Our Beaches Welcome You Back!
Parks, green spaces, beaches, beachwalks and baywalks have reopened in our city! Beaches are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Please adhere to the rules to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Facial coverings are now mandatory indoors and outdoors until further notice
- The countywide curfew has been modified to be from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am every day until further notice.
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be kept (except from members of same household)
- All beachgoers must have facial covering available and ready to use at all times; beachgoers must be able to show their mask upon request by local authority
- Face covering not required for children under 2, persons that have difficulty breathing and persons involved in strenous physical activity or while in the ocean
- Public gatherings of 10 or more people are prohibited
- No floats
- No canopies or tents
- Allowed Activities: sunning, walking, jogging, swimming, surfing, paddle-boarding, kayaking. Be particularly cautious in swimming, surfing and other water-based activities associated with rescue and resuscitation
- Activities NOT Allowed: no organized group activities like volleyball, football, soccer, frisbee, paddleball, use of exercise equipment and playgrounds, dogs or pets on the beach, no fishing except in designated areas
For more info check out the City of Miami Beach Coronavirus Reopening Guidelines.
Bal Harbour Beach is a quiet and relaxing beach just up from the lively electrifying swirl that is South Beach.
Upscale Bal Harbour is a top address in Miami and mostly known for the ritzy Bal Harbour Shops, with names like Chanel, Versace, Jimmy Choo, Tiffany and so on, this is Miami's premier mecca for luxury shopping.
Luxurious shopping aside, Bal Harbour counts with a beautiful mile-long white sand beach with a very exclusive feel to it, lined with luxury resorts and condos. Bal Harbour attracts its share of celebrities.
Although a public beach, there are no public facilities or lifeguards. Most of the facilities such as beach chair and umbrella rentals and a
variety of watersports are available through the resorts, and as you can imagine, it all comes with a price.
It is a strikingly beautiful beach, the sand dunes and paths are very well-maintained with charming landscaping all throughout. The vibe here is posh and exclusive, laid back and family-friendly.
Luxury Resorts and Condos line the shore...
The dunes and paths are well-maintained, there's lots of vegetation and greenery...
In addition to sunning and swimming, there is a walking or jogging path that goes all along the beach and is great for a stroll with
stunning views of the water and the ritzy high-rises...
Bicycling is allowed on the service road, there are no bikes allowed on the jogging path.
The path connects to the Miami Beach Walk, the 10-mile system of paved paths, sandy stretches, park promenades and elevated boardwalks that leads to Surfside Beach, North Miami Beach, Miami Beach and South Beach.
At the north end at the edge of the Haulover channel, the beach curves around and gives way into a concrete jetty that is open for fishing. You will see plenty of folks casting their lines.
Watersport gear is available through the many resorts on shore, there are kayaks and jet skis available for rent.
Bal Harbour Parking and Beach Access
If you are coming for the day, Parking on the street is a bit challenging, but there is metered parking at the north end under the Haulover bridge, as you drive northbound on Collins
it is the last turn to the right
before going over the bridge.
The beach access is through a path that runs alongside the Haulover channel with great views of Haulover and Sunny Isles just beyond.
Bal Harbour Beach at a Glance
Where?: Collins Avenue from 96th Street upwards to the end of Miami Beach Island between the Haulover Beach inlet and Surfside Beach
Parking: Street parking is difficult, better try the metered parking under the Haulover Bridge at the north end. One hour is only a dollar.
Restrooms and Showers: No
Other ammenities: Walking and jogging path, beach chair and umbrella rentals as well as watersport rentals at the many
hotels that line the beach
Bal Harbour Village offers a FREE shuttle around the city and down to South Beach
Bal Harbour Hotels
This is an upscale area home to some of the city's top luxury resorts. It is great for a quieter beach escape and over the top shopping and still convenient to the heart of the action in South Beach.
A Day At The Beach... Top Picks For...
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund