March in Miami packs an exciting array of festivals and lively food and music carnivals. With the pandemic still presenting a challenging time for the big scale events, efforts are being made to be able to make them happen with all precautions and measures to keep everyone safe and healthy.
The Miami Open is on the schedule for all our tennis fans at Hard Rock Stadium and for Spring Breakers, ULTRA will be back at Bayfront Park.
Closing the month, Easter is fast approaching and with temperatures picking up, it's time to head out to the beaches!
Likewise, if you are a nature lover, a visit to our State and National parks is in order before our migrating birds head out, so grab your binoculars and camaras and enjoy!
Here's this month's rundown:
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
- Miami International Film Festival - March 4 - 13, 2022
- Carnaval on the Mile Jazz and Art Festival - March 5 - 6, 2022
- Asian Culture Festival - March 5 - 6, 2022
- Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival - March 12 - 13, 2022
- Calle Ocho Festival, the nation's largest street party - March 13, 2022
- Coconut Grove Food & Wine Festival - March 19 - 20, 2022
- The Miami Open - March 21 - April 3, 2022
- "The Fair" - March 17 - April 10, 2022
- ULTRA Music Festival - March 25 - 27, 2022
- Fairchild's International Orchid Festival - March 12 - 13, 2022
- Flamingo Gardens' Beauty of Orchids - March 19 - May 8, 2022
The concert and entertainment scene in March 2022 features:
- Engelbert Humperdinck - March 2, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Harry Mack - March 3, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- The Beach Boys - March 3, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Pinkalicious The Musical - March 4 - 5, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Marisa Monte - March 4, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- WWE: Smackdown - March 4, 2022 at FTX Arena
- Master Chorale of South Florida: Best of Broadway - March 4, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Donnell Rawlings - March 4 - 5, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Bill Maher - March 4 - 5, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Global Cuba Fest: Alfredo Rodriguez - March 5, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Arts Ballet Theatre of Florida: Coppelia - March 5 - 6, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Meme Solis - March 5, 2022 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Alt-J, Portugal. The Man & Sir Chloe - March 5, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Nicky Jam - March 6, 2022 at FTX Arena
- Beethoven On The Beach: Reboot - March 6, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Cisco Duran - March 6, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Frozen The Musical - March 9 - 20, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Conan Gray - March 9, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Gold Coast Jazz: An Evening With Tony DeSare - March 9, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Kerwin Claiborne - March 10, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Lang Lang - March 10, 2022 at the Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Jesse & Joy - March 11, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Rob Schneider - March 11 - 12, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Marisela - March 11, 2022 at the Miami Dade County Auditorium
- Nu Deco Ensemble: Madison Cunningham - March 12, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Jazz In The Gardens - March 12 - 13, 2022 at Hard Rock Stadium
- Christine D'Clario - March 12, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Monster Jam - March 12 - 13, 2022 at loan Depot Park (formerly Marlins Stadium)
- Andre Rieu - March 13, 2022 at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Anavitoria US Debut Tour - March 13, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Ashley Gavin - March 16, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Nimesh Patel - March 17, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Jay Thomas: Butterfly Parade - March 17, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Jess Hilarious - March 18 - 20, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Patti LaBelle - March 18, 2022 at the Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Estopa - March 18, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Ara Malikian - March 18, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Oteil & Friends - March 18 - 19, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Bee Gees NOW - March 19, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- David Archuleta - March 19, 2022 at the Abdo New River Room at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Miami International Piano Festival - March 20, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Anastasia - March 22 - 27, 2022 at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Tyler The Creator - March 20, 2022 at FTX Arena
- Gustavo Santaolalla - March 22, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Chris Botti - March 23, 2022 at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- It Was Fifty Years Ago - A Tribute To The Beatles - March 23, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Arooj Aftab - March 23, 2022 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Chris Redd - March 24, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Disney On Ice: Dream Big - March 24 - 27, 2022 at FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Arena) Sunrise
- Matilda The Musical - March 25 - April 10, 2022 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Bryan Callen - March 26 - 27, 2022 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Daniel Habif - March 26, 2022 at the James L. Knight Center Miami
- Broadway With Heart - March 26, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Lil Tecca - March 26, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Kaleo - March 28, 2022 at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater
- Kesha - March 30, 2022 at Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Sex N' The City - A Super Unauthorized Musical Parody - March 30 - 31, 2022 at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center
- Florida Grand Opera - Rigoletto - March 31 - April 2, 2022 at the Au-Rene Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
In the Sports Calendar:
Specially for kids and families This March 2022:
Holidays This Month:
- St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2022 - This is not an official bank holiday, i.e. businesses, schools and government offices run as usual.
Spring Break in Miami:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Select Dates December-April
FLA Live Arena
February 14, 2022
Adrienne Arsht Center
Feb 15 - Mar 5, 2023
March 2022 Highlight Events in Miami
Miami International Film Festival
Celebrating its 39th year, the Miami Film Festival continues to bring the finest in world cinema to South Florida, this year is back with a hybrid event with a mix of virtual and in-theater presentations. Administered by Miami Dade College, film screenings and events take place in an array of venues throughout Miami and Miami Beach over a 10 day period.
The Miami Film Festival is considered a major launching pad for Ibero-American films and young and veteran talent flock to the festival to promote their latest works.
In the past few years, the Festival has screened films from more than 60 countries, including 300 World and U.S. Premieres.
The competition categories battling the more than $100,000 in awards include best feature film, best of South Florida, best Ibero-American film, best music composition, best short film, documentary, audience choice, and more.
Among this year's screening venues we have the Silverspot Cinema in downtown Miami and Tower Theater, one of Miami's oldest cultural landmarks. This year's opening film is "The Good Boss" and "Plaza Cathedral" will close the festival.
Ticket prices for screenings are quite reasonable, tickets for general admission to the screenings are $13.
When? March 4 - 13, 2022
Where? Virtual and various screening venues in Miami and Miami Beach
How Much? Regular screenings from $13, discounts for seniors, students and Film Society members. Virtual films $13
More Info: For tickets and full line-up of screenings, venues and event schedule check the official site:
Carnaval on the Mile Jazz and Art Festival
It's a free weekend of art, jazz and great food at Coral Gable's renowned Miracle Mile.
Carnaval on the Mile is an annual event that features top Latin Jazz bands and fine foods from local eateries. In addition, there
is the "Artist Village" with tents filled with paintings, sculptures, ceramics, photography, woodworks, jewelry, glassworks... you get the idea.
There are three stages set up for the live entertainment at Le Jeune, Douglas and Ponce.
When? March 5 - 6, 2022 - 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Where? Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
How Much? Free!
For more info and this year's performers: www.carnavalmiami.com
Asian Culture Festival
This fun-filled family event offers a virtual day trip to Asia featuring a variety of Asian arts, crafts, entertainment, plants and exotic cuisine. Highlights include Taiko drummers, Origami and Ikebana at the Japan tent; folk dance, classical music and fruit and vegetable carving from Thailand; Sepak Takraw (no-hands volleyball) from Malaysia; Chinese Lion Dances, Dragon Boat display, Dragon Boat races and much more.
Countries represented at the Asian Culture Festival typically include Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri-Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet, Turkey and Vietnam.
When? March 5 - 6, 2022 - 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Where? Tropical Park at 27900 SW 40th Street, Miami, FL 33155
How Much? Adults $14, Children (6-12) $5, under 6 FREE
For more info, tickets and this year's program: www.asianculturefestival.net/ or follow their FB Page
Fairchild's International Orchid Festival
Orchids galore! Beautiful, colorful, fragrant orchids, for sale and for show. This is one of Fairchild's signature events, well-attended by
thousands of orchid lovers. This year there will be a modified version of it. Instead of one weekend of orchids, there will be several weekends of orchids! Orchids, tours, live plant demos and music!
When? March 12 - 13, 2022 - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Where? Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
How Much? Included with Admission to Gardens, which is $24.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors 65 and up and $11.95 for children 6-17. Proceeds go to support work in conservation, science, and education.
More Info www.fairchildgarden.org
Flamingo Gardens' Beauty of Orchids
This Easter, explore the beauty and diversity of orchids in this breathtaking exhibit of live orchid floral displays set among the lush tropical gardens of Flamingo Gardens, with over 1000 beautiful orchids in bloom with 10 displays, tours, classes, orchid vendors and "Native Orchid Music Installation" on weekends.
When? March 19 - May 8, 2022 - 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Where? Flamingo Gardens at 3750 S. Flamingo Rd, Davie, FL 33330-1614
How Much? Free with General Admission: Adults $21.95, Kids (3-11) $15.95
More Info: www.flamingogardens.org
Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival
Two days and ten class acts, a weekend filled with R&B, soul, hip hop and jazz.
After previous years' smashing successes with stellar performances by Lionel Richie, Bobby Brown, Stephanie Mills, En Vogue, Teddy Riley and many others, each year becomes an increasingly tough act to follow.
And this year's fantastic line-up certainly will not dissapoint. Already confirmed for 2022 are Mary J. Blige, The Roots with special guest T-Pain, SWV, Stokley, Mark Allen Felton, H.E.R., The Isley Brothers, Rick Ross, Jonathan McReynolds, Mike Phillips and many more!
When? March 12 - 13, 2022
Where? Hard Rock Stadium (Formerly Sun Life Stadium), 347 Don Shula Drive, Miami, FL 33056
How Much? One Day General Admission $122+
More Info: www.jazzinthegardens.com
Calle Ocho Festival
The nation's largest street party is a celebration of latin heritage, food and unmistakeable latin beat, el Festival de la Ocho is definitely
the place to be this Sunday. 20 blocks and 12 stages of music and fun...
Not your typical festival, Calle Ocho has earned a place in the Guinness World of Records five times (so far!) for:
- The largest conga line in 1988
- The biggest piñata in 1990
- The longest cigar in 2000
- The largest number of domino players at one place in 2008, and
- In 2012, for putting together the largest image
made with flags, 422 flags from around the world were held together to form one giant "1" to simbolize unity, "One World", a world without borders.
We could only guess at what
they will surprise us with this year!
So, yes, come for the food, tons of different dishes from the many Latin communities, the salsa and merengue on dozens of
stages set up throughout, and the electric atmosphere that is Calle Ocho en Carnaval!
A hop-on hop-off trolley runs parallel on S.W. 7th Street with stops on Beacon Boulevard, 22nd Ave, 17th Ave, and 12th Ave.
When? March 13, 2022 - 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Where? Calle Ocho or S.W. 8th Street, most of the action between S.W. 12th Ave. and S.W. 27th Ave.
How Much? FREE!
More Info: Calle Ocho Festival
Coconut Grove Food & Wine Festival
Explore and sample Coconut Grove's Newest Restaurants, Famous Chefs, and Caterers while enjoying being on beautiful Biscayne Bay at Coconut Grove's biggest culinary event of the year! What's on? Delicious Restaurant samplings, Fine wine & spirits tastings, Rum Bars, Craft beer, Culinary Demos...
This year, the festival celebrates Goombay style, we will be celebrating our Bahamian Heritage, Culture and roots with Island food, Caribbean music, R&B, Junkanoo Colorful Costumed Dancers, Stilt Walkers and more.
Featuring lots of Cuisine from all the islands and local restaurants, craft beers and wine and spirits and plenty of non-alcoholic beverages. Live entertainment headlined by Copito de Cuba as Master of Ceremonies.
When? March 19 - 20, 2022 - Saturday 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Sunday 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Where? Elizabeth Virrick Park at 3255 Plaza Street, Miami, FL 33133
How Much? General Admission $10, individual sample dishes available for sale
VIP $75 includes complimentary tastings and exclusive area
More Info, tickets: www.coconutgrovefoodandwine.com/
The Miami Open
The world's top tennis players converge in Miami for this two-week tournament, a great chance to see all your favorite ones in action and once again at their fantastic facilities at Hard Rock Stadium!
When? March 21 - April 3, 2022
Where? Hard Rock Stadium
How Much? $17+ for single session, Full Day and many package options to choose from.
More on the Miami Open, What's Different This Year, Getting There, Tips on Attending
Miami-Dade County Fair and Exposition
The Fair is in town! Rides, rides and more rides, oh and there's the cotton candy, funnel cakes, turkey legs, the roasted corn on the cob...
no wonder this is one of the largest annual family events in the State.
This is more than one giant amusement park... although for kids, that's reason enough! There will be tons of live events and games, agriculture shows,
a circus, a petting zoo, livestock exhibits, BMX Pro Stunt Shows, Grammy Award winning performers...
All live entertainment and concerts are included in your admission.
When? March 17 - April 10, 2022. Open Daily Except March 28-29 and April 4-5.
Where? Miami-Dade County Fair, 10901 SW 24th St. Miami. Coral Way (SW 24th St) and 112th Avenue
How Much? General Admission $10, 5 and under free. Tickets for rides are extra. Thursdays only $5!
Unlimited ride package is $25. 2022 season pass $24.
scholarships that reward youth achievement in artistic, athletic and academic programs. Be there!
More info, concert line-up and tickets: The Fair
Ultra - the World's Premier Electronic Music Festival
On its 22nd year, ULTRA is the world's most famous outdoor electronic music event.
Taking place over a three-day weekend and back in their old digs at Bayfront Park, this year's program promises to deliver a uniquely diverse, forward thinking line-up and is likely to be another sell-out.
When? Friday through Sunday March 25 - 27, 2022
Where? Bayfront Park
Tickets? 3-day passes as well as individual day tickets available.
More on Ultra and Spring Break in Miami
Miami For Kids And Families This March 2022
Family Fun Fest at Biscayne National Park
Family Fun Fest is a FREE program at Biscayne National Park brought to you thanks to the many volunteers and park sponsors.
It is held on the second Sunday of the month during the
"dry and cool" season, December through April with lots of fun and educational activities for kids and adults alike.
When? Suspended - 1:00pm to 4:00 pm
Where? Biscayne National Park - Dante Fascell Visitor Center
How Much? FREE!
More info: Biscayne National Park Family Fun Fest
Disney On Ice: Dream Big
Believing is just the beginning for your favorite Disney heroes at Disney On Ice presents Dream Big! Miguel aspires to be a musician and journeys through the Land of the Dead to unlock his family's history... Moana and Maui bravely restore the stolen heart of Te Fiti... Anna and Elsa save their kingdom while the Disney Princesses inspire with stories of strength, determination and kindness...
When? March 24 - 27, 2022
Where? FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Center) Sunrise
How Much? $30+
Find Disney on Ice Tickets
For Miami Sports Fans This March 2022
Miami Heat Basketball Schedule March 2022 Home Games and Tickets
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? FTX Arena
How Much? As low as $15 early in the season, but they go quick!
›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Miami Heat Tickets at Groupon from $14!!!
Florida Panthers Schedule - March 2022 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the FLA Live Arena to see first-class teams
battle it out on the ice!
When? See schedule below
Where? FLA Live Arena (formerly BB&T Center) Sunrise
How Much? As low as $15, but they go quick!
›› Find Tickets
›› Check for Panthers Tickets at Groupon.
March 2022 Holidays
St. Patrick's Day Celebrations 2022
St. Patrick's Day is on Thursday, March 17, 2022. Parties and pub crawls are ongoing throughout the weekend.
Shamrocks, Green Beer and Leprechauns! Here's where to celebrate the Luck o' the Irish with some fantastic offers!
- $20 - $25 Wynwood St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl Enjoy 5 free drinks + drink specials at Wynwood's largest St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl!
- FREE St. Pat's Wynwood Block Party at the Wynwood Marketplace Famous green beer, instagramable photo-ops, all of your cravings from Wynwood's best Food Trucks, live music from Wynwood's top DJs to your favorite local bands and an Artisan Marketplace with the best treats, games, and special finds! General Admission FREE, Free Green Beer With RSVP
- Saint Patrick's Day Celebration at The Wharf Miami Enjoy live music, food, fun, games, and more along the historic Miami river! During this event, receive a FREE Guinness beer, with EVERY shot of Jameson purchased! Make sure to expect A LOT of GREEN! Complimentary RSVP, Sunset Table (4-8pm) - 4 Guests $200+
- $20 - $30 7th Annual St. Patrick's Day Bar Crawl in Brickell Get ready to crawl the night away enjoying 5 FREE drinks and drink specials at participating bars!
- St. Patrick's Day at SHOTS Wynwood Wear your favorite St. Pat's outfit and get ready to feel the luck of the Irish. Enjoy $5 Green Beer, $5 Whiskey, $8 Domestic Beer + Whiskey, $10 Irish Car Bombs, $125 Open Bar from 5pm-8pm (Drinks, Wells & Domestic Beer. Does not include shots)
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Miami Design District Art and Architecture Walks
Explore the art murals, outdoor art spaces, perhaps a gallery or two, featured exhibitions or the fabulous architecture throughout the Design District with resident experts.
Also on Sundays, The Market brings you locally sourced produce, culturally influenced food, or that special one-of-a-kind creation, while enjoying live entertainment.
When?: Several Saturdays / Sundays throughout the month, check the calendar of events for details
Where?: Miami Design District
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.miamidesigndistrict.net
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the second or third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
When? Second or third Saturday of the month
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
Miami Museums Free Days
Many Miami museums regularly offer free admission days, so take advantage and save if you can!
Here are some of the offerings, and be sure to double check for updates or changes with each venue before you head out.
For our Residents, if you have a Miami Dade Library Card, check out the FREE Museum Pass Program where you can get passes to many of the most popular museums and attractions in the city. Passes are good for a family of 4 and can be easily "checked out" with your library card. Passes are first-come-first-served and as you can imagine, some of the most popular ones get snatched as soon as they become available, each library branch gets a limited number of passes for each attraction.
The Museum Pass Program offers free entry to the following:
- Deering Estate
- Miami Children's Museum
- Perez Art Museum (PAMM)
- Frost Museum of Science
- Frost Art Museum
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Zoo Miami
- Lowe Art Museum
- The Bass
- Fruit and Spice Park
- ... and many more!
Fantasy Theatre Factory at the Sandrell Rivers Theater Series
Fantasy Theater Factory is a non-profit organization that manages the Sandrell Rivers Theater, a state of the art black box theater in Miami. FTF places its greatest programmatic emphasis on Theater for Young Audiences which place a primary focus on childhood literacy and ecology. Other focus areas of programming include: fitness, history, diversity, self esteem, peer pressure and bullying prevention. FTF also produces cultural arts workshop residency programs that serve at-risk youth, children with disabilities and general population students.
Monthly lineups include a bi-monthly film screening series, a bi-monthly live music series, an art exhibition series and a new play competition, where playwrights can have their new works performed as staged readings in front of live audiences.
Each year FTF produces well over 500 programs, many are FREE and open to the public, some offered for a low nominal fee, in many cases if you are unable to afford a ticket, please call their box office, and they will be happy to reserve up to four (4) free tickets for your party.
When? Various throughout the month
Where? Sandrell Rivers Theater at 6103 NW 7th Ave, Miami FL 33127
How Much? Many FREE or offered for a low fee.
More Info and this month's lineup: Fantasy Theater Factory Shows.
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund