Please donate to support those impacted by the tragic building collapse. supportsurfside.org.
Latest on Coronavirus:
Events may be cancelled / postponed / rescheduled due to the current Coronavirus health precautions. Please check with event organizers for updates.
Temperatures are picking up and it's time to head out to the beaches! April in Miami normally packs an exciting array of festivals but the pandemicis still presenting some challenges and many of the big scale events have been postponed. SunFest has been cancelled for 2021 and the Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival has moved to September.
The Miami Open will come to a close at the beginning of the month. The 2021 tournament will operate in a different format starting with the elimination of the Stadium Court within Hard Rock Stadium. In-person attendance of fans will be limited to facilitate social distancing and provide a safe experience for everyone.
For our sports fans, the Heat is on at AmericanAirlines Arena and the Marlins are back at Marlin's Stadium with the home opener on April 1st.
Easter Sunday is on April 4th, the Easter Bunny will be making the rounds...
This Month's Miami Highlight Events:
The concert and entertainment scene in April 2021 features:
- Live on the Plaza: Zoetic Schmoetic (Outdoor Performance) - February 27 - April 24, 2021 at Thomson Plaza for the Arts at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Live on the Plaza: City Theatre's Shorts Outside the Box (Outdoor Performance) - March 11 - May 13, 2021 at Thomson Plaza for the Arts at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Jim Breuer - April 1 - 3, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Live on the Plaza: JUke (Outdoor Performance) - April 2, 2021 at Thomson Plaza for the Arts at the Adrienne Arsht Center
- Melendi - April 3, 2021 at the James L. Knight Center
- Jeff Allen - April 7, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Arnez J - April 8 - 11, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Kevin Nealon - April 11, 2021 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Renny - April 15, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Mark Normand - April 16 - 18, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Eli Rodriguez - April 20, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Matteo Lame - April 21 - 22, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Chico Bean - April 23 - 25, 2021 at the Miami Improv in City Place Doral
- Brian Regan - April 17, 2021 at the Fountain Plaza Theater at Hard Rock Stadium
- Dave Mason - April 22, 2021 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- Oteil Burbridge Trio - In Person Performance - April 23 - 24, 2021 at the North Beach Bandshell
- Broward College Speaker Series: Abby Wambach - April 28, 2021 at the Amaturo Theater at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts
- III Points Festival: The Strokes, Robyn, Wu-Tang Clan & Disclosure
- April 30 - May 1, 2021 at Mana Wynwood Production Village
Concerts and Sport Tickets Savings
Use code TNNewsletter15 to receive $15 Off $250+ Orders with newsletter sign up
Enter TNTIX to get $10 off orders of $300+
Holidays this Month:
In the Sports Calendar:
Specially for kids and families:
FREE or almost FREE Ongoing Events in Miami:
Activities, Tours, Attractions that are OPEN
It's time to get out! Here's a list of things to do while maintaining social distancing measures. They have reopened and can be booked now. Make a reservation as many of the tours and activities are running on limited capacities. You can book with confidence as there is a free cancellation policy for most of the activities listed here, if your plans change and you cancel up to 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing...:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! Except for Shark Valley which remains closed for visitor safety as a result of high water levels after both hurricane Eta and Iota.
- The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island... You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN
Discount Tickets To Favorite Attractions
Coming Up: Hot Tickets Now On Sale
Hard Rock Live! At the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
October 2 - 3, 2021
October 22-23, 2021
December 18, 2021
Miami April 2021 Highlight Events
The Miami Open
The world's top tennis players converge in Miami for this two-week tournament, a great chance to see all your favorite ones in action and once again at their fantastic facilities at Hard Rock Stadium!
FANS WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND MATCHES; however, admission will be limited to facilitate social distancing and provide a safe experience for everyone. Format of the tournament will be different starting with the elimination of the Stadium Court. The Grandstand Court will serve as the main court for the 2021 tournament.
When? March 22 - April 4, 2021
Where? Hard Rock Stadium
How Much? There is a limited number of full tournament packages available.
More on the Miami Open, What's Different This Year, Getting There, Tips on Attending
Miami-Dade County Fair and Exposition
The Fair is in town! Rides, rides and more rides, oh and there's the cotton candy, funnel cakes, turkey legs, the roasted corn on the cob...
no wonder this is one of the largest annual family events in the State.
This is more than one giant amusement park... although for kids, that's reason enough! There will be tons of live events and games, agriculture shows,
a circus, a petting zoo, livestock exhibits, an ice show, skateboarding races, professional boxing matches, Grammy Award winning performers...
All live entertainment and concerts are included in your admission.
When? March 18 - April 11, 2021 Open Daily Except March 22-24 and April 5-7
Where? Miami-Dade County Fair, 10901 SW 24th St. Miami. Coral Way (SW 24th St) and 112th Avenue
How Much? General Admission $10, 5 and under free. Tickets for rides are extra.
22-ride Ride Sheet available online for $20. Unlimited ride package is $25.
These are the online prices, they are higher at the fairgrounds.
It can get pricey when you add up rides and food, but proceeds support
scholarships that reward youth achievement in artistic, athletic and academic programs. Be there!
More info, concert line-up and tickets: The Fair
Bayfront Jazz Festival - April 30 - May 1, 2021
The 1st edition of the Bayfront Jazz Festival will occupy two exciting days of live music on April 30th and May 1st, 2021, hosting legends of jazz, afro cuban, and electronic music in an open air iconic venue.
This year's unique line-up includes Roy Ayers, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Chucho Valdés, Gonzalo Rubalcaba & Aymée Nuviola and Mark Guiliana's Beat Music.
When?: Friday and Saturday April 30 - May 1st, 2021
Where?: Miami Bayfront Park
How Much?: $20 - $350
An Internet ticketed livestream video will also be in place through Eluvio LIVE allowing happy fans from the world. Part of the ticket sales will be given to American Hospitals for fighting Covid.
›› More Info http://bayfrontjazz.com/
Sprung! Spring Beer Festival - Postponed
Every spring, thousands of beer enthusiasts gather for a celebration of seasonal brews, delicious food, and live music.
This year they are back bigger and better than ever at The Wynwood Marketplace, with the UNLIMITED CRAFT BEER SAMPLES you crave and the return of the SPRUNGMANIA experience with Union Beer's live wrestling matches in their very own wrestling stage!
They are bringing 100+ breweries to sample the day away and provide you with an all-inclusive experience as you witness live wrestlers, live DJ's, the most satisfying food to pair with your favorite brews!
When? POSTPONED - 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, Florida 33127
Here's more on the Wynwood neighborhood and its fantastic street art.
- General Admission (4pm - 7pm) $45 + fees $52.87
- Beer Socialite $75 + fees $87.03 (Entry at 3:00 pm) Groupon
- VIP $95 + fees $109.08 (Entry at 2:00 pm, VIP lounge, appetizers, bathroom)
More Info and Tickets: Sprung! Spring Beer Fest.
Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival - Postponed
This is the largest LGBT event in Miami including a three-day weekend packed with flashy, bold and spirited
What's on? Beach parties, block parties, VIP parties,
challenging runs, concerts and live entertainment, the legendary parade, fireworks and
even a 4-night cruise to the Bahamas!
The Parade is a colossal affair and the crown jewel of the festival, with hundreds of participants and over 35 creative floats showcasing the Spirit of Pride.
When?: POSTPONED TO SEPTEMBER. Festival Village on Saturday and Sunday April 4 and 5, 2020. The Parade is on Sunday, April 5, 2020 and starts at 12:00 pm
Where?: Festival Village in Lummus Park. Parade along the Art Deco District on Ocean Drive, starting point at 7th Street and Ocean.
How Much?: Free
More info: www.miamibeachgaypride.com
SunFest Music and Arts Festival - CANCELLED
Every year in the spring, the West Palm Beach waterfront becomes the stage of a gigantic party, a weekend with a full
lineup of top musical acts, an Art District, Floating Bars, a 5k race and fantastic food options.
There will be no Fireworks for the 2020 Festival.
This year's performances taking place on three stages will include some great names as it has in the past. Last year's lineup featured Darius Rucker, Illenium, Adam Lambert, Juanes, Slightly Stoopid, Melissa Etheridge, Cage The Elephant, Nelly, Kevin Gates and many, many, MANY more!
You can check this year's full lineup.
When?: 2021 CANCELLED
Thursday - 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Friday - 5:00pm to 11:00 pm
Saturday - noon to 11:00 pm
Sunday - noon to 10:00 pm
Where?: Downtown West Palm Beach Waterfront along the Intracoastal Waterway from Banyan Boulevard to Lakeview Avenue
How Much?: One-Day Pass $40 pre-sale $55 at gate, discounts for youth (6 - 12) and seniors, kids 5 and under FREE. Multi-day passes and group rates available
For tickets and parking info: www.sunfest.com
Holidays in April 2021
Easter Events in Miami - Easter Sunday is on April 4, 2021
Lively Egg Hunts and Parades, Luscious Brunches, Uplifting Services...
Easter in Miami is full of Hoppenings, from bunny crossings and baskets of eggs, chicks and carrots, brunches and breakfasts, parades and festivals.
And let's not forget Jesus is the reason for the season, wonderful services await.
Here are this year's most popular Easter events in Miami.
Miami For Kids And Families This April 2021
Family Fun Fest at Biscayne National Park - Suspended
Family Fun Fest is a FREE program at Biscayne National Park brought to you thanks to the many volunteers and park sponsors.
It is held typically on the second Sunday of the month during the
"dry and cool" season, December through April with lots of fun and educational activities for kids and adults alike. This month however has been moved to the 1st Sunday so as not to conflict with Easter Sunday.
This is the last program of the 2019-20 season, so if you have the chance, join in!
When? Suspended - 1:00pm to 4:00 pm
Where? Biscayne National Park - Dante Fascell Visitor Center
How Much? FREE!
More info: Biscayne National Park Family Fun Fest
For Miami Sports Fans This April 2021
Miami Heat Basketball Schedule April 2021 Home Games and Tickets
American Airlines Arena is where awesowe happens!
COVID-19 Safety: A limited number of fans are allowed for in-person attendance at all HEAT home games and the HEAT and AA Arena have implemented a number of new COVID-19 health and safety measures to help mitigate the risk of exposure and create the safest game day experience possible.
There is a mandatory mask policy, social distancing will be enforced upon entering and throughout the Arena, all guests will be screened by COVID-19 Detection Dogs upon arrival. See all measures in place here.
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? AmericanAirlines Arena
How Much? As low as $30, but they go quick! Find Tickets
Florida Panthers Schedule - April 2021 Home Games and Hockey Tickets
Panthers are pouncing, get over to the BB&T Center to see first-class teams
battle it out on the ice!
When? See home game schedule for this month below
Where? BB&T Center, Sunrise
How Much? As low as $17, but they go quick! Find Tickets
Miami Marlins Schedule - April 2021 Home Games and Baseball Tickets
When? See schedule below
Where? Marlins Park, 501 Marlins Way (NW 16th Avenue), Miami, Florida 33125
How Much? Individual game tickets can be had for as low as $16. Find Tickets
›› Check for Marlins Tickets at Groupon $15
Inter Miami CF Soccer Home Opener
When? April 18, 2021
Where? Lockhart Stadium, Ft Lauderdale at 1350 NW 55th St, Fort Lauderdale. Between I-95 and the Turnpike, north of Commercial.
How Much? Find Tickets
Free Or Almost Free Ongoing Events in Miami
New World Symphony WALLCAST® Concerts
These are live classical music performances by the New World Symphony which are projected into a 7,000 square-foot wall at the New World Center for thousands to enjoy in a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
The concerts are typically on the third Saturday of the month and the season runs from October through May.
Where? SoundScape Park at 500 17th Street, Miami Beach, FL 33139
How Much? FREE! Bring a picnic, blankets, beach chairs, cocktails... yes, there are restrooms available at the south-east corner of SoundScape Park.
More Info: New World Symphony Wallcast Concert Series
Wynwood Art Walk Block Party
Every second Saturday of the month, the Wynwood Art Walk Block Party is one of the most iconic events in the city in this up and coming neighborhood which has been transforming the art scene in Miami.
Wynwood which is best known for its street art and splashy murals puts together a live art show, pop-up shop & gallery experience where you can mingle among the artists and creators, drink in hand, watch as art is being created in front of you and purchase directly from them.
And beyond the fantastic art there's plenty of gourmet food trucks, cocktails, live music and vendors, yes, it's a party!
When? Saturday April 10, 2021 and every second Saturday of the month, doors open at noon
Where? The Wynwood Marketplace at 2250 Northwest 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127 at the Wynwood Art District
How Much? FREE! RSVP for a free drink!
More Info: www.wynwoodartwalkblockparty.com
Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) Free Admission on Thursdays
Located at the National Historic Landmark Freedom Tower, Museum of Art and Design (MOAD) offers groundbreaking exhibitions and programs that aim to foster a reimagined Miami. The new initiative is designed to make art accessible to all in the community, as well as visitors.
Free admission on Thursday evenings will continue indefinitely and includes admission to the galleries of MDC Special Collections - the Kislak Center and the Cuban Legacy Gallery.
Currently on view at MOAD is The Body Electric, a major exhibition that looks at our fraught relationship to technology, particularly the increasingly inescapable interface between our bodies and screens.
When?: Thursday evenings from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Where?: Museum of Art and Design at Miami Dade College Freedom Tower, 2nd Floor at 600 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132
How Much?: FREE
›› More Info www.mdcmoad.org
WAVE Wine + Beer Taste on Washington Avenue
The Washington Avenue Business Improvement District Presents a Live Music Series Featuring a Wine & Beer Taste!
15 wine, beer, and live music locations over a 1 mile stretch on Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
A diversity of live music everyone can enjoy! Grab a friend and come enjoy your favorite wines, beers, and try something new while sitting back with locals and tourists alike to take in all the live music. Must be 21+.
When? Thursday April 15, 2021 - 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm, and every 3rd Thursday of the month.
Where? Along Washington Avenue in South Beach
How Much? General Admission $15 (entitles you to 12 wine / beer tastes), VIP $25 (entitles you to 24 wine / beer tastes, for 2 people)
More Info and Tickets: WAVE Wine & Beer.
Miami Design District Free Outdoor Concerts
The Miami Design District Performance Series kicks off in the fall and is a fantastic chance to enjoy live FREE outdoor concerts, our marvelous weather as it starts to cool off all wrapped in a fantastic South Florida atmosphere. The events are put together by the Knight Foundation, Design District developer Craig Robins and our very own Emilio Estefan and are free for all to enjoy. (THANK YOU!!!!)
The season normally starts in October and runs through the Holidays. Taking the stage on Friday evenings are performers in all sorts of genres from classical, pop, salsa... last year we had Gloria Gaynor, Jose Luis Rodriguez (El Puma), the Miami Symphony Orchestra... it's an eclectic bunch and regardless of who appears at Palm Court, it is always an enjoyable evening and a great way to kick start your weekend. And did I mention it's FREE?!!!
Where? Palm Court Plaza at the Miami Design District
How Much? FREE!
More Info: www.miamidesigndistrict.net
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund