Our Beaches Welcome You Back!
Parks, green spaces, beaches, beachwalks and baywalks have reopened in our city! Beaches are open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Please adhere to the rules to prevent the spread of Covid-19:
- Facial coverings are now mandatory indoors and outdoors until further notice
- The countywide curfew has been modified to be from midnight to 6:00 am every day until further notice
- Social distancing of 6 feet must be kept (except from members of same household)
- All beachgoers must have facial covering available and ready to use at all times; beachgoers must be able to show their mask upon request by local authority
- Face covering not required for children under 2, persons that have difficulty breathing and persons involved in strenous physical activity or while in the ocean
- Public gatherings of 10 or more people are prohibited
- No floats
- No canopies or tents
- Allowed Activities: sunning, walking, jogging, swimming, surfing, paddle-boarding, kayaking. Be particularly cautious in swimming, surfing and other water-based activities associated with rescue and resuscitation
- Activities NOT Allowed: no organized group activities like volleyball, football, soccer, frisbee, paddleball, use of exercise equipment and playgrounds, dogs or pets on the beach, no fishing except in designated areas
For more info check out the City of Miami Beach Coronavirus Reopening Guidelines.
Hobie Beach is Miami's most popular beach for windsurfers and dog lovers and is located in a narrow strip along the Rickenbacker Causeway as you enter Key Biscayne.
This is not your typical beach with wide white sand beaches and crystaline waters, but it makes up in the action department.
This is where you come to learn how to wind-surf, take out a hobie cat for a ride around the bay, or paddle on a kayak with fantastic views from skyscrapers to historical mansions to mangrove estuaries.
And more, this little stretch of beach has some of the most striking views of the Miami skyline you could possibly get.
The rentals are conveniently located along the beach, there are beach chair and umbrella rentals as well as watersports rentals.
There are Quad Water Bikes for rent right on the beach...
As well as SUP Paddleboards...
Windsurfer rentals and instruction if you need it...
And Single or Double Kayaks, with easy in and out of the water...
The Doggie Beach
Hobie Beach or Windsurfer Beach is also known as the "Doggie Beach" since this is one of the very few Miami beaches where dogs are allowed.
must be on a leash, doggies and their owners can enjoy scampering in the water and have a fun day in the sun.
Remember to bring lots of fresh water. The strong sun and salt water will make doggies very thristy.
Getting to Windsurfer Beach
Hobie Beach is located off the Rickenbacker Causeway which is the bridge that brings you to Key Biscayne.
It will cost you $2.25 to cross the causeway, you only pay once when entering Key Biscayne.
There are gorgeous views of the Miami skyline and the bay as you cross the bridge which alone are just worth the toll price.
As soon as you go accross the bridge, you will see the first beach road entrance on your right.
There is also a second parking lot following this one.
Facilities have been recently re-done. Now there is a proper "parking lot" with plenty of spaces,
bathroom and shower facilities and security patrolling the area.
The beach is literally steps away from the parking lot, this is a very narrow stretch, which makes it very
convenient when hauling a lot of stuff, but there isn't much beach to speak of.
Hobie Beach at a Glance
Where?: Both sides of the Rickenbacker Causeway
Parking: Plentiful, but tight on weekends
Entrance Fee: Free
Restrooms and Showers: Yes
Other ammenities: Beach chair and umbrella rentals, water bike and kayak rental, paddleboards and wind surfing rentals and instruction.
Most concessions and facilities are on the South Side of the Rickenbacker Causeway.
A Day At The Beach... Top Picks For...
Miami Events By Month
Most Popular Excursions
Book with confidence! Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund