba Fest: Dafnis Prieto Sextet and Alain Perez + Julio Montalvo - March 6, 2021 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Live on the Plaza: City Theatre's Shorts Outside the Box (Outdoor Performance) - March 11 - May 13, 2021 at Thomson Plaza for the Arts at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Craig Robinson - March 11 - 13, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Mike Super Magic & Illusion - March 13, 2021 at Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Peter & The Wolf with the South Florida Symphony Orchestra - March 14, 2021 Live-stream concert filmed at the North Beach Bandshell
- Marlon Wayans - March 15 - 18, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Art Heist Experience: Socially Distanced Immersive Theater (Outdoor, socially distanced group fun that involves walking) - March 16 - April 4, 2021 at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Omer Adam - March 18, 2021 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Deon Cole - March 19 - 21, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Paul Anka - March 24, 2021 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- American Me Comedy - March 24, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Brendan Schaub - March 25 - 27, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Cisco Duran - March 28, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Funny by Nature Comedy Tour - March 31, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
In the Sports Calendar:
Specially for kids and families This March 2021:
Holidays This Month:
- St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2021 - This is not an official bank holiday, i.e. businesses, schools and government offices run as usual.
Spring Break in Miami:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Activities, Tours, Attractions that are OPEN
Many attractions remain closed but several tours that can be conducted safely and within health department and CDC guidelines have reopened as have most outdoor activities.
It's time to get out! Here's a list of things to do while maintaining social distancing measures. They have reopened and can be booked now. Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! Except for Shark Valley which remains closed for visitor safety as a result of high water levels after both hurricane Eta and Iota.
- The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
October 22-23, 2021
December 18, 2021
March 2021 Highlight Events in Miami
Miami International Film Festival
Celebrating its 38th year, the Miami Film Festival continues to bring the finest in world cinema to South Florida, this year with a hybrid event with a mix of virtual and in-theater presentations. Administered by Miami Dade College, film screenings and events take place in an array of venues throughout Miami and Miami Beach over a
10 day period.
The Miami Film Festival is considered a major launching pad for Ibero-American films and young and veteran talent flock to the festival to promote their latest works.
In the past few years, the Festival has screened films from more than 60 countries, including 300 World and U.S. Premieres.
The competition categories battling the $150,000 in awards include best feature film, best of South Florida, best Ibero-American film, best music composition, best short film, documentary, audience choice, and more.
Among this year's screening venues we have the Silverspot Cinema in downtown Miami, other possible venues TBA
Ticket prices for screenings are quite reasonable, tickets for general admission to the screenings are $13 and is a great way to
get to see some of Miami's top venues and architecture from the inside!
When? March 5 - 14, 2021
Where? Virtual and various screening venues in Miami and Miami Beach
How Much? Regular screenings from $13, discounts for seniors, students and Film Society members. Virtual films $13
More Info: For tickets and full line-up of screenings, venues and event schedule check the official site:
Carnaval on the Mile Jazz and Art Festival
It's a free weekend of art, jazz and great food at Coral Gable's renowned Miracle Mile.
Carnaval on the Mile is an annual event that features top Latin Jazz bands and fine foods from local eateries. In addition, there
is the "Artist Village" with tents filled with paintings, sculptures, ceramics, photography, woodworks, jewelry, glassworks... you get the idea.
There are three stages set up for the live entertainment at Le Jeune, Douglas and Ponce.
When? 2021 Carnaval CANCELLED - 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Where? Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
How Much? Free!
For more info and this year's performers: www.carnavalmiami.com
Asian Culture Festival
This fun-filled family event offers a virtual day trip to Asia featuring a variety of Asian arts, crafts, entertainment, plants and exotic cuisine. Highlights include Taiko drumming, Origami and Ikebana at the Japan tent; folk dance, classical music and fruit and vegetable carving from Thailand; games and puppet shows from Malaysia; authentic Persian arts, literature, crafts and dance from Iran; a traditional Lion Dance from China and much more.
Countries represented at the Asian Culture Festival typically include Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri-Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet, Turkey and Vietnam.
When? SUSPENDED - 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where? Fruit and Spice Park at 24801 S.W. 187th Ave. in Homestead
How Much? Adults $12, Children (6-12) $5, under 6 FREE
For more info and this year's program: Asian Culture Festival FB Page
Fairchild's International Orchid Festival
Orchids galore! Beautiful, colorful, fragrant orchids, for sale and for show. This is one of Fairchild's signature events, well-attended by
thousands of orchid lovers. This year there will be a modified version of it. Instead of one weekend of orchids, there will be several weekends of orchids! Orchids, tours, live plant demos and music!
When? March 13-14, 20-21, 2021
Where? Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
How Much? Included with Admission to Gardens, which is $25 for adults, $18 for seniors 65 and up and $12 for children 6-17. I know it's not cheap, but proceeds go to support work in conservation, science, and education.
More Info www.fairchildgarden.org
Homestead Carnival & Parade
Homestead Main Street is hosting its Annual Carnival Parade & Flavor of the Caribbean Festival.
Bring the whole family and enjoy the parade lead by Junkaroo Band, delicious food, authentic New Orleans Zydeco music, entertainment and much more!
When? 2021 Carnival has not been confirmed from 4:00pm to 9:00pm (Parade begins at 5pm)
Where? Losner Park, Downtown Homestead at 104 N. Krome Avenue Homestead, FL 33030
How Much? FREE!
More Info http://homesteadmainst.org/ or check out their FB page.
Calle Ocho Festival - 2020 Cancelled
The nation's largest street party is a celebration of latin heritage, food and unmistakeable latin beat, el Festival de la Ocho is definitely
the place to be this Sunday. 20 blocks and 12 stages of music and fun...
Not your typical festival, Calle Ocho has earned a place in the Guinness World of Records five times (so far!) for:
- The largest conga line in 1988
- The biggest piñata in 1990
- The longest cigar in 2000
- The largest number of domino players at one place in 2008, and
- In 2012, for putting together the largest image
made with flags, 422 flags from around the world were held together to form one giant "1" to simbolize unity, "One World", a world without borders.
We could only guess at what
they will surprise us with this year!
So, yes, come for the food, tons of different dishes from the many Latin communities, the salsa and merengue on dozens of
stages set up throughout, and the electric atmosphere that is Calle Ocho en Carnaval!
A hop-on hop-off trolley runs parallel on S.W. 7th Street with stops on Beacon Boulevard, 22nd Ave, 17th Ave, and 12th Ave.
When? 2021 Festival CANCELLED - 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where? Calle Ocho or S.W. 8th Street, most of the action between S.W. 12th Ave. and S.W. 27th Ave.
How Much? FREE!
More Info: Calle Ocho Festival
Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival
Two days and ten class acts, a weekend filled with R&B, soul, hip hop and jazz.
After previous years' smashing successes with stellar performances by Lionel Richie, Bobby Brown, Stephanie Mills, En Vogue, Teddy Riley and many others,
each year becomes an increasingly tough act to follow.
And this year's fantastic line-up certainly will not dissapoint.
When? POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Gates open at 3:00 pm, first performance at 4:00 pm
Where? Hard Rock Stadium (Formerly Sun Life Stadium), 347 Don Shula Drive, Miami, FL 33056
How Much? General Admission $119
More Info: www.jazzinthegardens.com
The Miami Open
The world's top tennis players converge in Miami for this two-week tournament, a great chance to see all your favorite ones in action and once again at their fantastic facilities at Hard Rock Stadium!
FANS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND MATCHES; however, admission will be limited to facilitate social distancing and provide a safe experience for everyone. Format of the tournament will be different starting with the elimination of the Stadium Court. The Grandstand Court will serve as the main court for the 2021 tournament.
When? March 22 - April 4, 2021
Where? Hard Rock Stadium
How Much? There is a limited number of full tournament packages available.
More on the Miami Open, What's Different This Year, Getting There, Tips on Attending
Miami-Dade County Fair and Exposition
The Fair is in town! Rides, rides and more rides, oh and there's the cotton candy, funnel cakes, turkey legs, the roasted corn on the cob...
no wonder this is one of the largest annual family events in the State.
This is more than one giant amusement park... although for kids, that's reason enough! There will be tons of live events and games, agriculture shows,
a circus, a petting zoo, livestock exhibits, an ice show, skateboarding races, professional boxing matches, Grammy Award winning performers...
All live entertainment and concerts are included in your admission.
When? March 18 - April 11, 2021 Open Daily Except March 22-24 and April 5-7
Where? Miami-Dade County Fair, 10901 SW 24th St. Miami. Coral Way (SW 24th St) and 112th Avenue
How Much? General Admission $10, 5 and under free. Tickets for rides are extra.
22-ride Ride Sheet available online for $20. Unlimited ride package is $25.
These are the online prices, they are higher at the fairgrounds.
It can get pricey when you add up rides and food, but proceeds support
scholarships that reward youth achievement in artistic, athletic and academic programs. Be there!
More info, concert line-up and tickets: The Fair
Ultra - the World's Premier Electronic Music Festival
On its 22nd year, ULTRA is the world's most famous outdoor electronic music event.
Taking place over a three-day weekend and back in their old digs at Bayfront Park, this year's program promises to deliver a uniquely diverse, forward thinking line-up and is likely to be another sell-out.
Friday through Sunday March 26 - 28, 2021 Rescheduled to 2022
Where? Bayfront Park
Tickets? 3-day passes as well as individual day tickets available.
More on Ultra and Spring Break in Miami
The 16th Annual Deering Seafood Festival On The Bay
Get ready for a non-stop celebration at the Annual Deering Seafood Festival on the Bay, complete with delicious catch from the sea,
celebrity chef cooking demos, fun-filled adventures for kids, Virgin Island stilt walkers,
a Bahamian Junkanoo musical parade and on-going live entertainment.
When? Postponed to October
Where? The Deering Estate at 16701 SW 72nd Avenue in Palmetto Bay, Miami, FL 33157
How Much? Admission: Adults $20 in advance online, $25 the day of the event; children 4-14 years $7, $10 at the gate, Members FREE
Here's more on the Deering Seafood Festival
Miami Concerts and Entertainment this March 2021
MISO At The Park
DORAL RESIDENTS ONLY. Bring your blankets, picnic baskets and family to enjoy the unforgettable sounds of the world renowned Miami Symphony Orchestra!
When? Saturday March 6, 2021 - 6:00 pm
Where? Downtown Doral Park at 8395 NW 53rd St, Doral, FL 33166
How Much? Tickets are $5 and each one reserves a 6-person space (must be from same household).
More Info: ››
City of Doral
Miami For Kids And Families This March 2021
Family Fun Fest at Biscayne National Park
Family Fun Fest is a FREE program at Biscayne National Park brought to you thanks to the many volunteers and park sponsors.
It is held on the second Sunday of the month during the
"dry and cool" season, December through April with lots of fun and educational activities for kids and adults alike.
When? Suspended - 1:00pm to 4:00 pm
Where? Biscayne National Park - Dante Fascell Visitor Center
How Much? FREE!
More info: Biscayne National Park Family Fun Fest
Disney On Ice: Dream Big
Believing is just the beginning for your favorite Disney heroes at Disney On Ice presents Dream Big! Miguel aspires to be a musician and journeys through the Land of the Dead to unlock his family's history... Moana and Maui bravely restore the stolen heart of Te Fiti... Anna and Elsa save their kingdom while the Disney Princesses inspire with stories of strength, determination and kindness...
Two South Florida venues:
When? March 19 - 22, 2021
Where? AmericanAirlines Arena, Miami
How Much? $30+
Find Disney on Ice Tickets at AmericanAirlines Arena
When? March 26 - 29, 2021
Where? BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? $30+
Find Disney on Ice Tickets at BB&T Center
For Miami Sports Fans This March 2021
Miami Heat Basketball Schedule March 2021 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? AmericanAirlines Arena
How Much? As low as $15 early in the season, but they go quick!
›› Find Tickets
Florida Panthers Schedule - March 2021 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the BB&T Center to see first-class teams
battle it out on the ice!
When? See schedule below
Where? BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick!
›› Find Tickets
March 2021 Holidays
St. Patrick's Day Celebrations
St. Patrick's Day is on Wednesday, March 17, 2021. Parties and pub crawls are ongoing throughout the weekend.
Shamrocks, Green Beer and Leprechauns! Here's where to celebrate the Luck o' the Irish with some fantastic offers!
- $20 St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl on Saturday March 13, 2021 in Miami Beach Come decked out in green as we celebrate with other fun-loving people at Miami's BEST Bars! Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick's Day, so show up and drink up! This is a bar crawl you won't want to miss! What's included: Admission, a Bar Crawl Map, Drink Specials & More!
- FREE St. Pat's Wynwood Block Party at the Wynwood Marketplace on March 17 from 3:00 pm Famous green beer, instagramable photo-ops, all of your cravings from Wynwood's best Food Trucks, live music from Wynwood's top DJs to your favorite local bands and an Artisan Marketplace with the best treats, games, and special finds! General Admission FREE, free shot with RSVP to the first 500 attendees, $29 Shamrock VIP with 4-hour open bar
- Saint Patrick's Day Celebration at The Wharf Miami March 17 from 4:00 pm Enjoy live music, food, fun, games, and more along the historic Miami river! During this event, receive a FREE Guinness beer, with EVERY shot of Jameson purchased! Make sure to expect A LOT of GREEN! Complimentary RSVP (Before 7pm Arrival) Free
- $49 St. Patrick's Day Booze Cruise on March 28 Kick off St. Patricks Day aboard the Poseidon Ferry. Fare includes: Ferry Ticket, all you can drink GREEN BEER, DJ Oscar spinning your favorite tunes, best views of the Miami Skyline... Be sure to wear something GREEN to receive a complimentary drink ticket!
- Coral Gables St. Patrick's Day Irish Festival 2021 dates TBA Coral Gables Salutes The Wearing Of The Green at the Annual St. Patrick's Day Irish Festival at Fred B. Hartnett Ponce Circle Park (2800 Ponce de Leon Boulevard, Coral Gables). Live entertainment featuring "Wide Awake" U2 Tribute Band, Celtic Cross with Paddy Kelleghan, Breffni School of Irish Dancers, St. Andrews Pipe and Drum Band. Great Irish food, vendors galore, kid's zone with bounce house, slides, etc. and full service bar. FREE ADMISSION.
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Saturday March 13, 2021 and every second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) Free Admission on Thursdays
Located at the National Historic Landmark Freedom Tower, Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) offers groundbreaking exhibitions and programs that aim to foster a reimagined Miami. The new initiative is designed to make art accessible to all in the community, as well as visitors.
Free admission on Thursday evenings will continue indefinitely and includes admission to the galleries of MDC Special Collections - the Kislak Center and the Cuban Legacy Gallery.
Currently on view at MOAD is The Body Electric, a major exhibition that looks at our fraught relationship to technology, particularly the increasingly inescapable interface between our bodies and screens.
When?: Thursdays in March, 2021 and all Thursday evenings from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where?: Museum of Art and Design at Miami Dade College Freedom Tower, 2nd Floor at 600 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.mdcmoad.org
WAVE Wine + Beer Taste on Washington Avenue
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District Presents a Live Music Series Featuring a Wine & Beer Taste!
15 wine, beer, and live music locations over a 1 mile stretch on Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
A diversity of live music everyone can enjoy! Grab a friend and come enjoy your favorite wines, beers, and try something new while sitting back with locals and tourists alike to take in all the live music. Must be 21+.
When? Thursday March 18, 2021 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and every 3rd Thursday of the month.
Where? Along Washington Avenue in South Beach
How Much? General Admission $15 (entitles you to 12 wine / beer tastes), VIP $25 (entitles you to 24 wine / beer tastes, for 2 people)
More Info and Tickets: WAVE Wine & Beer.
Miami Design District Free Outdoor Concerts
The Miami Design District Performance Series kicks off in the fall and is a fantastic chance to enjoy live FREE outdoor concerts, our marvelous weather as it starts to cool off all wrapped in a fantastic South Florida atmosphere. The events are put together by the Knight Foundation, Design District developer Craig Robins and our very own Emilio Estefan and are free for all to enjoy. (THANK YOU!!!!)
The season normally starts in October and runs through the Holidays. Taking the stage on Friday evenings are performers in all sorts of genres from classical, pop, salsa... last year we had Gloria Gaynor, Jose Luis Rodriguez (El Puma), the Miami Symphony Orchestra... it's an eclectic bunch and regardless of who appears at Palm Court, it is always an enjoyable evening and a great way to kick start your weekend. And did I mention it's FREE?!!!
Where? Palm Court Plaza at the Miami Design District
How Much? FREE!
More Info: www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund